Analyze

Started by Silent Bob, August 25, 2003, 09:39:16 PM

I bought a helm and want to know whats in it.  I type analyze helm and I never get a response good or bad.  Has this been turned off or what?

Can one of the linklords please post the links to the other discussions on this?
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I'll sum it up, hopefully.  Analyze only works if you have the skill and ability to create the item you are analyzing.
Back from a long retirement

I was reading up on analyze and found something that was said.  It said that you can't look at some items to do this.  I wonder if you can't do this how do you know what is needed to repair an item?

Also, some items can't be crafted and will respond with nothing.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

There are three reasons why when you analyze it does not work.

1)  You don't  have the skill required.  If it takes the widget_making skill to make a widget, and you try and analyze a widget, you will not be able to figure out how it is made.

2)  You don't have enough skill to make it.  If do have the widget_making skill, but your skill in it is low, when you try and analyze a widget that takes a high amount of skill to make you will not be able to figure out how it was made.

2)  The item is not a craftable item.  A lot of items in the game came well before the crafting code.  You might be looking at one.  If try and analyze something that the crafting code does not support, it will not give a response.