Longevity of PC

Started by JackGibbons, September 27, 2013, 11:45:27 PM

PC longevity, oh how the double edged sword glimmers

you get bored, you get known, you rich, your gear gets covetted, and you get sad as all your favorite characters die around you

but the being known part is the best, alot of people seem to make you hunters and make very good buddies when they latch onto your experienced hunter for some of "mamma's milk" lol

above all I find it's best to be one role or the other... the newb hunter clinging... or the old hunter being all experienced and helpful or disdainful
it's having something to RP about that makes longevity worth it's time, really

Clan longevity is a little different, as you all know, clans can be a living hell if you're not the leader, so.... all you super cool chill people... App up on those special roles, and lead us into the future of funner clans!

wooo!

Longevity is kind of overrated, depending on how you're playing.

Just enjoy the game. Approval waits are short.

My philosophy is to pick a person's life and experience it, good or bad, long or short, epic or humble. Decide on a goal, and decide on the risk vs time you're able to invest into it, and see what happens. If you're sure of the outcome, though, then that's boring. or if the outcome hinges only on whether staff say "okay," then you need to set a new goal.

In practice, this comes out as being appropriately reckless when it's called for, being appropriately social or antisocial, and being willing to lose.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Harmless on October 07, 2013, 11:23:38 PM
Longevity is kind of overrated, depending on how you're playing.

Just enjoy the game. Approval waits are short.

My philosophy is to pick a person's life and experience it, good or bad, long or short, epic or humble. Decide on a goal, and decide on the risk vs time you're able to invest into it, and see what happens. If you're sure of the outcome, though, then that's boring. or if the outcome hinges only on whether staff say "okay," then you need to set a new goal.

In practice, this comes out as being appropriately reckless when it's called for, being appropriately social or antisocial, and being willing to lose.

I have to agree with this one. Become your PC get close and intimate with him or her. Pretend you are an actor and immerse yourself in the part.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.