Author Topic: Game Discussion Thread  (Read 1177149 times)

7dwarves

Re: Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #12075 on: July 25, 2020, 01:27:14 PM »
Playing Far Cry Primal a bit late. Which one of you Sun Runner fans worked on Izila tribe, admit it. Fire of Krati? Come on. "visions of fire" quest makes me want to apply for a bahak.

triste

« Reply #12076 on: July 25, 2020, 03:01:17 PM »
Playing Far Cry Primal a bit late. Which one of you Sun Runner fans worked on Izila tribe, admit it. Fire of Krati? Come on. "visions of fire" quest makes me want to apply for a bahak.

LOL I 100% thought the same thing when I played that game even though I wasn't playing Arma at the time because the parallels are very close.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Barsook

« Reply #12077 on: August 17, 2020, 08:11:53 PM »
I just saw an ad for YET another Team Fortress (2 mainly) like FPS. Have they gone overboard with them?!

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #12078 on: August 23, 2020, 09:11:16 AM »
Microsoft flight sim 2020 is blowing my mind right now.

triste

« Reply #12079 on: August 23, 2020, 07:05:26 PM »
Microsoft flight sim 2020 is blowing my mind right now.

Yeah that game is nuts. Harmless [from the GDB here] has been playing it and sent me a pic of the house we grew up in... rendered perfectly in that game. It's creepy AF and made me laugh.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #12080 on: August 31, 2020, 01:41:40 PM »

Lotion

« Reply #12081 on: September 06, 2020, 06:53:43 PM »
factorio is fun
A staff member sends:
     "Hi, we don't need you to tell us EXACTLY what you are doing when you quit OOC.  We just need a vague reason.  Thanks."

WarriorPoet

« Reply #12082 on: September 07, 2020, 04:49:10 PM »
Grounded is a blast but I keep getting killed. :(
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Hauwke

« Reply #12083 on: September 07, 2020, 04:54:04 PM »
Grounded is a blast but I keep getting killed. :(

Freaking spiders man, they tear right through the piddly leaf armor.

SilkyBoi

« Reply #12084 on: September 19, 2020, 08:32:47 PM »
I saw a game that seems like Arm in a nutshell:

Among Us.

Would actually be interested in playing but doesn't seem like it would be fun with randos.

Shaydee

« Reply #12085 on: January 11, 2021, 02:36:40 PM »
Been obsessed with Conan Exiles lately. I like building, it's usually what I like to do. But since the last update my game is constantly crashing and it's kind of a buzz kill.
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #12086 on: January 19, 2021, 05:49:39 PM »
Been obsessed with Conan Exiles lately. I like building, it's usually what I like to do. But since the last update my game is constantly crashing and it's kind of a buzz kill.
I really enjoyed Conan Exiles, when I played it, a year or so ago. I appreciate the fact that the building allows you to clip into the terrain, allowing for some pretty off-the-wall (pun intended) building and otherwise fun designs that you just couldn't manage with other survival-sim genre's, like Ark. The combat was a bit clunky but manageable - Although it could've used a lot of polish.

Regarding crashes, it's possible you've got either conflicting out-dated files and/or corrupted files that are running simultaneously to your updated files, and they're basically headbutting and crashing. I would recommend a complete uninstall and ensure you scrub any remaining files - Then reinstall (If there are save files in separate folders, I would save those to an external drive).
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Shaydee

« Reply #12087 on: February 14, 2021, 01:33:07 PM »
I really enjoyed Conan Exiles, when I played it, a year or so ago. I appreciate the fact that the building allows you to clip into the terrain, allowing for some pretty off-the-wall (pun intended) building and otherwise fun designs that you just couldn't manage with other survival-sim genre's, like Ark. The combat was a bit clunky but manageable - Although it could've used a lot of polish.

Regarding crashes, it's possible you've got either conflicting out-dated files and/or corrupted files that are running simultaneously to your updated files, and they're basically headbutting and crashing. I would recommend a complete uninstall and ensure you scrub any remaining files - Then reinstall (If there are save files in separate folders, I would save those to an external drive).

I had been playing on my xbox! I actually did uninstall and reinstall, but I did some research and it turns out that last update had something corrupted about it, I haven't looked recently hopefully it is fixed! But as of today I am starting it on my PC, my dad went ahead and rented a server so I'm trying to get in there to play. Hopefully there will be no crashes!

Also I agree, the combat is a bit wonky, I really don't even play the story or do a lot. I strictly like the building aspect.. And the animals, and the thralls. Basically make little villages throughout the map XD

Shaydee

« Reply #12088 on: April 27, 2021, 12:00:16 PM »
I have a new obsession: Green Hell.

It's like, The Forest, but better.

So far I have died twice, once from an infected wound on my leg, and the second time a tribal killed me. It's been great!

FantasyWriter

• Tales of Then--Reflections of Now
« Reply #12089 on: May 05, 2021, 04:41:46 PM »

Did you play Siptah? It was a refreshing break if you ahve played the main map too long.
Greb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Shaydee

« Reply #12090 on: May 07, 2021, 09:34:34 AM »

Did you play Siptah? It was a refreshing break if you ahve played the main map too long.

No I haven't, but it looks super cool! The last time I checked the new map wasn't available on console? We have the game on my husband's steam account but not on mine so we can't really play together until I get it, then eventually we can get the new map. If only Steam would let you game share your library at the same time you are playing, then we could play together after only buying the game once. I like that on the xbox we can buy a game once and play together on our separate consoles through game sharing.

Malken

« Reply #12091 on: May 07, 2021, 11:39:46 AM »
It's coming on XBOX May 27th.

I really wish we could make a RP server and get all the Arm players on it, that's as close to 3D Armageddon as we can get in 2021 :)
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

BOXCARS

« Reply #12092 on: May 08, 2021, 11:02:53 AM »
Green Hell has an infection system?

Sold. Next survival game on the lot.
I eat that kinda thing up.-

X-D

« Reply #12093 on: May 08, 2021, 02:41:53 PM »
Honestly, I cannot say if Green hell is better then the forest...I actually think I like the forest more...maybe because how smooth it runs.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

triste

« Reply #12094 on: May 10, 2021, 11:07:29 AM »
Played a console game for the first time in years, Resident Evil Village:
- Only played up to the end of the first chapter with Lady Dimitrescu because duh, that's why I bought the game and the rest is meaningless.
- Where is the "kiss" or "smooch" button when you're fighting the swarm-of-flies Beelzebub girls, or as I like to call them, the "Beelzebabes."

This is why Armageddon is always my favorite game. You have the choice of "Fuck, Marry or Kill" instead of just kill.