Author Topic: Wakarusa / All Good Music Festival / Phish Summer Tour  (Read 1412 times)

Kronibas

Wakarusa / All Good Music Festival / Phish Summer Tour
« on: May 02, 2012, 03:45:05 PM »
Well, my girlfriend and I are getting ready to go see a lot of great music this summer, and I was wondering if any Armers are going to the festivals in the title or know of other festivals that would be worthwhile.

I only have one date for Phish's summer tour, and that's in Atlantic City.  I've never been that far into the northeast before, so if anyone has any tips about places to go check out while I'm in that part of the country, I'm all ears!  8)

ShaLeah

Re: Wakarusa / All Good Music Festival / Phish Summer Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »
This is an awesome event where my father lives, you go there we'll definitely meet up for a 36 ouncer of delicious Yumyumyuengling.

It's kinda like Tuluk, with Kurac running it.

Musikfest
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Kismetic

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 01:51:03 PM »
I only have one date for Phish's summer tour, and that's in Atlantic City.  I've never been that far into the northeast before, so if anyone has any tips about places to go check out while I'm in that part of the country, I'm all ears!  8)

I guess if you're serious, I could ask my buddy, he only misses three or four Phish tour dates in any given year, and he knows the venues/cities.

P.S.  Been to Atlantic City, and Caesar's Palace ...  the city is a dump, but the boardwalk is okay.  Not sure how Phish transforms this town, though, I can ask, of course.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 01:52:35 PM by Kismetic »
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer

Kronibas

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 06:13:23 PM »
I only have one date for Phish's summer tour, and that's in Atlantic City.  I've never been that far into the northeast before, so if anyone has any tips about places to go check out while I'm in that part of the country, I'm all ears!  8)

I guess if you're serious, I could ask my buddy, he only misses three or four Phish tour dates in any given year, and he knows the venues/cities.

P.S.  Been to Atlantic City, and Caesar's Palace ...  the city is a dump, but the boardwalk is okay.  Not sure how Phish transforms this town, though, I can ask, of course.

My problem with Atlantic City is this:

I bought tickets for my girlfriend and I last Friday.  Monday, my friend calls and says the hotel we were going to stay out, the Showboat, emailed him saying that each room will be issued four wristbands, and no-one will be allowed in the lodging area who does not have a wristband.  So, that shuts out my girlfriend and I because he had promised other people a bed beforehand.  He reserved his room when they were only 200 bucks a night, but now they're DOUBLE.

If anyone has ever spent much time in Atlantic City, it would be awesome to know any affordable lodging/camping near Bader Field.

Kismetic

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 11:15:21 PM »
I stayed at the Palace, so I'm not sure on that lodging thing.  I'm visiting that particular friend tomorrow to pick up something, I'll ask him if he's familiar with it.
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer