Just Curious

Started by razorback, March 04, 2012, 04:07:23 PM

I've been away from the game for quite awhile now, and previous attempts to rejoin were met with quite a few curves from real life. But with all that finally settled, I'd like to give it another go, and was just curious if the game was still as addicting as it ever was.
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Find out IC.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

I feel your pain, and can reassure you that if you have the time to sink your teeth into a role... Armageddon has a lot of amazing stuff going on right now.

It definately is for me.

Joooooin usssssssss.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

One of us @_@
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

The game never stops beign awesome and addicting. It's just, to achieve that takes commitment, while being surrounded by characters you like, while having a character you're interested in. So it could be hit or miss for any given number of tries until you find your sweet spot in the game.

There is a certain slog required, and, in that slog, I sometimes wonder why I bother playing...but then I log in and something happens.  The great power of Arm isn't in the stories we intend to make, but in the ones we could never have predicted.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on March 04, 2012, 10:42:05 PM
There is a certain slog required, and, in that slog, I sometimes wonder why I bother playing...but then I log in and something happens.  The great power of Arm isn't in the stories we intend to make, but in the ones we could never have predicted.

Well put.
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

I used to have a husband and children before I came back from a 7 year hiatus.

Now he just tosses me into the shower once a week... kinda like a stablemaster.

Welcome back!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I came back from a 5 year break about 2 months ago.  Was bored so decided to roll up a PC and got hooked pretty quick.  I'd recommend a merchant house for most mundane roles.  They all seem to be going pretty strong.

Run. Run away while you still can. I returned last December after abandoning Arm earlier because It took too much of my already very busy day. It's 2:38 am now, I usually get to work by 6:30 am. Run. RUUUUUUUUN

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 04, 2012, 10:21:56 PM
It's just, to achieve that takes commitment, while being surrounded by characters you like, while having a character you're interested in.

True story!

Armageddon's better now than it was a year or two ago, in my opinion. If it keeps improving at this rate, it'll return to or surpass its 2006 level of quality by summertime.

So in short: It's great. It's crack. It gets you really high.

Not seeing anywhere near 2006 greatness yet. I think without staff-led plots...things can't really get that epic...
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

It's not exactly staff-led that adds that extra umph, it's more - staff-guided and staff-involved. It's hard to come up with a "there's this really evil guy who is so evil he threatens the entire Known, and parts of the Unknown" if there aren't any PCs capable of becoming that evil. Anyone with karma can be an evil rukkian but like..the whole psi-sorc-lich-vampire-undead-ghost-spectral_creature freakazoid kind of thing - requires some serious staff oversight, if not an actual staff avatar with producer blessing.

Would be amazing to see that kind of epic danger again, instead of mob-spider-boss #78, or random_pc_nilazi #192.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

This isn't really the right thread for that discussion (which has been hashed and rehashed and is in danger of becoming a very dead horse). You may discuss it elsewhere if you like.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

You'd think that if an issue comes up time and time again...it might be worth reassessing. Since this is a game and all, I imagine player enjoyment and opinion should rank pretty high. Just a thought.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Talia on March 05, 2012, 06:18:46 PMYou may discuss it elsewhere if you like.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Thanks to all for reminding why I was addicted to crackageddon in the first place. :) I hope to see/rob/murder/be killed by the lot of you very soon.
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Yeah. The game is in a really good place right now from my perspective. I'm having way more fun than I should be.

Quote from: Yam on March 07, 2012, 04:49:27 AM
Yeah. The game is in a really good place right now from my perspective. I'm having way more fun than I should be.

Quote from: BleakOne on March 07, 2012, 05:35:24 AM
Quote from: Yam on March 07, 2012, 04:49:27 AM

I miss you BleakOne.  :'(

In other news, holy shit I am having too much fun.