Stats/Attributes

Started by ScarletteFyre, July 24, 2013, 02:23:16 PM

I had someone who was 16 years old with AI wisdom, I think that was before also.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

So.. someone explain to me then what 'AI' is standing for here.. because I am going straight to 'Artificial Intelligence"...and that just doesnt fit. One stat does seem overly high.. but the 3 others are below average and was wondering if that was -really- bad. or.. normal.. with her age though I am gonna assume some of them will be going up.

July 26, 2013, 02:38:10 AM #27 Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 02:40:21 AM by Molten Heart
If I explained what AI stood for you wouldn't believe me because the answer would be too absolutely incredible(!)
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Young PCs are fun to play. But sometimes it can be quite frustrating.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Awesome.. and yet somehow I understood it.. Sweet!

If you start getting frustrated and you're afraid it will show something that isn't true to your character and you feel yourself expressing that frustration in your character find a way to take a break. Getting away sometimes is good too.

I can't believe I just said that.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

AI strength was pretty nice. Especially when you have that with Exceptional agility and Very good endurance. I felt pretty unstoppable. It was also pretty silly that this PC's half way point, where regen stops, was some of my previous PC's actual full hp. Though actually, those stat roles hindered me, as I was super afraid to lose my second character of the game, and I didn't go out and explore as much as I wanted to.  I can't believe I ended up storing that PC. But after a year of not playing, I wanted to try something different.  Also, I've had more fun with PC's that had crap for stats, but ended up being surprisingly fun to play. So yea, stats don't really matter in the end, though not to say I don't cross my fingers when I roll and reroll.

On a side note, did poor get taken out of the game? Or is that something that still lurks in the character creation system?

Quote from: ScarletteFyre on July 26, 2013, 02:30:31 AM
So.. someone explain to me then what 'AI' is standing for here.. because I am going straight to 'Artificial Intelligence"...and that just doesnt fit. One stat does seem overly high.. but the 3 others are below average and was wondering if that was -really- bad. or.. normal.. with her age though I am gonna assume some of them will be going up.

If you started your character very young, then yes, it is not unusual for your strength, endurance, and wisdom to be fairly low. All of those increase with age. Let me guess, your one high stat is agility? That's the one that youth gets a bonus for.

Personally I would like it if the stat descriptors were themselves pegged to averages for a member of your race at your age, rather than the average for an adult. But they aren't. So don't fret about your BAs. You're new, right? You're going to get killed later this week anyway.

AI = absolutely incredible = highest stat range for that race.

Also, since I don't see it posted elsewhere in this thread:  http://armageddon.org/help/view/Age

QuoteAs citizens of Zalanthas gain years of existence, their bodies begin to change to conform to their age. Generally, a person will grow stronger and tougher from adolescence until they hit their prime, gradually increasing their stamina and endurance. After this peak, they will begin to lose that strength and health slowly. Wisdom nearly peaks early in life and increases slowly until death, and agility peaks in adolescence and slowly decreases into old age.

Following is a list of the average lifespan of members of each race on Zalanthas, in Zalanthan years:

Mantises 24
Half-giants 82
Muls 60
Elves 92
Humans 68
Dwarves 100
Half-elves 76
Halflings 120

Note that all races develop proportionally to their average lifespans, so a 30 year old halfling would be in roughly the same stage of development as a 17 year old human.

Hope that helps.
"You were right. I don't know if life is greater than death. But love was more than either."

Quote from: lordcooper on September 25, 2013, 04:46:37 AM
Stop bringing OOC notions into the game.  Zalanthans bleed when they get hungry

Quote from: Son of Valhalla on August 20, 2013, 11:50:37 AM

AI = absolutely incredible = highest stat range for that race.

Also, since I don't see it posted elsewhere in this thread:  http://armageddon.org/help/view/Age

QuoteAs citizens of Zalanthas gain years of existence, their bodies begin to change to conform to their age. Generally, a person will grow stronger and tougher from adolescence until they hit their prime, gradually increasing their stamina and endurance. After this peak, they will begin to lose that strength and health slowly. Wisdom nearly peaks early in life and increases slowly until death, and agility peaks in adolescence and slowly decreases into old age.

Following is a list of the average lifespan of members of each race on Zalanthas, in Zalanthan years:

Mantises 24
Half-giants 82
Muls 60
Elves 92
Humans 68
Dwarves 100
Half-elves 76
Halflings 120

Note that all races develop proportionally to their average lifespans, so a 30 year old halfling would be in roughly the same stage of development as a 17 year old human.

Hope that helps.

Also, hitting "prime" =/= hitting "adult"
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse