.?

Started by a ginger afro, August 07, 2012, 04:29:53 PM

I've seen it alluded to several times on the GDB and still have no concrete idea of what it allows you to do with keywords.
what does . do when entering commands.
from what I can gather it doesn't have only one application either.

Thanks all  ;D
Quote from: evilcabbage on September 20, 2012, 02:34:00 AM
I slam my face on my keyboard and watch for words to come out, then I write around those.

You use it between keywords. So if you are trying to contact the tall, red man rather than the tall, red woman you can "contact tall.red.man"

Or if you want to get all of your blue stones out your bag, but not ALL your stones, or everything blue...you can type get all.blue.stone bag..
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Essentially, it allows you to string multiple keywords together.

>get blue.stone bag
>nod tall.ginger.man
>kill black.gortok

Ahh, sweet, cheers all.

emote nods back.
Quote from: evilcabbage on September 20, 2012, 02:34:00 AM
I slam my face on my keyboard and watch for words to come out, then I write around those.

It can be used with with the keyword command.

keyword . container > returns with every item in the container, even revealing the exact number of multiple items.  Very useful when one can't use the count command because the container may be worn or equipped.

When used alone "keyword ." it shows all the items in the room with keywords that you are able to interact with.

Quote from: Schrodingers Cat on August 07, 2012, 04:46:09 PM
It can be used with with the keyword command.

keyword . container > returns with every item in the container, even revealing the exact number of multiple items.  Very useful when one can't use the count command because the container may be worn or equipped.

When used alone "keyword ." it shows all the items in the room with keywords that you are able to interact with.

I never knew about that. It's AWESOME.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

"key ." will reveal every item in a room that is able to be interacted with.

Quote from: MeTekillot on August 07, 2012, 11:25:45 PM
"key ." will reveal every item in a room that is able to be interacted with.

You can find buildings as well in rooms that may not be readily apparent.  Sometimes they are not shown as an item in the room when you type look.
You notice: A war beetle squeezes out an Orin-sized ball of dung.

Keyword . can also be used to navigate on a stormy nights or to get keywords for initiating combat. I bugged this as an exploit a long while back, and I was told it was working as intended.

Neat Little Things << this list is looking pretty long now, but it's worth keeping an eye on and checking every now and again, I haven't even tried everything on the list yet, let alone remember half of it.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."