Second HRPT ever?

Started by janeshephard, July 15, 2013, 10:04:54 PM

Seems so, though I have been DCed like three times before.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

That's a first.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

It's back.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

This was pretty cool, I'm glad I was allowed to see at least a part of what happened. though I didn't do anything out of fear I'll attack someone from my side and fuck it up royally. It really felt like I was untrained half-giant with poor wisdom :)

Awesome!  Thanks for putting it together, staffers.
"You were right. I don't know if life is greater than death. But love was more than either."

Quote from: lordcooper on September 25, 2013, 04:46:37 AM
Stop bringing OOC notions into the game.  Zalanthans bleed when they get hungry

So is this the thread where we thank staff for a fun (if occasionally wtfspammy) HRPT and plots that kept almost everyone guessing?

Because if so, thanks guys. I'm sure you worked your asses off. I had a blast.

Yes, thanks.

I'm liking the world actually in war now.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

This was a lot of fun. Thank you staff for putting on a good time.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Thank you, staff.

Recruits! Time to get back to training!

"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Ender on July 22, 2013, 05:52:45 PM
Quote from: Delirium on July 16, 2013, 11:26:18 AM
The liberation of Tuluk was shortly before I began playing in 2001.

Liberation of Tuluk was April 2002.  It was a learning experience where what we learned was, Halaster liked killing PCs en masse with unit npcs.

I remember. 

>take ring body

The templar shouts out, "the next person to touch a body dies!"

A unit of soldiers hits you on your neck, doing terrible damage!

BEEP.

Quote from: perfecto on July 24, 2013, 03:07:47 PM
Was the detruction of Mal Krian considered an HRPT?

Yes... I remember those days

So many earthquakes.  Didn't that same earthquake also make Allanak 50 rooms bigger, and Melith's Circle an Oval ?

Halaster Recommended Playing Times, yeah.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on July 28, 2013, 11:37:31 PM
Quote from: Ender on July 22, 2013, 05:52:45 PM
Quote from: Delirium on July 16, 2013, 11:26:18 AM
The liberation of Tuluk was shortly before I began playing in 2001.

Liberation of Tuluk was April 2002.  It was a learning experience where what we learned was, Halaster liked killing PCs en masse with unit npcs.

I remember. 

>take ring body

The templar shouts out, "the next person to touch a body dies!"

A unit of soldiers hits you on your neck, doing terrible damage!

BEEP.

Quote from: perfecto on July 24, 2013, 03:07:47 PM
Was the detruction of Mal Krian considered an HRPT?

Yes... I remember those days

So many earthquakes.  Didn't that same earthquake also make Allanak 50 rooms bigger, and Melith's Circle an Oval ?

Halaster Recommended Playing Times, yeah.

Since we're reminiscing about HRPTs of old..

1476 (Year 13 Age 20)

Allanak, after centuries of bloodshed and war, launches a successful assault on the Northlands. In a series of bloody battles, Allanaki troops conquer the region of Gol Krathu. The lone surviving Allanaki templar, Elaira Fale of the Blue, is credited with the victory. However, the invaders are unable to finish the job, as Muk Utep holes up in his pyramid and an indefinite siege begins.

In this battle, my psionicist kid Bynner totally almost made it to the gates of Tuluk, wading through a ridiculous war of death and carnage.  Just about everything that was there died.  Except that is for Lieutenant Kroz of the Byn, who my kid was following, cutting down entire NPC units left and right (back then, units weren't so tough when you disarmed their single wielded weapon, heh!  Halaster learned from that one!).  The only reason my kid psi died actually, was that he saw 13507892356 coins in some templar's body as the parade was rolling on past, so he left the group to go back a room to pick it up.. and promptly got squished by an enemy HG going by.  Oh, how times don't change in that last respect..  :D

1516 (Year 53 Age 20)

After forty years of Allanaki occupation, the Sun Legions of Tuluk launch a surprise attack on the Southern forces occupying the Gol Krathu region. Composed of members of the Sun King's Legions, the Rebellion, various human tribes of unknown origins, and hordes of hideously mutated and deformed creatures, the army successfully penetrates the Scaien Walls and liberates the land inside. The Allanaki Red Robes Sathis Valika and Aquila Nenyuk are slain in a duel with Isar, who is also mortally wounded during the confrontation. In the confusion, Kul himself is also cut down as the Tuluki forces make their way towards Luirs, liberating it from Allanaki occupation as well. Here, the Allanaki Red Robe Ihsahn Kasix and his units are caught between the Tuluki army and Kuraci militia. They are summarily executed.

In this battle, my character watched Precentor Kul die.  He was fighting with a massive, crazily magicked out sword.  My character, being an enterprising southern magicker living openly in the north, promptly picked up that massive, crazily magicked out sword.

Someone sends,
   "Put that down right NOW"

Welcome to Armageddon!

Ah, good times as always.   8)
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse