Have to press C again to connect?

Started by Nathvaan, April 29, 2013, 02:10:58 PM

Yeah I get this, plus something a bit more. When I first fire up Arm via Mushclient, it comes up normal but when I hit C, nothing happens. So I have to hit the d/c button, reconnect, comes up normal again, I hit c, invalid option c again, all is well. But I wasn't sure it was Arm, or Mushclient, or my wireless because I've also had weird spurts of lag that seem to be strictly me.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

This just now worked correctly, for the first time in a few weeks, for me.

I went back and did it again to make sure, and yeah, it's working right.

Last reboot removed the MSSP code which is why. We are still working on how to do it appropriately.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

AlClient (Ashavar's Legacy Client. Yes it's ancient. Yes it's discontinued. Still I'm used to it.)
I don't know for how long the problem was there, I restarted playing only days ago.
Q  : Where do you piss?
Yam: On elves.
Q  : And if the area, lacks elves at the given time?
Yam: Scan.

I've never encountered this problem. so I assume its gone

It is gone!
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Since a crash last night I've been having trouble with this again. Is it just me?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on June 30, 2013, 10:55:40 AM
Since a crash last night I've been having trouble with this again. Is it just me?

Haven't experienced the C thing again, but today I've had some entered commands not execute properly.

June 30, 2013, 03:13:46 PM #33 Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 03:16:03 PM by Myhrrn
Atlantis and it's been doing this since I started playing 7 years ago and is still doing it (in spite of the fixes).

Using Pueblo client. I had to press C twice, two times today, only when connecting using the IP. When I use the armageddonmud.org 4050 I have no problems. Only noticed this today, never before.

Actually, it's not c. It's the autologin. On both my computers. It hangs after it enters my name. Then when I hit enter it tells me it wants more letters and I have to hit enter and try again. Then it works perfectly.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: palomar on June 30, 2013, 10:58:52 AM

Haven't experienced the C thing again, but today I've had some entered commands not execute properly.

I would like some more detail about what you experienced when not able to execute commands and if you are able to reproduce this. Can you please send along some more detail?

Please include what client you are using as well.

Thanks!
Nathvaan

It freaks out when I accidentally hit '\' then it hangs for some reason and when I can type again, that command never went through. Usually \ will let me enter multiline stuff.

Quote from: KankWhisperer on July 01, 2013, 12:09:40 AM
It freaks out when I accidentally hit '\' then it hangs for some reason and when I can type again, that command never went through. Usually \ will let me enter multiline stuff.

Thanks, I will have a look at this again shortly!

I don't know if it's my client or not because I've never noticed it. I often use 'L' or 'I' to do look/inventory. Lately these haven't been working and I've been having to use 'look' and 'inv' to get the commands to parse. It doesn't always do this, but it has been doing it lately.

I'm using atlantis for mac os x.

Using the 'use' command in certain cases seems to make the game think I want to brawl, so it doesn't work in most rooms. The command does work in brawl rooms, though. I put in a couple of bug reports about it a few days back.

Just hit this.  Mudlet, on Ubuntu 13.04.  I was trying to move from one room to another and it took me like 5 or 6 times to get the command though.  Shall I send a bug report to you?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Cutthroat on July 01, 2013, 08:14:26 AM
Using the 'use' command in certain cases seems to make the game think I want to brawl, so it doesn't work in most rooms. The command does work in brawl rooms, though. I put in a couple of bug reports about it a few days back.

Please bug this in game with as much detail as you can fit on the thing you are trying to use.  I will have a look and see if it is related.

Thanks,
Nathvaan

Quote from: Barsook on July 01, 2013, 09:08:31 PM

Just hit this.  Mudlet, on Ubuntu 13.04.  I was trying to move from one room to another and it took me like 5 or 6 times to get the command though.  Shall I send a bug report to you?

Please bug this in game when it is happening.  This will allow me to look at the time stamp and ferret out what might be going on at that time for your connection. I'll have a look!

Thanks,
Nathvaan

I will, if it happens again.  I have the log to the other one but no time stamp.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

This was not happening for a while, but since the reboot this morning it is happening again using Savitar.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

Quote from: i can haz mantis on July 08, 2013, 01:44:08 PM
This was not happening for a while, but since the reboot this morning it is happening again using Savitar.
Ditto, except using Mushclient.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Sorry, what was working for some, doesn't work for others.  The command eating others were experiencing was far worse.  Sorry folks.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Yeah, it's super bad for me, and I wasn't experiencing it before (minimal command eating, but horrendous lag). So weird!

I was having the command eating too.  :-\ I'm lose-lose.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.