Changes to hide?

Started by Kol, January 05, 2012, 02:06:41 PM

While I actually enjoy the change of the topic from 'give hide to everyone' to hide/invis/scan issues. I think the entire thread is kind of ... weirdly pointless :D

Elf Rutger Hauer agrees this thread is pointless..

And in his wisdom says that hide, scan and invis are perfectly OK as they are.
Czar of City Elves.

Of course he would, he's a dirty elf.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Quote from: Wolfsong on January 06, 2012, 06:47:48 PM
Of course he would, he's a dirty elf.
A Dutch dirty elf.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Dakota on January 06, 2012, 06:47:22 PMAnd in his wisdom says that hide, scan and invis are perfectly OK as they are.

Relative to Master Hide, I still feel that Master Scan is a little weak. Someone with city hide should not be nigh impossible to spot for someone with master wilderness scan, in the wilderness, but I can think of a -very- recent incident where that was the case. It may have been because of a few factors that aid hide, but I can't think of any equivalent factors that aid scan.

That's not to say scan in general is weak, it's -really- fantastic. Just that Hide, which it is meant to work against, is so strong at higher levels that it pales in comparison.

Quote from: Celest on January 06, 2012, 08:30:37 PMbut I can't think of any equivalent factors that aid scan

kuraci night-vision goggles

Quote from: jstorrie on January 06, 2012, 09:04:06 PM
Quote from: Celest on January 06, 2012, 08:30:37 PMbut I can't think of any equivalent factors that aid scan

kuraci night-vision goggles
Made from Mantis eyes.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

That's always been the gripe with hide and scan. There are just way more hide boosting equipment pieces in the game than there are scan boosting ones. So max scan vs max hide + lots of hide boosting gear = invisible sneaky.

*shrug*

Staff has known of the complaint for awhile. It's likely that they can see more information than we can, and believe it to be balanced already. Or they would have changed something by now.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.