March, Voters! March!

Started by Nyr, February 28, 2014, 02:01:36 PM

We're approximately 10 hours out from a voting reset on TMS and TMC.  At midnight, voting resets.  That means it'll be time to get those votes going!

Yarr!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

The TMS button doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment. I hope it clears up soon.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: BleakOne on February 28, 2014, 03:19:08 PM
The TMS button doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment. I hope it clears up soon.

Was the same for me, for a bit. Looks like it works now.

Let's not forget that we still might lose our place. Vote today!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Guess what time it is.

It's time to vote.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
The rest of you, if you see a blingy, buff brunette-blonde pair hanging out together pretty soon at your local bar, just...it's nothing. Move along. (Do not hit on them.)

Vote. Yes - I will be in this thread a lot, popping up on your unread messages list. Constantly? Why? Because you must vote.

Yeeess, vote you will.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

We could vote more. Wake up, vote, go back to bed. Thanks!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I voted.  My penis grew a inch longer, I lost two stone and Google offered me a job making $500 per hour from my own home.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Get to voting. Stop fucking around and vote. I won't tolerate another month in the middle of the pack. Get to it.

We're in 9th place.

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

11th.

I'm beside myself.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

People should vote.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Fuck it - we're two days into the month and just barely shaved the number 60. You fucking serious? Man ... I mean, maaaaan. Get with the program people. Rank gets new players, who get to see how awesome you play, and then they stay, and fill up clans, and get into plots, and get together and die so a Noble can have mithiril slippers.

So, vote, or the Noble doesn't get mithiril slippers.

Hey.  Do that voting thing, ya'all.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Voted.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Hey, we're in 12th place on TMS.

We'd need less than 10 votes to get into 8th place.

Can't we at least commit to being in the top ten?
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

2 votes to get back into the top ten!

Low bar, but get on it, you lazyboneses!

And now we're down like, 3?

DON'T MAKE ME MUDSEX AND CRASH THE SERVER, U GUYS

12!

Wait... what?

TWELFTH?!?! Aw come on!
* ShaLeah lesighs.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

We all know TMS is crooked.

For some reason we top TMC, but we can't hit the top ten on TMS.

I smell a rat.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on March 05, 2014, 04:30:34 PM
We all know TMS is crooked.

For some reason we top TMC, but we can't hit the top ten on TMS.

I smell a rat.

It's a couple of things.

Fewer players remember to vote twice per day on TMS.  So we have 111 votes on TMC right now.  You can only vote there once per day.  Let's say that everyone that voted there once per day voted on TMS twice per day, because you can.   We'd be at 222.  4th place, gaining on 3rd, within 25 votes of 2nd.

For the eleventy-billionth time, we have the numbers and we've always had the numbers to stay at 2nd on TMS.  :)  We have a sizable number of players logged in each night during peak times; that's verifiable and noted on mudstats.  60 players on a Tuesday night.  We have a sizable number of players that log into the GDB each day.  In fact, we've had 163 players log in to the GDB so far today.  That's actual individual accounts created for GDB use, no duplicate IP addresses (so no alts).  That's verifiable--we've locked down against spambots, and we don't have any mods on our forum that artificially inflate our numbers to make it look like we have hundreds of people here.

That's really the big thing.  It is the biggest factor here because we've been able to do this before. 

However, there is one other thing that I still would say is minor (because we've overcome it before):  there's no login accountability on TMS.  With account restrictions it is easier to restrict votes to one vote per person.

I would say the best bet really is an opt-in reminder for voting.

Are we working off of the assumption that the playerbases of these other games are just more diligent than us for the purposes of TMS even though they appear to somehow be not so diligent when it comes to TMC?

It just irritates me. I see no reason why the players of these other games are somehow on top of their game and voting twice a day to beat us on TMS, but don't even touch us on TMC.

Are these other games doing something for TMS votes that we aren't doing? Do they require you to vote to login and play or something?

That seems awkward.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Alright, math word problem time.  Or, I guess, research problem time, since there's no math to do.

How many people pledged to vote twice per day last month?
What place would that have put us at last month?
How many votes did we actually get last month?
What place did that actually put us at last month?
Why is there a discrepancy?  (Your answer cannot be "because other games cheated.")

Please show your work and cite sources.  I leave you to it.