Zalanthan-esque Quote of the Day

Started by Morrolan, April 15, 2013, 12:37:21 PM

Let's collect Zalanthas-related aphorisms that we can't quite use in game here. Bring 'em if you got 'em!

"Sociopaths don't live in society. They live on it."
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight

"I have always loved the desert. One sits down on a desert sand dune, sees nothing, hears nothing. Yet through the silence something throbs, and gleams..."
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

"Violence is a personal necessity for the oppressed...It is not a strategy consciously devised. It is the deep, instinctive expression of a human being denied individuality."
— Richard Wright (Native Son)

"Slaves are generally expected to sing as well as to work."
— Frederick Douglass

"Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves."
— Henry David Thoreau

"But there's no such thing as free. There are only different and more horrible ways to be enslaved."
— Lauren DeStefano (Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2))
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Everyone thinks they have common sense, until they do something uncommonly stupid. - Me
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

"I have come here to smoke krentakh and kick ass.  And I'm all outta krentakh."

Crush your enemies, see the driven before you, hear the lamentation of their women mates. - Conan the Barbarian

Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead. - Durzo Blint

It smells like old whore in here. - Durzo Blint
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Riev on April 16, 2013, 02:45:44 PM
Everyone thinks they have common sense, until they do something uncommonly stupid. - Me
I think you misunderstand the intent of the thread.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

"I think you misunderstand the intent of the thread." - Is Friday.
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

- Amos the Ranger

- Malken
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Basically the entire script of Kill Bill (blame IsFriday for reminding me), but there's a few in particular I love:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack. Not rationality." - The Bride

"That woman deserves her revenge, and we deserve to die... but then again, so does she. So I guess we'll see." Bud

"I'm a killer! I'm a murdering bastard, you know that. And there are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard." - Bill

"No, you're not a bad person. You're a terrific person. You're my favorite person. But every once in a while, you can be a real cunt." - Bill

For all those political schemers out there:

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

"Well hello Mr. Fancy Pants. You ain't leadin' but two things right now, Jack and Shit, and Jack left town." - Ash, Army of Darkness
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Quote from: Delirium on April 18, 2013, 05:51:20 AM
Basically the entire script of Kill Bill (blame IsFriday for reminding me), but there's a few in particular I love:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack. Not rationality." - The Bride

"That woman deserves her revenge, and we deserve to die... but then again, so does she. So I guess we'll see." Bud

"I'm a killer! I'm a murdering bastard, you know that. And there are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard." - Bill

"No, you're not a bad person. You're a terrific person. You're my favorite person. But every once in a while, you can be a real cunt." - Bill

"Revenge is never a straight line. It's a forest, And like a forest it's easy to lose your way... To get lost... To forget where you came in."
- Hanzo, Kill Bill
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

April 18, 2013, 09:59:49 AM #13 Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:04:13 AM by Ender
Quote from: Delirium on April 18, 2013, 05:51:20 AM

I have used this quote in character.

The same character quoted more parts of this speech than I care to admit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRDtw8vG2gA
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

"I've ... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Mm heh.  Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched ... c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gates. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like ...  tears in the rain. Time to die."

-- death soliloquy, Roy Batty, Bladerunner

Someone in this game has had this very experience through the eyes of their character.

"All these moments will be lost in time, like grains of sand in the desert. Time to die."

"Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight...or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid...mostly only when I'm gettin' paid."  -- Byn Trooper Cobb
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on April 18, 2013, 10:44:13 AM
"Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight...or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid...mostly only when I'm gettin' paid."  -- Byn Trooper Cobb

Used this/different variations of this in game more times than I care to shamefully admit.

Actually, Byn Trooper Cobb really should be part of the T'zai Byn docs.  Definite mercenary mentality.  More quotes from him:

(after being told that you can't get paid if you're dead):  "Can't get paid if you crawl away like a bitty little bug neither. I got a share of this job. Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here... nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'... "

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here. Now we're finishing this deal, and then maybe, *maybe* we'll come back for those morons who got themselves caught."

"Don't much see the benefit in gettin' involved in stranger's troubles without a up-front price negotiated."
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

"I tried to kill him? That's kankshit. I've either killed a man or I didn't, I ain't ever tried to kill nobody."

Quote from: Nyr on April 18, 2013, 10:59:30 AM
Actually, Byn Trooper Cobb really should be part of the T'zai Byn docs.  Definite mercenary mentality.  More quotes from him:

7% seems kinda low, Sarge.
man
/mæn/

-noun

Quote from: Ender on April 18, 2013, 11:14:05 AM

Seven percent's standard!

"Don't much see the benefit in gettin' involved in stranger's troubles without a up-front price negotiated."

"They're whores."
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

"How about dying with a little dignity?"  - 47, Hitman

"Because I'm smaller. When I run, I have to travel further. When I get hurt, the hole is bigger." Yang, Expendables

"Remember, rinth-rat, when I promised I would kill you last? ... I lied." Ahhhhnold, Commando
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Quote from: Desertman on April 18, 2013, 11:49:44 AM
Quote from: Ender on April 18, 2013, 11:14:05 AM

Seven percent's standard!

I'm sure you're treated very well.   You get the perks, got your own room.
man
/mæn/

-noun