Hunger/Thirst

Started by Twilight, August 11, 2003, 06:53:54 AM

In score, it only shows you when you are hungry or thirsty.  Obviously, this can be inconvenient at times, when you want to know how thirsty you are when you set out on a trip, for instance.  Nothing like getting that thirsty message ten rooms out from the gate on a hunting trip.

We have a line in score dedicated to hunger and thirst already, I am just suggesting that it be a bit more descriptive when you are full.  Instead of:

You are neither hungry nor thirsty.

I am suggesting there are more levels of fill messages...the ones for being hungry/famished thirsty/parched and three for being full.  For example, something like:

Hunger:
absolutely stuffed
pretty full
not hungry
getting hungry
hungry
famished

Thirst:
you couldn't drink a drop more
your thirst is well sated
not thirsty
getting thirsty
thirsty
parched

So you could be:

You are absolutely stuffed and your thirst is well sated.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Good idea Twilight (there are also messages such as Dehydrated and Starving but I think we get the idea ;)).

I also think having echo messages as your hunger/thirst decreases would be a good idea as well. Such as:
you're not as hungry
you're no longer hungry
you're feeling full
you're feeling stuffed

I know I often say "I'm really hungry" and then take one bite become full  :roll:

If I'm going out I usually make sure I'm stuffed.  Especially if it's going to be a long journey or for an unknown period of time.  Drink til you're no longer thirsty and eat til you're full before leaving is my motto.
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?

Quote from: "Gar"Drink til you're no longer thirsty and eat til you're full before leaving is my motto.

Chinese Buffets around the world cringe in horror.

I like the posters idea, by the by.  It makes a lot of sense to know if you are stuffed to the gills, satiated or feeling a twinge of hunger before you decide whether or not to buy a side of tandu or a gimpka on a stick.

I agree with the code suggestion, however, I'd like to suggest that you throw in a margin of error.  For example, you could feel full, but are really just full of gas.

Hmm... I like the idea.

Don't like the idea of gassiness or something.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Just a background note--

If you're nervous, stressed out, or do something that usually causes a rush of adrenaline, chances are that your body will divert energy from your digestive system and put it into other parts. That's why people say they can't eat right after a car accident or something rough like that.

And a personal anecdote: There have been times when I haven't eaten all day and I've felt fine. Like I didn't need to eat, but there was food so I decided to try some anyway. All of a sudden I felt as though I was starving and couldn't eat enough. Sometimes you just don't realize how hungry you are until you think about it.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!