Looking for a new start!

Started by deviant storm, July 28, 2012, 04:34:39 PM

So, yeah, I'm back. And things have changed a bit, it seems, as far as starting up new characters. Bit intimidating, since I don't know what all I can do with that, and I hate doing requests to staff.

All that aside, I don't know what people are up to in game (obviously). What I mean by that is that when you've been playing a bit you know what is being overdone, what could be fun to try at the current time. You all get the idea.

I need something that will engage me. So, other players! Some of you know me and my style. Whether you do or don't, got some good ideas? I welcome suggestions on this thread or in PM. That is, if this thread is in the right place. Staff, my apologies if not.

Thanks!
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

:o

Welcome back!!!!

You rock and I heart you!
* ShaLeah resists the urge to BEG you to come play with her.
* ShaLeah starts plotting.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: deviant storm on July 28, 2012, 04:34:39 PM
That is, if this thread is in the right place. Staff, my apologies if not.

Thanks!

Nah, this is definitely the right place. Hope you find a role you enjoy!
QuoteCalavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Welcome back!  Start in Tuluk, there is fun in that area.  And I miss your old avatar.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I loved that one you played in the place with the clan. Good times!
Welcome back!!!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Barsook on July 28, 2012, 10:17:47 PM
Welcome back!  Start in Tuluk, there is fun in that area.  And I miss your old avatar.

You like The Panda? I do too. I was just in the mood for a cup of tea today.

Thanks everyone! I've got a few ideas, but wouldn't mind hearing more character concepts from you people.
Choose thy fate:

Quote from: deviant storm on July 28, 2012, 10:35:54 PM

Thanks everyone! I've got a few ideas, but wouldn't mind hearing more character concepts from you people.

You can't haz my concepts *shiftyeye* concepts stealer.

But no really, welcome back and good luck thinking up a good concept.  Usually when I'm at a loss, I just toss a human of a mundane guild into the mix somewhere and go with it.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: deviant storm on July 28, 2012, 10:35:54 PM

Play an unpleasant Tuluki commoner. I dare you.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Bet you an Allanaki bard is a worse idea.

Try playing a personality that, in the real world, would be considered mundane and normal.

1. cooks his meat, if he eats it, and has preferences to which types of meat he likes and which he doesn't.
2. has a favorite color but isn't freakish enough to wear it head to toe.
3. actually does change clothes once in awhile, and doesn't clean them at the bar.
4. doesn't feel any burning need to engage in bar brawls, and conversely doesn't hold his pinky up when he sips his tea.
5. is either homosexual or heterosexual, but doesn't feel any burning need to discuss sexuality or engage in grope-fests in public
6. do't spe' wi' a'accen' nor does this individual have any particular propensity for high vernacular.

and for the zalanthan spin:

If the character has a mate, he wouldn't automatically be jealous if that mate had another lover, because having more than one lover is common, and therefore not a big deal, in Zalanthas. The notion of "to you only til death we do part" is considered odd, and is certainly not expressed publically unless the person is actively seeking strange looks and people moving away from them at the bar.

In short, try a character who isn't trying to stand out, but isn't hoping to be ignored either. Someone who isn't trying to do anything, other than survive and have a content life.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Patuk on July 29, 2012, 04:07:45 AM
Play an unpleasant Tuluki commoner. I dare you.

Fredd-

Welcome Back!

I'm sure whatever you play will be awesome.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Crippled beggars are cool.

Quote from: Lizzie on July 29, 2012, 08:22:06 AM

>:(
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: Lizzie on July 29, 2012, 08:22:06 AM

>The pink-clad, muscular man is standing here.

>look pink

>This man is tall and muscular. He is dressed head to toe in vibrant, in-your-face pink.

>The pink-clad, muscular man says in sirihish, "My favorite color is black."
I ruin immershunz.

How about someone who gets it into their head that (one random well-protected valuable-to-someone, but not untouchable person) has to die? Poison arrows every two or three RL days. Poison in their food? How did it get there? The door to their home, apartment or estate is unlocked and wide open every other time they see it. How the fuck is this happening?! Didn't I post an extra guard? But s/he ends up being found dead in the storage closet or simply disappears and is never heard from again. And now the guard's (unique random possession) is found blood-covered on the other side of the Known. Finally, you've hunted the crazy person down--- whoops, s/he was framed by the crazy. You just killed an innocent person, who was protected by a group with whom you are now going to have quite a bit of trouble explaining yourself to. In your desperation you killed this person to save yourself despite knowing the consequences--- but the poisoned food and mysteriously randomly moved shit in your house didn't stop or even slacken.

I know this has probably been done before, but... how many of those people live long enough to achieve a real, unshakeable, undeniable paranoia in a well-protected victim who is no longer sure what "protection" they really have?

I'd _love_ to see Sander Cohen played out in Zalanthas... crazy artist murderer type who finds nothing wrong with displaying his victims as works of art.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Start your own version of the Best Little Whorehouse in Tuluk.  ;D
Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence in society.
~Mark Twain

Quote from: Cind on August 01, 2012, 01:48:33 PM
How about someone who gets it into their head that (one random well-protected valuable-to-someone, but not untouchable person) has to die? Poison arrows every two or three RL days. Poison in their food? How did it get there? The door to their home, apartment or estate is unlocked and wide open every other time they see it. How the fuck is this happening?! Didn't I post an extra guard? But s/he ends up being found dead in the storage closet or simply disappears and is never heard from again. And now the guard's (unique random possession) is found blood-covered on the other side of the Known. Finally, you've hunted the crazy person down--- whoops, s/he was framed by the crazy. You just killed an innocent person, who was protected by a group with whom you are now going to have quite a bit of trouble explaining yourself to. In your desperation you killed this person to save yourself despite knowing the consequences--- but the poisoned food and mysteriously randomly moved shit in your house didn't stop or even slacken.

I know this has probably been done before, but... how many of those people live long enough to achieve a real, unshakeable, undeniable paranoia in a well-protected victim who is no longer sure what "protection" they really have?

I'd _love_ to see Sander Cohen played out in Zalanthas... crazy artist murderer type who finds nothing wrong with displaying his victims as works of art.

This has inspired me to make some sort of Zalanthan anarchist. Amos Durden, here I come.

Want my suggestion? Try an ordinary Zalanthan who struggles, extremely poor, who only afford enough water and food to get by. Zalanthas hardcore mode ftw.

Quote from: Rhyden on August 01, 2012, 05:13:54 PM
Want my suggestion? Try an ordinary Zalanthan who struggles, extremely poor, who only afford enough water and food to get by. Zalanthas hardcore mode ftw.

It's hard to stay that poor.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on August 01, 2012, 05:15:44 PM

Unless you pick a trade that relies on other PCs, like juggler or something, and stick to that as much as you can. Make sure you junk your starting cash

Pick up a nice spice addiction.

Quote from: drunkendwarf on August 01, 2012, 05:31:22 PM

Pick up a nice spice addiction while playing in Allanak.

Yes.

Quote from: drunkendwarf on August 01, 2012, 05:31:22 PM

Pick up a nice spice addiction.

Or pick up a nasty gambling habit.

Maso, you should give this role a shot :)

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,44037.0.html
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Lol.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I don't get it? :(

Maybe I should read it again, hmm!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

No, I misread.
Fredd-

Welcome back, girly.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on August 02, 2012, 01:23:58 PM
Welcome back, girly.

Thanks. Now that I have your notice, I expect to be backstabbed any time now. :D Good to see so many familiar faces.
Choose thy fate: