How many GDB accounts do you have?

Started by Schrodingers Cat, July 16, 2012, 03:45:27 AM

How many GDB accounts do you have? (if you are on staff, don't count your staff GDB account)

6+
Uno, muchachos.

I'm not really gonna worry if people in my clan forums don't like me or not, nor do I care if it makes their play different when they find out who I am. They'll get over it, I'm sure! If not, wah.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I have quite a few. Dependent on the role. I usually post on alt accounts so that things can remain professional and no sand in the VJJ carries over to future experiences.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Right. But I make new ones with each role like that.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I only have this account.

Quote from: Is Friday on July 18, 2012, 08:24:05 PM
I have quite a few. Dependent on the role. I usually post on alt accounts so that things can remain professional and no sand in the VJJ carries over to future experiences.

My approach to this is: Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Some folks really get their feelings hurt if I crush their egos IG, though, so... I feel it's necessary.  :-\

Quote from: musashi on July 18, 2012, 09:49:50 PM
My approach to this is: Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

There's some things people take personally. Like backstabbing, literal or political. Betrayal of trust seems to seep OOC. And people seem to take relationship stuff personally too. I wouldn't really call them bad roleplayers, that would be like calling a 13 year old immature. It's something that people have to learn to get used to.

Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

I'm with boog.

I have two accounts. I recently created the second to dabble in the "clan gdb account" shit, and the novelty wore off the instant I started using it. I stopped.

If people don't like me and use that information against my characters.. that's their problem. All my dudes are gonna die to something dumb anyway, so I'm not too worried about it.

Quote from: Barsook on July 16, 2012, 05:49:52 AM
Going to have two because I might have an alt because of my PC's growing power.  but one right now.
One, because I trust me fellow players not to allow OOC knowledge to influence IC actions (it may be misplaced trust for some people. But I believe people only get better if you give them the opportunity).

Besides which I'm never in a clan for a particularly long time ;)

Quote from: marko on July 16, 2012, 05:58:08 PM
Quote from: Malken on July 16, 2012, 03:34:44 PM
Quote from: Eurynomos on July 16, 2012, 03:18:46 PM
The funny thing is when people make multiple accounts to agree with themselves on GDB posts.

I agree with this amazing poster.
I think Eurynomos makes an excellent point and agree fully.

So does Malken.

They both make incredible points and you should all agree with everything that they write.  Always.

I always find myself hard pressed to disagree with Marko. Here is no exception.

Quote from: Recharge on July 16, 2012, 08:05:11 PM
1 I guess, since I cant remember the password for my original.
What was the username? I recognise that avatar.

Quote from: Bacon on July 17, 2012, 01:24:06 PM
I didn't used to but then I once pissed someone off with a character and started getting that GDB account I was using trolled all the time. Changing accounts and using different ones with different characters in different clans has cut down on the trolling on the GDB. Suddenly people who gave me no props for my characters because they didn't like me out of character, started submitting kudos for my characters, etc, not knowing I'm the same person. No matter what some people say, there are many players on here that hold out of character grudges against other players.
I resent that you feel you can't trust me Bacon and I'm going to hold it against your characters. Now not knowing WHICH character is yours makes things difficult. So I'll treat all characters with equal contempt.

Quote from: Nyr on July 17, 2012, 03:37:36 PMIf you do happen to create a GDB account for whatever reason, that's okay, provided you haven't been sanctioned for whatever reason by staff.
I often feel there should be a way to list your GDB accounts in your in game account. I use to include it at the bottom of my character reports, but forgetfulness means I've forgotten more times then not.

I have two and I swap usage here and there, normally on sponsored roles or roles that I plan on getting down right crazy in.

I could survive with one, but meh....two accounts are better than one, right?
"I stalk the shadows, I am the one who wears that friendly face. Behind your every move, there is nothing you can do. Pride yourself in the fact that you do not already rot and bake. Be prepared, I am always watching." - Allanaki Assassin

I have two. The first I used to post ideas/opinions that I consider undeveloped, or otherwise inconsistent with what I believe/post now.

This account was originally created for hiding my identity when joining clan boards, but now, assuming I look so much 'cooler' using it, I don't post as anyone else.  ::)

Just this one for now. I haven't noticed any IC bias towards my character for about anything thus far, so I see no reason to make a new one.
Once my current character dies (if ever) however, I shall probably make a new one. Just to see if there is in fact any bias that I may have overlooked. Such as suddenly getting kudos or people sincerely agreeing with my opinions or views.

Especially since my next character is going to be a radical shift from what I'm used to playing. I don't know. It's just going to be an experiment.