How many GDB accounts do you have?

Started by Schrodingers Cat, July 16, 2012, 03:45:27 AM

How many GDB accounts do you have? (if you are on staff, don't count your staff GDB account)

6+
After reading some related posts, I was just wondering.  Please answer honestly and only vote on one account.  Thanks.

I thought we were only allowed to have one for a couple of weeks.

Two. It used to be one for GDBing, and one for Clanning. Then it slowly turned into just keeping this one, and I use the other rarely if at all. Not that anyone remembers it.

Just one..Why would you need more than one?  To hide your identity like you are superman?
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Three. One that I haven't used in forever (well over a year probably), and one for a particular clan leader that I figured would be posting a good many RPT announcements.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Going to have two because I might have an alt because of my PC's growing power.  but one right now.

EDIT: Once was two for real, but Mechafish was already a dead account for me at that time that I have came back.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

July 16, 2012, 07:55:55 AM #7 Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 07:58:35 AM by audrey
Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on July 16, 2012, 04:26:02 AM
Just one..Why would you need more than one?  To hide your identity like you are superman?

There's a bias to IC treatment when people know who's playing what character :)

People eventually figure it out, but if they know you (character/player) that well, it doesn't matter by then. And I prefer to do OOC discussions with another alt from my character. Like if I played a pickpocket pretending to be a warrior in the militia, making a lot of threads about pickpocketing would be a spoiler to those who know which characters I'm playing.

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on July 16, 2012, 04:26:02 AM

Yes.  I used to not care, but one time a bunch of stuff got ruined due to OOC chatter, so now sometimes I want to hide my identity like Superman.

But really it's because sometimes I'm in a sponsored role and I don't want to make it super obvious who I'm playing, but I have to post a clan event announcement.  If I do that with my usual handle, it becomes immediately obvious that I'm one of two or three people.  I don't like that.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I've got one. I'm okay with it, too. If people are going to be silly OOCly, then they're not very good RPers in the first place.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on July 16, 2012, 10:20:08 AM
I've got one. I'm okay with it, too. If people are going to be silly OOCly, then they're not very good RPers in the first place.

You can only wish this were true, but it's not. Thus the reson I eventually got two.

July 16, 2012, 11:09:28 AM #11 Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:13:33 AM by X-D
They do not have to be..Silly...sometimes, knowing who plays what, especially when clanned influences people...or could.

I myself prefer to not even give it a chance to influence them, so, at any given time I have 2 accounts, one that you all know and another for clan boards. the secondary accounts, when I have used them for 2-3 PCs in clans, I abandon and start another. And it has nothing to do with if somebody is a "good rper" And everything to do with everybody being human. I do not care either if you know who I play, at least for myself, the more enemies the better, helps my boot collection. But I do not believe it should affect a clan.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

2.  I tried having an alt for clanning, but gave that up pretty quick.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: X-D on July 16, 2012, 11:09:28 AM
They do not have to be..Silly...sometimes, knowing who plays what, especially when clanned influences people...or could.

I myself prefer to not even give it a chance to influence them, so, at any given time I have 2 accounts, one that you all know and another for clan boards. the secondary accounts, when I have used them for 2-3 PCs in clans, I abandon and start another. And it jas nothing to do with if somebody is a "good rper" And everything to do with everybody being human.

What he said.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I think I have two more? Clan alts...but I forgot the passwords.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Just one.

I don't particularly care who knows who I am/play.  I don't even really care if they treat me differently for it either.  I don't have any OOC enemies on the GDB... or at least I don't think I have any.  (If I do, please PM me and let me know.   :P )

Two, not counting the ones I retroactively retired before posting this.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

For anyone in clan boards an extra account for the IC info is highly, highly recommended. Of course many dont care but the security of it is very nice.

However, I am currently lazy about it. I dont care if people find out who I pkay and share it. I never give that info away either. People with personal ooc vendettas against players are..... Well, you know.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

The funny thing is when people make multiple accounts to agree with themselves on GDB posts.

We can track your IP, silly.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

The funny part about that is...most of us figure it out before staff :) And call them on it.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: Eurynomos on July 16, 2012, 03:18:46 PM
The funny thing is when people make multiple accounts to agree with themselves on GDB posts.

I agree with this amazing poster.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on July 16, 2012, 03:34:44 PM

So you are Eurynomos' alt, huh? Noted.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: X-D on July 16, 2012, 03:29:52 PM
The funny part about that is...most of us figure it out before staff :) And call them on it.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I think Eurynomos makes an excellent point and agree fully.

So does Malken.

They both make incredible points and you should all agree with everything that they write.  Always.

Quote from: marko on July 16, 2012, 05:58:08 PM

I think Eurynomos makes an excellent point and agree fully.

So does Malken.

They both make incredible points and you should all agree with everything that they write.  Always.

Unless you think we're all the same person in which case you should disagree with me sometimes. I mean them.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.