Have to press C again to connect?

Started by Nathvaan, April 29, 2013, 02:10:58 PM

If you have to press 'C' twice while trying to connect to the game, can you please post the MUD client you are using and what version client you are using?

I am trying to replicate the problem so I can see about getting a fix in place.

Thanks!
Nathvaan

I'm not having that exact problem, but the first command I manually enter per log in session I need to enter twice. This has been happening since everyone else started complaining about the 'C' problem. (I have an autologin thing on my client, so I just skip through all that.)

MUSHclient.

Mudlet does not suffer this problem from my own tests.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

I use zMud and I had an autologin trigger. My problem left with your fix though.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I use SimpleMU, and have been experiencing this issue. I will have to look up the version number when I get home.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: bcw81 on April 29, 2013, 02:38:55 PM
I'm not having that exact problem, but the first command I manually enter per log in session I need to enter twice. This has been happening since everyone else started complaining about the 'C' problem. (I have an autologin thing on my client, so I just skip through all that.)

MUSHclient.

This is probably the same issue.  Please let me know what version you are running when you get a moment and I will try and reproduce the issue so I can get it resolved.

It's still happening to me too. I'm using Pueblo.

Also, my guys belt and weapons dissapear (although they are still there) And I'm missing people walking (not sneaking) Into and out of rooms. Could this be a related issue? Or should I bug it?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Nathvaan on April 29, 2013, 03:29:18 PM
Quote from: bcw81 on April 29, 2013, 02:38:55 PM

MUSHclient.

This is probably the same issue.  Please let me know what version you are running when you get a moment and I will try and reproduce the issue so I can get it resolved.
MUSHclient 4.84

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Atlantis.

But it was doing this a few days ago.. Stopped today.
Czar of City Elves.

Savitar 1.5.2
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Happened on and off with MUSHclient 4.73 for...a while now. Can't remember it not doing that every now and then.

I use PortalGT (PC based, not Mac), and still have this issue as well.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Perfect.  I am able to reproduce which allows me to test fixes for it!

Savitar 1.5.3
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

How many of these are new in the last 2 weeks, and how many of them have been around longer than that?
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

For me, with Savitar, it's definitely new within the past couple of weeks.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Quote from: flurry on April 29, 2013, 10:56:27 PM
For me, with Savitar, it's definitely new within the past couple of weeks.

+1
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

SimpleMU is new also.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

New to me also (PortalGT).
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

New to me, Mushclient v4.43

Oh, and it is still somewhat random as well...a little more then 50% of the time.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

CMUD Pro 3.34 and has been happening consistently since the account error thing people were getting.

Quote from: Morgenes on April 29, 2013, 10:42:42 PM
How many of these are new in the last 2 weeks, and how many of them have been around longer than that?

It had to do it for a long time, I think more than a year. Though I had to press C three times, so the current situation is a definite improvement  :P

I even asked about and was told to update my Mush Client which didn't help.

Quote from: Morgenes on April 29, 2013, 10:42:42 PM

It's never stopped doing it since it started for everyone. At least, for me.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

For MUSHClient users - I'm using 4.73 and having no problems at all. I -did- get that extra C when the issue first cropped up, but it disappeared a couple of days later.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.