Fletchery

Started by Frustrated, August 23, 2003, 02:59:57 PM

My character is a merchant and it's not a spam crafter. It's killed enough branches to easily make a small wagon, made enough kindling to set fire to the whole forest.  Wisdom is extremely good and in the entire span of the character's life there's only been three successes in making shafts and not one successful arrow.

Does anyone else feel fletchery is way too hard?

Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

The way I understand it, if you've got a subguild that gets fletchery you will never get good enough to have a 100% success rate on making arrows. People have disagreed about whether or not it should be that way. On the other hand, if you are indeed a primary guild merchant then it seems like you ought to be able to get a (near) perfect success rate eventually. I'd say just stick with it. It might take a few years before you become a master fletcher.

Drayab, offering some advice though he doesn't like to play merchants.

As with almost all craft skills, there are tools what will help you.  I accessed a website that gave me information on fletchery and as a result realized what I could use.  Anyway I guess I can't tell you what tools to use but go to shops that sell tools and use the view command, that should help you.

I'd rather see fletchery ALWAYS result in an arrow, but depending on your success level you get a better or a worse variation of what you were trying to make.

Kinda like how a failure with certain raw materials nets you three crappier smaller versions that you can still work with.

You try to craft a straight, obsidian-headed arrow, but fail to set the arrowhead straightly.

In your inventory you'd have:

A warped, obsidian-headed arrow.

The warped one might do the same damage as a straight one but would have a negative skill modifier or something.

I haven't fletched for a while either, I know one step of fletchery was removed at least, but I really think fletchery should involve one step.  On the flip side perhaps the sell price of those one-step arrows would be really, really low.  Like 1 sid or something.