Hurricane Sandy, Frankenstorm and Ginka

Started by Tiernan, October 29, 2012, 11:02:09 PM

October 29, 2012, 11:02:09 PM Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 11:04:39 PM by Tiernan
Hey folks,

I want to note that our VPS provider is located in a datacenter in New Jersey.   I'm not sure whether or not we'll face any downtime or network service interruption as a result of Hurricane Sandy and the Frankenstorm.    While I'm sure they have plenty of precautions in place to keep the lights and servers running in their datacenter, this isn't any ordinary weather event.

To those players in Sandy's path, the staff hope you and yours are all are safe and secure.

Cheers,
Tiernan

Ginka appears to have suffered the wrath of Sandy.  We will have the game back up as soon as time allows.

If you were logged on and find there are any issues after you log back in please submit a request to ask for assistance (reimbursement or resurrection). 

"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

We are rebooting the server to clear out anyone who was link dead.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I have resurrected the two people who died overnight to dehydration.  I can't find anyone who died due to other means.  If you died last night during the downtime, please submit a resurrection request.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Frankenstorm Sandy's effects managed to knock out power to our VPS provider last night.  The game service has been restarted and ginka is back up and running.  If you still have issues connecting to the game itself, accessing the homepage, or filing a request, please see this post about our unrelated domain expiry issues (you may have to use armageddonmud.org instead).

As usual with any server issues, the web browser client (Fmud -- flash client) that we provide is once again knocked offline.  We'll post an update once that is restarted and also post another update once all of these things have been resolved.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Fmud (web client) is back online.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Our host lost power again, still due to issues from Sandy.  Things are back up and running now, sorry for the outage.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff