Peace out

Started by drunkendwarf, October 01, 2012, 04:24:44 PM

Hardly any of you know me, but I've been there. Lurking in the background for nearly 20 years now. First character created in 1993 or 1994, and I've played no other mud since. I can lurk no longer due to fundamental disagreements with staff, of which I will not go into detail so I do not wind up being banned and this thread locked/deleted. Goodbye to the scant few of you that actually know me.

October 01, 2012, 04:29:32 PM #1 Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:31:09 PM by Orin
Played with you a couple times over the years.  It was fun! Good luck out there!
You notice: A war beetle squeezes out an Orin-sized ball of dung.

I played with you for awhile.  It was fun, man.  Best wishes to you and your family.

~J

your lurking will be missed!
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

Gah, what??!! I wish I had gotten to play with you again in recent years man. Good luck and we'll see you when you come back.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

October 01, 2012, 07:06:49 PM #5 Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:30:05 PM by KankWhisperer
Good luck. Will be missed. All the BloodRiders hold a special place in my memories.

Quote from: jhunter on October 01, 2012, 06:19:24 PM
Gah, what??!! I wish I had gotten to play with you again in recent years man. Good luck and we'll see you when you come back.

I believe it quite safe to say that, at this point, I will not be returning. Had fun with you. Some epic scenes, MANY years ago.

Quote from: drunkendwarf on October 01, 2012, 07:12:50 PMI believe it quite safe to say that, at this point, I will not be returning. Had fun with you. Some epic scenes, MANY years ago.
I imagine I've probably played with you at some point. I'm sorry to see you go but I can understand how someone whose been here from the start have found themselves grow apart from the game as it has grown and changed over the years.

Bye. Sad to see you go. Good luck in your future.  :)
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

All good things come to an end. Later, man.

Quote from: KankWhisperer on October 01, 2012, 07:06:49 PM
Good luck. Will be missed. All the BloodRiders hold a special place in my memories.

Well THAT'S a blast from the past...good times, there. Why do I not know which character you were?

I remember the Bloodriders fondly. I'm playing Armageddon because Durg found my first character wandering lost and confused in Tuluk.

Quote from: Delirium on October 01, 2012, 11:42:43 PM
I remember the Bloodriders fondly. I'm playing Armageddon because Durg found my first character wandering lost and confused in Tuluk.

Being part of the group was a lot of fun. I inherited the wagon for a very brief period after that whole nonsense. But then, I died standing one room outside the gates and shooting at a half-giant that had tried to raid me. Soldiers ran in and obliterated me in seconds. Aaah, pre nosave arrest days.  :'(

Quote from: drunkendwarf on October 01, 2012, 11:45:38 PM
Quote from: Delirium on October 01, 2012, 11:42:43 PM

Being part of the group was a lot of fun. I inherited the wagon for a very brief period after that whole nonsense. But then, I died standing one room outside the gates and shooting at a half-giant that had tried to raid me. Soldiers ran in and obliterated me in seconds. Aaah, pre nosave arrest days.  :'(

That wagon was a tragedy magnet.

Still, all of that stuff with the Bloodriders was sure a damned fun ride. Lost mine during a jailbreak from Luir's with one of the others.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: jhunter on October 02, 2012, 12:08:51 AM
Still, all of that stuff with the Bloodriders was sure a damned fun ride. Lost mine during a jailbreak from Luir's with one of the others.

Agreed. Great times.

Always sad to see a long time player go  :-[ I hope things go well for you and hopefully you will come back some day. 
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

October 02, 2012, 02:48:52 PM #17 Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:53:06 PM by Elzocone
Good luck and God speed!

Not been playing that long at all, but.. Really don't like all these threads about players leaving the past few months or so  :-\

Hope you stay well, man
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on October 02, 2012, 04:23:01 PM
Not been playing that long at all, but.. Really don't like all these threads about players leaving the past few months or so  :-\

Hope you stay well, man

A sense of entitlement can be an ugly thing some times.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."

-John F. Kennedy

Quote from: Maker on October 02, 2012, 04:26:20 PM

Hope you stay well, man

whut
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Hope you stay well, man
I have been playing that long.  (Though not as long as drunkendwarf)

Don't worry.  These threads pop up all the time.

People who post goodbye threads are far more likely to return than those who don't, regardless of any protests otherwise.  It's because they care.

Anyway, good luck DD.

Eh?

Quote from: Marauder Moe on October 02, 2012, 04:33:35 PM
I have been playing that long.  (Though not as long as drunkendwarf)

Don't worry.  These threads pop up all the time.

People who post goodbye threads are far more likely to return than those who don't, regardless of any protests otherwise.  It's because they care.

Anyway, good luck DD.

I posted a goodbye thread because I can't just silently walk away from a game I've been playing for nearly 20 years. While I haven't played a lot of high profile characters, there are some people on here I've been playing with for a decade or more. Was good to hear from some of them before walking out the door.
And of course I care about this mud. I just strongly disagree with the direction it's been moved under current staff. I just can't do it anymore.

I gives you mah boots if you stay?!? Oh and a soul?!?!
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

Hope you stay well, man

Well that was snarky and unnecessary
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"