Pirating the sea of Eternal Dust

Started by 8bitgrandpa, November 11, 2013, 02:41:40 PM

So i have a concept of a man going to Red Storm village, buying skimmers. Finding a brave bunch as a crew, and finding an island within the sea to pillage the southern coast. so my questions mainly are has this really been done or are their any current things of this sort etc.
Quote from: TheWanderer on June 27, 2016, 07:18:18 PM
Patuk, you and 8bit are my favorite.

It has been done. Though what you find out there is likely to be more deadly than profitable or pillagable.

What a cool concept though. I would want to go.  You should post this as a family role when in am between pcs. We might die quick but fuck it. Let's do it anyways !
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I've never heard of such a rediculous idea... (looks up and away)
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Sounds fun.

Next character: Surly Red Storm pirate that drinks grog all day, every day, named "Hardliver"
You notice: A war beetle squeezes out an Orin-sized ball of dung.

Sounds like fun.  I'll join your crew.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Sounds like an interesting idea, if you can get some degree of admin assistance. Only been out there once. What I saw was-

Horrific.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Im actually really liking the idea, ive been thinking it over alot and yes with some admin help it would be one hell of and adventure!
Quote from: TheWanderer on June 27, 2016, 07:18:18 PM
Patuk, you and 8bit are my favorite.

I find that it's best to plan things that don't require admin support. Not that the staff isn't helpful and wonderful, but because 'no' is never the hoped for answer. And sometimes the implementation isn't what we hope either. Mostly though, I found that I enjoy Arm best when I don't wait for someone else to make the fun happen. Arm is best when you just try to do what you want to do. Sometimes you fail. Sometimes you even fail spectacularly!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

You wouldn't steal a tentacled abomination.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

The primary argument against silt-sea piracy is there is nothing to pirate.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: Dalmeth on December 15, 2013, 11:39:35 PM
The primary argument against silt-sea piracy is there is nothing to pirate.

Except for movies and video games that you'll need on the side while waiting for your crew of two PCs to log in.

"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Somewhere deep in the Silt Sea, two skimmers meet - alas, both are led by pirate captains. For want of actual prey, they sigh, shrug, then sit down to while away the boredom with a bit of dice and kruth. Winner takes the lone silt-pearl grebber.

I've  greatly enjoyed the two silt skimmer crews that  I have been a part of over the years.

I highly recommend giving it a try.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I've considered doing this very thing for quite some time now, when I have more time to devote to the game maybe I will.

Sounds like time for another Red Storm Revival.... meet you all there!
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Yarrrrrr.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

I played an elvish silt skimmer crew member as my first ever character. I am not sorry.

December 16, 2013, 01:01:07 PM #18 Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 03:38:29 PM by ale six
Silt skimmer thread!

ctrl-f laurentide
"phrase not found"

??? ??? ??? ???

I was piloting a skimmer and saw another skimmer. I thought the other guy must be a bad ass or crazy or a magicker  and I fled the area!! That's as close as I have come. I waited a minute to see if he'd approach but nope.

Quote from: GithMaster on December 16, 2013, 03:35:48 PM
I was piloting a skimmer and saw another skimmer. I thought the other guy must be a bad ass or crazy or a magicker  and I fled the area!! That's as close as I have come. I waited a minute to see if he'd approach but nope.

He probably thought the same thing.  I don't think it is unrealistic to say that only bad assess have silt skimmers.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on November 11, 2013, 02:41:40 PM
So i have a concept of a man going to Red Storm village, buying skimmers. Finding a brave bunch as a crew, and finding an island within the sea to pillage the southern coast. so my questions mainly are has this really been done or are their any current things of this sort etc.

But there's nothing on the southern coast to pillage, except Red Storm itself. You wanna fight Magic Multown for a pile of cloth and wheat? Good luck!

Quote from: jstorrie on December 16, 2013, 10:42:07 PM

But there's nothing on the southern coast to pillage, except Red Storm itself. You wanna fight Magic Multown for a pile of cloth and wheat? Good luck!

I believe he mean the "southernmost coast" of the sea, as in if there was another continent on the other side.

I just imagine it just goes on and on for the rest of the planet, Sea of ETERNAL dust, after all.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 16, 2013, 10:54:34 PM
Quote from: jstorrie on December 16, 2013, 10:42:07 PM

I believe he mean the "southernmost coast" of the sea, as in if there was another continent on the other side.

I just imagine it just goes on and on for the rest of the planet, Sea of ETERNAL dust, after all.

I bet there's an awesome spot after the sea of eternal dust, where those 67 players online I can never find are!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."