Second HRPT ever?

Started by janeshephard, July 15, 2013, 10:04:54 PM

Staff is pretty cool for allowing quick characters if you die.

Really, that's an awesome thing to do for players.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

It's a brand new day
And the sun is high
Hear the angels sing
Because you're gonna die
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Winds cord the sands to woeful song
From my posted vantage atop the dune
Standards tower across camps, many soldiers strong
Warlords' gathered mass of doom.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I've posted a version of this on a clan forum, but maybe this will help those of you that are new to HRPTs or even veterans.  Things to remember!

1. It is going to be hectic.  We've done what we can to try to make the hectic stuff much less of a fast-paced, break-neck spamfest of commands, but in the end, you will need to be vigilant and pay attention.  Some suggestions are to use brief combat and to also have color highlights already set up for things you really need to notice.
2.  You may or may not die, be maimed, etc.  We're not necessarily out to get you specifically, but this is an HRPT.  HRPTs mean shit hits the fan.  Shit may also hit you.  You may also hit the fan.  The fan may be a lie.
3.  Despite the above, you have the ability to affect what happens to you, to your people, and to other things in the world.  Your action or inaction may not necessarily affect you, your unit, those around you, your city-state, your region, or the world as a whole...but it also might.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Nice. I guess this means there will be tons of corpses to loot :D
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Quote from: janeshephard on July 28, 2013, 10:39:38 AM
Nice. I guess this means there will be tons of corpses to loot :D

Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

in about three hours:

OMG! You're Jim Carrey?!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: staff
A staff member sends:
     "Likely a flub in the machine. It does not understand birthdays! (But it understands death like no one's business.)"

T minus 3:45
Fredd-

Quote from: FantasyWriter on July 28, 2013, 11:04:09 AM
OMG! You're Jim Carrey?!

damn, secret's out

Quote from: Barsook on July 28, 2013, 11:14:32 AM
T minus 3:45

For the record, the HRPT will start is at 2 PM Server Time.  It is 11:42 AM Server Time right now.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

I meant t minus 3 hours and (now) 15 minutes.  I don't know why I said that it way.
Fredd-

Quote from: Barsook on July 28, 2013, 11:44:27 AM
I meant t minus 3 hours and (now) 15 minutes.  I don't know why I said that it way.

I meant that you're off by an hour.  It's 2 hours and 15 minutes away.

Oh.  *mutters under breath*
Fredd-

the blank stare of a stone cold killer

Quote from: Barsook on July 28, 2013, 12:20:59 PM

You can >whisper self now. ;)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Wastrel on July 28, 2013, 12:29:11 PM

the blank stare of a stone cold killer

Oh, yes.  The killer is here.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on July 28, 2013, 12:29:56 PM
Quote from: Barsook on July 28, 2013, 12:20:59 PM

You can >whisper self now. ;)

:D
Fredd-

who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 58 players currently in the world, other than yourself.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 64 players currently in the world, other than yourself.
Fredd-

I just hope there will be stuff for people who have to stay in the cities, IC.

Almost 80 now.
Fredd-

Alright I got my armageddon coffee mug in hand, my armageddon T-shirt on, got myself a bottle of red wine, bottle of white wine, bottle of crown royal, a case of beer, and two packs of smokes.... Lets play some God Damned ARMAGEDDON!!!!
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: HailTheAbyss on July 28, 2013, 01:11:23 PM
I just hope there will be stuff for people who have to stay in the cities, IC.

I'm hoping there won't be stuff for people who chose to stay in the cities.
em cringes with fear as he sees ~immortal become visible and level an apartment building
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: perfecto on July 28, 2013, 01:13:53 PM
Alright I got my armageddon coffee mug in hand, my armageddon T-shirt on, got myself a bottle of red wine, bottle of white wine, bottle of crown royal, a case of beer, and two packs of smokes.... Lets play some God Damned ARMAGEDDON!!!!

Wait there's a t-shirt?
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.