This was an awesome HRPT

Started by Dresan, July 29, 2013, 12:53:34 AM

There is no winning side just yet.

This is the point of this HRPT.  There is a volcano in a new spot and soil near Allanak where there was once none.  Could this help in the long run for Allanak and the war to come?  More food for its soldiers?

What about the road connecting the cities?  How badly is it blocked?

Allanak and Tuluk are at war.  The winner is yet to be determined.  This is the most exciting part about all of this!  I read about the Copper Wars and I wonder of all the cool sub-plots within plots that happen and I now might have a chance to be a part of it!

With my new character  :P

I haven't played Arm for a whole day in years. 8)

#hadfun
#winning
#hastagsarefashionable
Amor Fati

Quote from: TheWanderer on July 29, 2013, 10:02:48 AM
Allanak had a dragon that threw volcanoes at people.
'Nuff said.
tuluk threw pretty lights at people i think that means victory

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

let us all sup tea and celebrate our (subtle) victory

nah we rough circle to celebrate

*grunt*

"] yer a wizard, oashi"

July 29, 2013, 12:17:03 PM #30 Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 12:22:04 PM by Morrolan
Quote from: MeTekillot on July 29, 2013, 01:03:42 AM
someone's got a thing for gypsy genocide

Dude. I'm asking you to, please, avoid that phrase. It's cringeworthy, seeing as such a genocide has happened within living memory in the Real World.

Thanks.

[/pcderail]

Yes, it was an awesome HRPT. I can't imagine how much time staff spent going over pesky little details before the events unfolded. A large round of applause for Staff, then.

>stand
>ovate
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Morrolan on July 29, 2013, 12:17:03 PM

Yes, it was an awesome HRPT. I can't imagine how much time staff spent going over pesky little details before the events unfolded. A large round of applause for Staff, then.

>stand
>ovate

Yes.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: LauraMars on July 29, 2013, 09:20:48 AM
Fertile land or not, there's really no downside to no longer having a volcano sitting on your front porch.

Was that there since the last war? I'm starting to see a pattern here.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

No it poofed up after the HRPT.

Quote from: MeTekillot on July 29, 2013, 12:56:48 PM
No it poofed up after the HRPT.

I meant the volcano outside Allanak. The one that disappeared.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

It poofed up after the last HRPT where all the shit got fucked up. I think?

The volcano appeared when the black moon did.

Idk when it stopped spewing lava and just chilled, though.

The volcano's movement is a pretty awesome development. I'm wondering if it means 'nak gets food and Tuluk gets easy obsidian/magma, now? What will the volcano do to the local forest? FIRE KRYL?!

Fire kryl!!!  Nooooooooooooooooo

The general trend I've seen in the past few years is that Allanak always achieves its objective but loses more PCs doing it than Tuluk does retreating.

:)

#copperwartruthers
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

July 29, 2013, 01:39:21 PM #41 Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 01:43:52 PM by Morrolan
Does it affect:

Quote from: Chronology of the Known World744 (Year 51 Age 10)
Tektolnes confronts Luir Dragonsthrall deep in the obsidian mines of Allanak. By use of incredible magicks, Tektolnes buries Luir under ninety-nine cords of rock.

I'm sure it's totally safe...
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Celest on July 29, 2013, 01:26:54 PM
The volcano's movement is a pretty awesome development. I'm wondering if it means 'nak gets food and Tuluk gets easy obsidian/magma, now? What will the volcano do to the local forest? FIRE KRYL?!

'Nak had easy obsidian before the volcano...but maybe that's because that volcano was always sitting underneath there...now if it's actually gone gone......ALL THE STUFF TO THINK ABOUT OMG.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on July 29, 2013, 01:41:02 PM
Quote from: Celest on July 29, 2013, 01:26:54 PM

'Nak had easy obsidian before the volcano...but maybe that's because that volcano was always sitting underneath there...now if it's actually gone gone......ALL THE STUFF TO THINK ABOUT OMG.

That's not the way obsidian and vulcanism works.
Quit playing minecraft and read a geology book... Or possibly play dwarf fortress - most of its geology stuff is decently realistic.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

I don't play minecraft.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I think I'll look somewhere other than a game with teleporting volcanoes for examples of geological realism.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on July 29, 2013, 02:05:08 PM
I think I'll look somewhere other than a game with teleporting volcanoes for examples of geological realism.

:-*

Quote from: LauraMars on July 29, 2013, 02:05:08 PM
*snort* Hipsters. Always think they know what's truelyfe and what's fake.

"] yer a wizard, oashi"

Let's talk about how awesome the HRPT was and not make vague pot shots at each other.

Yay!
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

This was an awesome HRPT because we planned this for literally about eight months.

One day.

Eight months of planning.

One day.

Yeah, it was pretty awesome.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff