Extended Subguilds

Started by Yummri, November 20, 2013, 09:50:49 PM

So I have a couple of questions.

1. Can a new player request these(like me for example)?
2. I didn't notice any points in creation. Is this new/not implemented yet - I should file a request.
3. If I file a request now, for a future character, will my request for this last that long?
4. Is there anything else I need to know about the different guilds listed?

1: Yes
2: Not implemented
3: Your request will last for a shorter length of time than other special apps would
4: I think the extended subs pretty much tell you what they give you. The helpfiles tell you all you need.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

I read somewhere you have to kill off or store your character in two weeks once the special app for an extended subguild is approved, or lose your app, don't know if this is true, but it's one of the things that seriously prevents me from even trying.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Uh, that's not true at all and whoever said that is a jerk.

Staff will NEVER force you to store a current character for an ext. sub or special app. That character will be waiting for you when you want to play it.

There's a grain of truth to it.  Extended subguilds are in beta form and we are still reviewing them for balance and testing.  If you're planning to sit on an extended subguild for months, you shouldn't apply for one.  To that end, we expedite extended subguild/skill boost requests more than special applications.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

My idea was to potentially put one in for the future. Because I read someplace that it can take weeks for a special app to go through and that's a really long time to be sat waiting to play a character.

I have no intention of giving up my current character(willingly). But when I get into a game like this I plan for the future to a lot myself the time to come up with a decent ackstory, personality and look to give people a better and more in depth experience.

Extended subs are moved forward faster than special apps are.

Oh, well then. Thanks for the information.    ;D

ackstory is what happens after your character dies, or the resulting story of their untimely and likely hilarious death.

It's a good thought. It's hard to manage characters you want to make vs. characters you currently enjoy playing. It's a dilemma a LOT of us have.

But, unfortunately, you should only app it when you're sure you're going all in.

If you lose your current character unexpectedly, you can roll up something you don't really intend to keep, and then submit the request. Just be sure you store the character appropriately (and not suicide) if/when you're accepted.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Harmless on November 22, 2013, 04:08:48 PM
It's a good thought. It's hard to manage characters you want to make vs. characters you currently enjoy playing. It's a dilemma a LOT of us have.

But, unfortunately, you should only app it when you're sure you're going all in.

If you lose your current character unexpectedly, you can roll up something you don't really intend to keep, and then submit the request. Just be sure you store the character appropriately (and not suicide) if/when you're accepted.

I did this once, then, when I realized I was having fun, I cancelled the special app.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Special apps take at the least two weeks, if not longer, to get approved. Cancelling a special app because you enjoy a char doesn't matter much, because if it's been a lengthy period of time witht he spec app, you can send a question request asking if it's okay to still app it in. And staff will say yes or no, to wait on it a bit. That's the policy as I last heard it.

See me personally, I work very hard on my concepts once I commit to the game, which I have.

I put a lot of time making everything just right so I know the ins and outs of every aspect of its thoughts, feelings and even looks and style and the way it talks.

Having to wait two weeks to play again, kinda makes it seem like extended subguilds just aren't worth it. Even if I would really like to try them for my next character.

It doesn't take two weeks to get an extended subguild approved, though. Looking at the last few weekly updates, I would expect to wait about three days.

He just said special app. I already stated earlier that ext. subguild apps go through faster.

Cabbage, you know we can read what he said, it's right there... What he just said isn't what you said he just said. Ya dig?  ;D