Taking a Break Because.....

Started by tortall, November 06, 2011, 07:46:05 AM

November 06, 2011, 07:46:05 AM Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:32:23 AM by tortall
I haven't been active on the forums in forever, though I've still been around in game.

Recently, that's changed. More recently, I got engaged.

We're doing a Muppet's Mardi Gras themed wedding, with me as Miss Piggy and him as Kermit.

Of course any of you can come if you wish, though currently the date is set for 12/23/12(with the bachelor/ette party set on 12/21/12, the end of the world) so I know almost all of you will be with family.... Playing Arm. ;-)

Here's the two of us the night he proposed:

We were at a Halloween party, and it was totally unplanned for both of us. I still don't have my ring, but it's being shipped.

Here's a picture of it though:

But long story short.... My playing time is no where near where it was (Ah, those 14 hour days....), so I decided to take a break and focus on my real, and wonderful, life.

Hope to still see you people at DragonCon or any other APMs that might happen!!
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Grats!
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Congrats!  :D
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Congrats and good luck!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Piss Piggy?

Don't google, don't google, don't google...goddamnit.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Grats! However, I'm curious. With the wedding and parties scheduled for a over a year from now, why take a break right now?
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Make him play Arm too! Hah! Congrats, girl.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: Synthesis on November 06, 2011, 02:49:12 PM
Piss Piggy?

You fuck. You made me do it  >:(
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on November 07, 2011, 05:44:18 AM
Piss Piggy?

The man in the bucket was amusing though.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

If my wife introduced me as a giant muppet, we'd have words. Angry words.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Piss Piggy?

me too damn it
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: Ghost on November 08, 2011, 01:19:27 PM
Piss Piggy?

me too damn it

I took the bait, too. Good thing the baby can't read.

Congrats, dude. I'm so envious. Everyone's getting married and we still have no intentions of such. Well. I do, I just pretend I don't because he doesn't want to. :/
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Boog, my cousin kept insisting she didn't want to get married even in the face of her baby daddy really, really wanting to get married.  After baby #5 she finally caved.  So don't give up hope!
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

That picture is really really cute. Seriously. Love it.

Thanks guys. :-D

And erm, no idea how I managed -that- typo....

As for why I'm taking a break now with it over a year away.... Eh, Arm's lost it's luster for me once again. I still pop in a few times a month, but I don't feel the urge like I use it.
The man asks you:
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Kronibas on November 07, 2011, 11:24:45 AM
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on November 07, 2011, 12:15:17 AM
Make him play Arm too! Hah!

Dooo eeeetttt

Yessssssssssssss!  I'm currently trying to get my husband to play, he resists the Crackageddon. Lesigh.

Woooooooooohooo Torty! Go get'em gurl!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on November 10, 2011, 12:29:38 PM

Dooo eeeetttt

Yessssssssssssss!  I'm currently trying to get my husband to play, he resists the Crackageddon. Lesigh.

Haha, I've been trying to get him to play for almost a year. ;-) He says he doesn't have time. I say if we BOTH played TOGETHER and sat next to each other and TALKED.... ~shrugs~ But he was never a huge gamer.

November 10, 2011, 08:13:26 PM #19 Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:15:11 PM by Heade
Quote from: Tenua on November 10, 2011, 06:23:23 PM

Dooo eeeetttt

Yessssssssssssss!  I'm currently trying to get my husband to play, he resists the Crackageddon. Lesigh.

Haha, I've been trying to get him to play for almost a year. ;-) He says he doesn't have time. I say if we BOTH played TOGETHER and sat next to each other and TALKED.... ~shrugs~ But he was never a huge gamer.

You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to hook up with another arm player. That way, you're doing a dual service to the arm community. Getting some of us shut-in's a date, while continuing to maintain the numerical health of the playerbase.  :D

And Arm players, imo, could definitely use a bit of trading mudsex for realsex.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Quote from: Heade on November 10, 2011, 08:13:26 PM

Dooo eeeetttt

Yessssssssssssss!  I'm currently trying to get my husband to play, he resists the Crackageddon. Lesigh.

You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to hook up with another arm player. That way, you're doing a dual service to the arm community. Getting some of us shut-in's a date, while continuing to maintain the numerical health of the playerbase.  :D

Funny thing, that. I started playing Arm because I had a crush on someone who was playing. My first -two- boyfriends I met through Arm(neither was the crush), and my third I'm marrying.

Does it count if I met him online as well? :-D
The man asks you:
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Heade on November 10, 2011, 08:13:26 PM

Dooo eeeetttt

My third husband introduced me to Arm and was never as addicted to it as I am. If I married an Armer like me, one who enabled my addiction, we'd NEVER have RL sex :)
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

November 11, 2011, 06:27:43 PM #22 Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 05:59:58 PM by EldritchOrigins
When can we expect new young role-players to be entering the playerbase?  You know in this day and age text online games suffer from shrinking playerbases.  We must all do that we can to offset the drop.

Oh yeah Congratulations!

woot for tortall!
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: ShaLeah on November 11, 2011, 05:53:52 PM
My third husband introduced me to Arm and was never as addicted to it as I am. If I married an Armer like me, one who enabled my addiction, we'd NEVER have RL sex :)

Which husband are you on now, because if the above statement is true, none of them have been doing it right.

Mental masturbation will never be a capable replacement for GOOD sex.  8)