Master rank

Started by Royal, September 28, 2013, 05:23:55 PM

When you're a master rank at something, does that mean you can no longer get any better at it? Or are there still differences in skill levels between somebody that just became a master and somebody that's been a master for 10-15 days?

It seems to me that 'Master' means you're in the upper limits of a skill's levels, rather than having reached the top level. So yes, I believe there is a difference between someone who just reached master and someone who has practiced more after reaching master, to answer your question more directly.

QuoteWhen you're a master rank at something, does that mean you can no longer get any better at it?

No.

QuoteOr are there still differences in skill levels between somebody that just became a master and somebody that's been a master for 10-15 days?

Depends on the skill, but yes, usually.

To add it depends on the skill and how each PC has that skill. From what I understand skills provided through guild you can reach higher skill levels than those obtained by a subguild.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Master is master. Some guilds will not master some skills, other guilds will not master other skills. Your guild is like a rough estimate, based on what your guild choice is, of what your skills mastery will look like. If you take a non-fighting guild, you will NOT (I say this with reservation to certain sub-guild modifications) master most combat skills, if any at all. That's just how it works. If you take merchant, you can "probably" assume you will master most merchanty crafting skills. If you take ranger, you can "probably" assume you will master most rangery skills.

The gist of it is this:  Look at your guild name, at their skills, and try to find out which skills fit into that guild the -best-, and which one seem to be a staple for that guild. You can then judge which skills might master.

You will never master analyze ever. Stop trying.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on October 12, 2013, 06:24:09 AM
You will never master analyze ever. Stop trying.
LOL.

To answer the OP, there is a range of mastery, yes.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870