Yet another CGP question

Started by ThisIsAnAlias, April 15, 2014, 04:37:04 PM

I know in one post Nyr has pointed out that a special application may be used for *one* of 3 things. However, in Random Armageddon Thoughts, it was also recently pointed out that if you have the karma for the extended subguild, it should not burn a special application.

Does this mean a 3+ karma individual can put in a Special Application for something above their karma level, and include an extended subguild? For example, a 3 karma person submitting a Drovian/Outdoorsman.

Also, I would like to take this moment to say that my account says I have 1 Special Application this year, but my last use of a Special Application flag was on 7/09/2013. Why does it say I've used 1 this year?

I can answer the last bit. The 3 apps per year isn't per calendar year, but per 12 month rolling period. So you've used one special application in the last 12 months, namely the one on 7/09/2013. On 7/10/2013, provided you don't app any more, you'll have used none (and have all 3 available).

Currently CGP is not implemented, we still have some work to do on the coding side.

For this reason extended subguilds are part of the special application process only. This means you do have to 'burn' a special application to get an extended subguild, you cannot combine this application with anything else.  If you have the karma to play a guild or race then you do not need to special app it, which means you can use an extended subguild with it. Simply mention in your application what your intended combination is.

To be clear - you can not put in an application for something that is above your karma level AND apply an extended subguild as well. It must be one or the other.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Quote from: ThisIsAnAlias on April 15, 2014, 04:37:04 PMHowever, in Random Armageddon Thoughts, it was also recently pointed out that if you have the karma for the extended subguild, it should not burn a special application.

For what it's worth, that isn't true.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.