Zalanthan-esque Quote of the Day

Started by Morrolan, April 15, 2013, 12:37:21 PM

Tulukis: "EVERYTHING NOT FORBIDDEN IS COMPULSORY"

From the sign above the ant colony in T.H. White's The Once and Future King.
There is a tool for every task, and a task for every tool.
-Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannisport and Warden of the West

"They look like big, good, strong hands. Don't they? I always thought that's what they were. My little friends. The little man with his racing inix, the girl, even the stupid erldu. I couldn't hold on to them. Thehole pulled them right out of my hands. I failed."

Bynner half-giant talking about everyone falling down a hole

Taken from the Rock Biter from Neverending story
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

"I against my brother. I and my brother against our cousin. I, my brother, and our cousin against the neighbours. All of us against the foreigner." - Bedouin proverb.
QuoteCalavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

From 2004:-

The lightly burdened will be saved.

When you sleep inside, your thoughts are as high as the ceiling, when you sleep outdoors, your thoughts are as high as the stars.

He who shares my bread and salt is not my enemy.

At the narrow passage, there is no brother and no friend.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Men say "War is trickery." Elves say "A trick is worth more than a tribe."
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

"Magic guys. That sucks."

~Brock Samson.

"The waiting is the hardest part..."

-- Tom Petty
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

"Death is light as a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Found a Firefly quote that happens to apply particularly well.

"How come you didn't turn on me, Amos?"
"Money wasn't good enough."
"What happens when it is?"
"Well, that'll be an interesting day."

Quote from: musashi on May 05, 2013, 02:37:43 AM

*bow* You've won this thread, sirrah.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on May 05, 2013, 08:11:00 AM

"Death is light as a feather, duty heavier than furniture." --Little Tommy Sunday

from Gust Front by John Ringo
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Morrolan on May 05, 2013, 01:53:25 PM
Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on May 05, 2013, 08:11:00 AM

"Death is light as a feather, duty heavier than furniture." --Little Tommy Sunday

from Gust Front by John Ringo

Great book. I love when half way in people just start dying left and right and you're all WTF?

Tough old man to dangerous killer:  "I figure I got one more fight left in me.  You want it?"

---------

"If you're going to shoot at something, kill it.  Otherwise take up knitting."

Some dude talking to a Byn sarge...

Some dude: "Well, damnit, I'm going to get to the bottom of this!"

Byn Sarge: "Death's at the bottom of everything. Leave death to the professionals."

--The Third Man, 1948
Czar of City Elves.

May 10, 2013, 07:50:17 PM #64 Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 07:58:24 PM by MeTekillot
"Man, woman, gith. I don't care. As long as it rears my inix."
--------------------------------
You say to the burly, face-inked man, in sirihish:
     " Now this is all the 'sid Malik gave us in advance. You give it back to him, tell him the job didn't work out. We're not thieves... well, we are thieves, but the point is we're not taking what's his. We'll stay out of his way as best we can from here on in. You'll explain that's best for everyone, okay?"

The burly, face-inked man stands up.

The burly, face-inked man says, in sirihish:
     "Keep the 'sid. Use it to buy a funeral. It doesn't matter where you go, or how far you ride, I will hunt you down, and the last thing you see will be my blade."

You subdue the burly, face-inked man, despite his attempts to wrestle away.

You say, in sirihish:
     "Darn."

You release the burly, face-inked man and roughly shove him north.

You look north.
To the north is Over the Edge:
[nothing]

You hear someone cry out in the distance.

The gritty, rough man walks in from the east, dragging the tall, muscular man with him.

The gritty, rough man releases the tall, muscular man and he immediately moves away.

You say to the tall, muscular man, in sirihish:
     "Now this is all the money that Malik gave us in advance--"

Speaking hurriedly, the tall, muscular man says, in sirihish:
     "Oh, I get it! I'm good. Best thing for everybody!"

Grinning desperately, the tall muscular man says, in sirihish:
    "I'm right there with you."

Squatting over your bludgeoned, bleeding form and gesturing through the gate, Lord Templar Nolte says,
"See, that's the wilderness. This isn't. This is Allanak. This is my town. Out here you're a trespasser. Out here I can pick you up, burn your house, fuck your wife, and kill your dog. And the only thing that'll protect you is if I can't find you. And I already found you."

"Life sucks, and then you die."
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

"There are almost no supplies left... Provide for your (troops). You are expecting a supply caravan just before (the sands) entomb you. But it is (clear) now, enough time to delve secure lodgings, ere the (gortok) get hungry. A new chapter of (Byn) history begins here, at this place... Strike the earth!"

>.> Totally something I haven't been doing far too much of lately.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

and

"God rest the souls of that poor family... and pussy's half price for the next 15 minutes." Al Swearengen Kurac

"The night is dark, and full of terrors." Jihean to his underlings.

"It is one thing to lead by example with half a dozen soldiers at your back. It is wholly another with ten thousand."
- One astute Blue robe to another.

"Allanak was an ancient civilization, steeped in the power of antiquity, where gods once walked on every trader track, every footpath, every lost road between forgotten places. It was said the sands hoarded power within their sussurating currents, that every stone had soaked up sorcery like blood, and that beneath every city lay the ruins of countless other cities, older cities, cities that went back to the First Empire itself. It was said each city rose on the backs of ghosts, the substance of spirits thick like layers of crushed bone; that each city forever wept beneath the streets, forever laughed, shouted, hawked wares and bartered and prayed and drew first breaths that brought life and the last breaths that announced death. Beneath the streets there were dreams, wisdom, foolishness, fears, rage, grief, lust and love and bitter hatred."

- Both quotes from Steven Erikson, Deadhouse Gates
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

"See! That's what I need to learn. Learn how to be all dead inside, with muscles on top! Not all emotional and flabby..."

-New Byn Recruit to Grizzled old Sarge
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

"Welcome to fucking Boatmurdered Red Storm!"

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Life's hard.  It's even harder when you're stupid.

- John Wayne
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

Agent: "I don't pay you to put evil notions in my head, and the ones already there don't need company."
Mercenary: "You pay me to kill people who bother you. Evil notions come free."
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.