Yet another ext-subguild clarification

Started by Jestor, May 21, 2012, 01:21:53 PM

A couple quick questions regarding the trial of extended sub-guilds;

When a player has created a character (choosing a Guild/Subguild) and then does one of their special applications to add an extended subguild, does it replace the initial subguild or add to it?

Example:  Player sends in an application for a Human/Merchant/Linguist.  He then sends in a special application to have the movement magick extended subguild.  Would the character no longer be able to speak Allundean after the extended subguild is applied to his character but now could cast some movement magick?

Also, the wording in the GDB entries for this trial some say 'a skill bump' and others say 'skill bumps'.  Can we bump multiple skills, up to the max of three CGP points worth (within the bounds of the other sneaky and weapon limitations)?

Lastly, I am trying to get my head around the limitations to spending the Character Generation Points.  If I am looking at this right the maximum one would ever be able to 'spend' in this trial is 5 points on combat magick or 3 point on skill bumps.  Is that correct or is there something I have missed in these threads.

Thanks.
Nothing to see here

Quote from: Jestor on May 21, 2012, 01:21:53 PM
A couple quick questions regarding the trial of extended sub-guilds;

When a player has created a character (choosing a Guild/Subguild) and then does one of their special applications to add an extended subguild, does it replace the initial subguild or add to it?

Example:  Player sends in an application for a Human/Merchant/Linguist.  He then sends in a special application to have the movement magick extended subguild.  Would the character no longer be able to speak Allundean after the extended subguild is applied to his character but now could cast some movement magick?

It replaces the initial subguild.  Also, the magick ones are not open.

Also, the wording in the GDB entries for this trial some say 'a skill bump' and others say 'skill bumps'.  Can we bump multiple skills, up to the max of three CGP points worth (within the bounds of the other sneaky and weapon limitations)?

Yes, you can bump multiple skills within the limitations provided; you're just nitpicking the wording a bit.

Lastly, I am trying to get my head around the limitations to spending the Character Generation Points.  If I am looking at this right the maximum one would ever be able to 'spend' in this trial is 5 points on combat magick or 3 point on skill bumps.  Is that correct or is there something I have missed in these threads.

The magick subguilds are not open for play.  The only subguilds available for play are the ones listed here.  There is no spending of character generation points as this is a trial period.  Please read this thread.

We discussed karma changes here, where the system has been revamped to have explicit criteria for staff and general criteria for players.
Extended subguilds and skill bumps were listed as future planned implementations for the karma system changes.
We are now in a trial phase of these two systems such that they may be applied for via the request tool by using special applications.  Since the CGP system (complete with regeneration/etc) is not in place yet, this is all a trial run to review things.  As a happy side effect of our policy on special applications combined with our trial run, "3" is the magick number all across the board!

Extended subguilds are available for new PCs.  Extended subguilds will only be allowed via special application.  Only certain extended subguilds are allowed; these are listed here.  (The ones allowed are all 3 CGP or lower.)
Skill bumps are available for new PCs.  Skill bumps will only be allowed via special application.  Some skills are subject to limitations; these are listed here and here.  (3 bumps allowable.)
Special applications can be used in the traditional sense (applying for something no more than 3 karma points outside of your current karma level).  (A range of 3 karma allowable.)

You may not do a combination of the above.  You may only apply for an extended subguild OR skill bumps OR a special application race/main guild.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.