Second HRPT ever?

Started by janeshephard, July 15, 2013, 10:04:54 PM

Quote from: LauraMars on July 16, 2013, 11:19:07 AM
What about the seige of Allanak and Thrain Ironsword?

I played during this and somehow survived. Hint: flee is your friend.
"Let sleeping characters sleep naked." -Azroen

July 16, 2013, 12:02:57 PM #26 Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:40:44 PM by KankWhisperer
My favorite was when Luir's turned for the north. I was genuinely surprised at the double cross. Being a filthy merchant and there being no accent code made it easy to be on the winning team tho. (also no tuluki tattoos back then)

Quote from: KankWhisperer on July 16, 2013, 12:02:57 PM
My favorite was when Luir's turned for the north. I was genuinely surprised at the double cross. Being a filthy merchant and there being no accent code made it easy to be on the winning team tho.

I think I was the last person to die in that (like 2 am in jail). I am ashamed to admit I was brave and loyal. I didn't tell them anything.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: KankWhisperer on July 16, 2013, 12:02:57 PM
My favorite was when Luir's turned for the north. I was genuinely surprised at the double cross. Being a filthy merchant and there being no accent code made it easy to be on the winning team tho. (also no tuluki tattoos back then)

It was fun to be a Kuraci at the time.
There is a tool for every task, and a task for every tool.
-Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannisport and Warden of the West

Quote from: Red Ranger on July 16, 2013, 12:57:33 PM
It was fun to be a Kuraci at the time.

Isn't Kurac the best clan in the game, anyway?

Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 11:50:50 AM
Quote from: Desertman on July 16, 2013, 11:34:52 AMYou know how you always wanted to play that character that lived in a Allanaki farming village?

So true. So very true. Except I didn't want to play a farm-slave.

The unit of farming slaves sings, in sirihish:
"Look down, look down,
Don't look 'em in the eye.
Look down, look down,
You're here until you die."

Morrolan gets lovepoints for quoting Les Mis.

The taking of Tuluk by Nak was a HRPT as well.  Before that, the Cataclysm was a HRPT.

I've only managed to make two HRPT out of the 5 or 6 while I have been around.  Both were quite cool. 
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

The Nov '03 and May '04 HRPTs were definitely the Luir's invasion/liberation ones (and the peripheral stuff). My first (well, only) Kuraci PC joined like a month before that Nov '03 HRPT, and it was awesome to be in Kurac at the time.

I don't know exactly when the Tuluki occupation was; it was before I started playing in September of 2002.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

I've been through 4.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

This will be my first.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

First one ever for me too.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

It will be the first HRPT for many people...how excited they must feel!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: Barsook on July 16, 2013, 06:51:15 PM
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on July 16, 2013, 05:46:50 PM
First one ever for me too.

First one ever. So excited and so nervous at the same time.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

You do not know terror until you see Halaster appear visible in the middle of an HRPT.

Damn why can't this happen when I don't have to be at work at 5am the next morning

Quote from: Marauder Moe on July 17, 2013, 12:11:17 AM
You do not know terror until you see Halaster appear visible in the middle of an HRPT.

Who are what is a Halaster?

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on July 17, 2013, 01:01:36 AM

You don't want to know.   :-*
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

Quote from: IntuitiveApathy on July 17, 2013, 01:39:00 AM

I wouldn't have asked if I didn't. I guess I'm going to get the general response of "Find out IG".

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on July 17, 2013, 03:01:59 AM

I wouldn't have asked if I didn't. I guess I'm going to get the general response of "Find out IG".

Nah, this is definitely a 'find out OOC' thing.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

That is not something you'd find out IG. Halaster is an imm of days gone by who's very name strikes fear into the hearts of veteran Armers. And by fear I mean blood curdling screams of holyfuckthatwasfuckingbloodyashellbutawesomeandiwantmore.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

Quote from: i can haz mantis on July 17, 2013, 03:09:23 AM

That is not something you'd find out IG. Halaster is an imm of days gone by who's very name strikes fear into the hearts of veteran Armers. And by fear I mean blood curdling screams of holyfuckthatwasfuckingbloodyashellbutawesomeandiwantmore.

Oh now that's too funny. Too bad I missed that.

Quote from: Twilight on July 16, 2013, 01:25:51 PM
The taking of Tuluk by Nak was a HRPT as well.  Before that, the Cataclysm was a HRPT.

I've only managed to make two HRPT out of the 5 or 6 while I have been around.  Both were quite cool. 

Man, I would love to see a log of the takeover of Tuluk. That would be wicked.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

But Halaster isn't around anymore, right? So there's a tiny chance some of our chars might come out the other side alive....
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game