Zalanthan-esque Quote of the Day

Started by Morrolan, April 15, 2013, 12:37:21 PM

Much like Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a goldmine of Zalanthas quotes.

Hell, anything Joss Whedon writes is.

The athletic, dark-haired young woman exclaims, in sirihish:
     "He's missing. Presumed dead!"

Blinking, the slender, middle-aged man asks, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "Presumed by whom?"

Crossing her arms, suddenly defensive, the athletic, dark-haired young woman says, in sirihish:
     "Well, me."

Deadpan, the gangly, middle-aged man says, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "I think we should give him a few hours before we give up on him."

Peering about the shadowy, skull-filled tunnel, lifting his burning large wooden torch, the muscular, golden-haired man says, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "Speaking of trouble, shouldn't we have run into some by now?"

Also peering about, wading through the ankle-deep muck, the hunchbacked, disfigured man asks, in northern-accented sirihish,
     "What do you mean?"

The shadows shifting from the flickering light of his burning large wooden torch, the muscular, golden-haired man says, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "You know, a guard, a booby trap..."

Suddenly, a burning large wooden torch is blown out by the wind.
The area is enveloped in darkness.

A male voice says, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "Or an ambush."

Someone subdues someone, despite their attempts to struggle away.
Someone subdues someone, despite their attempts to struggle away.

Smiling in a sinister manner, the swarthy, dark-goateed man lights a leather-wrapped bone torch.
The area is filled with a golden light.

Waving his torch in the faces of the muscular, golden-haired man and the hunchbacked, disfigured man, the swarthy, dark-goateed man asks, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "Well, well, well...what have we here?"

The large, skeleton-painted man exclaims, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "Trespassers!"

The skinny, skeleton-painted man exclaims, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "Spies!"

The muscular, golden-haired man says, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "We are NOT spies - -"

The hunchbacked, disfigured man says, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "Can't you listen - - "

Strolling through the muck, waving his leather-wrapped bone torch, the swarthy, dark-goateed man says, in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "Don't interrupt me!  You're very clever to have found our hideaway.  Unfortunately, you won't live to tell the tale."
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

The grizzled, war-weary physician says, in sirihish:
    "Evil is relative... you can't hang a sign on it. You can't touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger."

and

"I can laugh at peasants and townies chained all their lives to a tiny corner of the earth while I roam its face and see its wonders, but when I go down, there will be no child to carry my name, no family to mourn me save my comrades, no one to remember, no one to raise a marker over my cold bit of ground."

and

"Fate is a fickle bitch who dotes on irony.

and

The sleek, dark-haired woman says, in sirihish:
     "I do not want to die, Croaker. All that I am shrieks against the unrighteousness of death. All that I am, was, and probably will be, is shaped by my passion to evade the end of me."

I could go on. Glen Cook reads like a neverending stream of Zalanthas-appropriate quotes.

Stalking hastily down the street toward the chaos, the gangly, middle-aged templar says, in southern-accented sirihish:
    "Unbelievable."

In a mocking falsetto, the gangly, middle-aged templar exclaims, in southern-accented sirihish:
    "Do you like my mask? Isn't it pretty? It raises the dead!"

Disgusted, not breaking his rapid pace, the gangly, middle-aged templar says, in southern-accented sirihish:
    "Witches."

Lifting one hand to gesture at the tall, muscular man, her eyes a flat irisless black and voice just as flat, though oddly childlike, the petite, nerdy teen abomination says, in sunnydale-accented sirihish:
    "Bored now."

The petite, nerdy teen abomination casts a spell.
The tall, muscular man's skin flies off his body in all directions, leaving only a meat-puppet standing there.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Morrolan on September 20, 2013, 04:51:58 PM
Lifting one hand to gesture at the tall, muscular man, her eyes a flat irisless black and voice just as flat, though oddly childlike, the petite, nerdy teen abomination says, in sunnydale-accented sirihish:
    "Bored now."

The tall, muscular man's skin flies off his body in all directions, leaving only a meat-puppet standing there.

What was that taken from? DBZA?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on September 21, 2013, 04:36:33 PM
Quote from: Morrolan on September 20, 2013, 04:51:58 PM
    "Bored now."

What was that taken from? DBZA?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer when Willow became super bad ass witch because her girlfriend got shot and killed.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX-K5Dj0ByM

Frieza is Tek, Super Kami Guru is Muk. Nail is Muk's templar.

2:45 is what I picture happened when the Sun King sent his templars to war.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Leveling a slender steel sword at her, the square-jawed, brown-haired man asks the blonde, athletic young woman, in sirihish:
     "No weapons, no friends, no hope. Take all that away, and what's left?"

The blonde, athletic young woman knocks a slender steel sword from the square-jawed, brown-haired man's hand!

Lunging forward to grab the sword's hilt, the blonde, athletic young woman says to the square-jawed, brown-haired man, in sirihish:
     "Me."

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

"Dear Frederick, thank you for your nice letter. But I'm actually a U.S. Marine who was born to kill, where you have clearly mistaken me for some sort of wine-sipping communist dick suck. And although peace probably appeals to tree-loving bisexuals like you and your parents, I happen to be a death-dealing, blood-crazed warrior who wakes up everyday just hoping for the chance to dismember my enemies and defile their civilizations. Peace sucks a hairy asshole, Freddie. War is the motherfucking answer."— Cpl. Josh Ray Person

Replace words as needed and it totally fits.

"What do I care for your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output. "

Wearing a faintly threatening smile, the goateed, middle-aged man says to the willowy, blonde-haired woman, in sirihish:
     "Knowledge... is power."

The willowy, blonde-haired woman looks the goateed, middle-aged man over without much change in expression, then tilts her head, as if coming to a sudden decision.

Looking to a unit of hulking, black-armored guardsmen, the willowy, blonde-haired woman says, in sirihish:
     "Seize him."

A unit of hulking, black-amored guardsmen subdues the goateed, middle-aged man, despite his attempts to struggle away!

You notice: Suddenly, the goateed, middle-aged man looks very worried.

Blithely, the willowy, blonde-haired woman says, in sirihish:
     "Cut his throat."

You notice: The goateed, middle-aged man's eyes widen in fear.

The hulking, black-amored guardsman draws a slender steel dagger.

Abruptly, commandingly, the willowy, blonde-haired woman says, in sirihsh:
     "Stop."

The hulking, black-armored man pauses, the edge of his blade at the goateed, middle-aged man's throat.

Laughing carelessly and waving her hands, the willowy, blonde-haired woman says, in sirihish:
     "Oh, wait... I've changed my mind. Let him go."

The hulking, black-armored guardsman sheathes a slender steel dagger.

A unit of hulking, black-armored guardsmen releases the goateed, middle-aged man, and he immediately moves away.

Breathing hard, the goateed, middle-aged man stares at the willowy, blonde-haired woman.

Sauntering up to the goateed, middle-aged man to stare him fearlessly in the face, the willowy, blonde-haired woman says, in sirihish:
     "Power... is power."

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."

Basically anything Al Swearengen.

Growling out the words, the stout, scruffy black-haired man says, in southern-accented sirihish:
    "Don't I yearn for the days when a draw across the throat made fucking resolution."

October 03, 2013, 11:25:57 AM #140 Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 11:40:18 AM by Ender
The slimy, comb-overed man says in Sirihish:

"As to your dead guy, occupational hazard. Spice dealer getting shanked? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's been known to happen."

And of course:

The bald, goateed man says in Sirihish:

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Talia. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets stabbed, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

and for added fun:

Many brown packages are here

>arrange package is here stacked on a pile of similar packages

OK.

You hear a man shout from above in Sirihish:
"Talia, is that my minerals!"

>shout (annoyedly) Yes, Amos!
You shout annoyedy in Sirihish:
"Yes, Amos!"

"How many boxes!"

>emote sighs exasperatedly
the purple-clad brown-haired woman sighs exasperatedly.

>shout (impatiently)  I don't know, three, four hundred, a million?
You shout impatiently in Sirihish:
"I don't know, three, four hundred, a million!"

"Can you check them for damage!"

>look in package

in a brown paper package:
many blocky pieces of grey stone

>pemote facial features twitch as she seems to have reached her limit.
the purple-clad, brown-haired woman's facial features twitch as she seems to have reached her limit.

>shout They're rocks, Amos!
You shout in Sirihish:
"They're rocks, Amos!"

"No, they're minerals! Krath Talia!"
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Joe Abercrombie, First Law Trilogy:

"People would far rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially if it suits their own purposes."

"Rules are for children. This is war, and in war the only crime is to lose."

"People Allanakis love to see death. It reminds them that however mean, however low, however horrible their lives become... at least they have one."

The sleepy-eyed, wild-haired man asks, in sirihish:
     "Have you ever been in love? Horrible, isn't it?"

October 10, 2013, 03:42:09 PM #144 Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:59:08 PM by Ender
With defeat and sadness in his voice, the portly black-haired man says in sirihish:

"The worst isn't done.  The worst is just beginning, and there are no happy endings."
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

"Plans are for merchants and nobles. I've got moxie. And swords."

"Party needed a healer they said. Hah! Fighters with all the brains of a doorknob attacked something twenty times their size ... and they expect me to pull heads out of their ribcages!"
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

"I remember when a noble and his son visited my pen when I was only eight years old. The boy looked at me with such disdain and hate that I knew that day I was different. I looked at that noble boy through the bars; he was sickly, pale and a head shorter than I but the same age. That is the day I really knew I was different. That is the day I knew I was going to die in here."
-mul gladiator

Answering a knock, the smarmy, blonde-haired mayor opens the door.

Standing in the doorway, the attitudinal, dark-haired woman says, in sirihish:
     "You sent your boy to kill me."

The smarmy, blonde-haired mayor says, in sirihish:
     "Yes, I did."

The attitudinal, dark-haired woman says, in sirihish:
     "He's dust."

The smarmy, blonde-haired mayor says, in sirihish:
     "I figured he might be, what with you standing here and all."

The attitudinal, dark-haired woman says, in sirihish:
     "That means you have a job opening."

The smarmy, blond-haired mayor blinks in consideration, then opens the door wider, allowing the attitudinal, dark-haired woman into the room.

Sniffling, obviously upset, the curvy, fair-skinned abomination exclaims, in sunnydale-ish:
     "You dumped me, and staked me, and hurt me, and left me --!"

Holding his arms out soothingly, the angular, blond-haired man says, in sunnydale-ish:
     "I know, sugar, but you're forgetting the other thing I did. I missed you."