Can replies by non-admin types be disabled in this forum?

Started by Anonymous, August 19, 2003, 12:09:40 PM

Is it possible to make it so non-staff can't reply to posts in this forum (Ask the staff?)

Reason I ask is because I find myself starting to reply on occasion without noticing which forum the post is in.

Thanks.

The only way I know to do that is to "lock" it, although at present that's how I currently know when a staff member has responded and feels the topic at least adequately answered/discussed.  Brixius is probably the only one who can answer that with any sort of authority or finality I guess.

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]

Quote from: "Cuusardo"Ach! Sorry... forgot which forum I was reading when I posted that.

This is taken from a different post in this forum, the one which made me first post this because I started to reply to it.

THE URGE TO REPLY, IT GRIPS ME!

I'll be looking at making changes to this forum this weekend. It isn't an option currently supported by PHPBB, but I'm sure I can hack something in and I might even see about putting something more elegant in and releasing it as a mod eventually.

Thanks,
Brix.

Cool beans, Brixius.  The effort is appreciated and warranted, considering how staff doesn't want us muddying the waters with replies in the forum, but sometimes those topics are just so juicy.

Thanks a lot.

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum                        
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

It looks like it should be possible to turn off "reply to topics in this forum" indepentently of "post new topics" otherwise it wouldn't make sense for both to be listed.  That doesn't mean that it is possible, just that it should be.  ;)

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I don't know about you guys...but...

Sometimes, if I -know- the answer to the question, posted in -this- thread....  I itch to let it out.  

I don't really...you know...  enjoy being censored.

Maybe you could allow 'helpers' to reply, too.   *Shrug*
But then, everybody will want to become a helper, just to post in the 'staff' forumn.

toodles!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one