That's no moon...

Started by Nathvaan, March 17, 2014, 10:34:29 AM

As of this morning's reboot, we have implemented a few features with regards to the moons of Zalanthas.

The lunar features included:

• The weather now shows the waxing/waning status and if it is crescent or gibbous.
  • The weather now shows if it is rising or setting as it arcs across the sky (rises in the east and sets in the west).
  • When near or on the Sea of Eternal Dust, the weather command will indicate the level of the silt, based on lunar effects.

The last feature has been in a while, I realized I never announced it, my bad!

Discuss!

Half illuminated and waxing, the pink moon is high in the northern sky.
High in the southern sky is the black moon.

Oh heck yes. Thank you.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

I've wished for something like this for quite a while.  Thank you for all your hard work!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

And if you didn't see it, Nathvaan wrote up a detailed explanation of what went into this particular change (and others).
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Yes!  Thank you!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Question: have the moons always waxed and waned? I need to know so my character can properly freak out or not.

Oh this is great! Thank you so much.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on March 17, 2014, 11:38:44 AM
Question: have the moons always waxed and waned? I need to know so my character can properly freak out or not.

No freakout is necessary, they have always waxed and waned. If there was a force in Zalanthas that was big enough to suddenly jump start lunar cycles where there had been none before, it probably would have been explained in an RPT.

... or maybe we did have an RPT aboard the Vestric Space Station and no one invited you.
Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.

Such a great addition.  :)

*thumbs up*

Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Positively beautiful, and holy crap, so many hours of work. However, it is a permanent improvement to an already beautiful game, and details like this that flesh out the world make for better immersion and who knows, maybe future hidden fun stuff, etc. I'm very glad. :)
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Thank you. It is beautiful.
I'm glad those old red robes didn't lie.