Body Count, let the bodies hit the floor

Started by ianmartin, July 16, 2011, 05:20:08 PM

Around 40.

I go through phases where I'll do anything to let an opponent survive and phases where I always take the killshot.

Most PCs I don't kill anyone, as I prefer to leave conflict to more interesting endings. One of my ATV ended up killing about 20-30 PCs, though, in the space of 3 RL months. Sorry guys. Maybe you should act like you're not retards.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on September 03, 2011, 11:07:29 AM
Most PCs I don't kill anyone, as I prefer to leave conflict to more interesting endings. One of my ATV ended up killing about 20-30 PCs, though, in the space of 3 RL months. Sorry guys. Maybe you should act like you're not retards.

I can see that with an ATV.  With all spontaneous pk's I try and leave the end result up to the other player.  For some reason a high % of pc's seem to value their ego over their life.

Okay, okay. I've indirectly (or well, not actively tried to) gotten quite a few PCs disappeared. Does this count?!?!??!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: Mazy on September 03, 2011, 06:44:39 AM

Ultimately, I say play according to your character while aiming for a good game experience and lots of fun. If killing others is your thing, I've got no qualms towards you.

This.

I would imagine that for some characters, killing a couple dozen PCs would be all in a days work.  If there's no reason for your character to be strolling around PKing everyone they see, then I'd say you're being an ass.   :)

I'm definately anti-PK. I prefer leaving them to squirm about, or plot my demise in turn (conflict good!).

I've played a Noble in the north and south, 2 Lirathan's and a Blue robe and all together, I think I PK'd 3-5 people. Tack on about 40 PC's I've had over the course of 8 years or so, and that number MIGHT reach 10 PK's total.

I've killed women and children. I've killed just about everything that walked or crawled at one time or another, and I'm here to kill you, Little Tektolnes, for what you did to those tregils.

Ive unintentionally lead my share of devil-beasts towards hapless adventurer's.
Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

I think I've killed four or five people across my 20 or so assorted characters.

I like leaving people alive to promote conflict, but if you do something that would realistically provoke my PC into killing you, I'm probably going to try and kill you.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on September 05, 2011, 01:22:31 AMI like leaving people alive to promote conflict, but if you do something that would realistically provoke my PC into killing you, I'm probably going to try and kill you.

September 06, 2011, 12:19:04 PM #110 Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:16:47 PM by Desertman
On a related note, I accidentally killed a mul once. This is no easy feat, everything has to fall into place perfectly to accidentally kill a level 8 karma PC with a level 0 karma ranger. (Its 8 right?)

I was a relatively well known good-guy character at the time and I was traveling with a templar band going to to investigate some sekrit stuff having to do with caves and magicks and what not.

Anyways, we are all waiting outside of a cave and this mul walks up out of nowhere and starts fussing about something. I don't remember exactly what. But then, the mul decides to subdue one of my character's buddies for mouthing off to him, and my character warned the mul to let them go, that we didn't have time for the nonsense. Of course, the mul refuses. So, I "charge" the mul with my mount, knock him down (break the subdue, which was the goal, I never intended to kill the guy), and then disengage. But, before I can disengage, all of my loyal well trained comrades do what they always did..."assist <my character's name>" and that mul was dead before I could even disengage (and I spammed the command right after "charge").

At this point I can't be like, "Well, ummm, that was an accident."

So all I can do is take the stoic road, "Job well done."  :-[

Yeah, accidentally killed a mul.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Kronibas on July 18, 2011, 11:48:04 PM
Quote from: Synthesis on July 16, 2011, 09:02:55 PM
It's so easy to PK on Arm that it isn't even worth bragging about, unless you did it in epic, log-worthy fashion.

Ahhh... meemmmmmorrrrriiiessssss

I PK'ed two of the PCs in that log.

I'm not quite sure what my total PK count is.  Somewhere between 50-60 I think?

My blue robe back in 02 was fairly unforgiving and made up the majority of my PKs.  I think in the six years I had my Jihaen he didn't kill as many PCs as I killed in three months on my blue robe.  I always tried to be the voice of reason and give people chances to live, but sometimes there wasn't much of a choice.

I accidently got Sujaal killed by taking him on a dangerous adventure.  Sorry about that :'(
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Well, there was more to it then that Ender...it was not quite an accident.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on September 06, 2011, 01:54:24 PM

Is there anybody you didn't PK?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

It's nice to see that most people prefer to actually try to RP rather than PK someone without any RP at all. I haven't actually run into one of those people, but it would be a nice change.
What kind of jerkoff shakes a tent in the dark? Go out there and see who or what that is.

It was accidental on my part.  The amount of factors that had to come together for that very specific death seemed a little too Rube Goldbergian to make me think it was planned.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Quote from: Ender on September 06, 2011, 05:49:55 PM

It was accidental on my part.  The amount of factors that had to come together for that very specific death seemed a little too Rube Goldbergian to make me think it was planned.

Dont let Ender fool you, he intentionally killed the piss out of me once, on purpose.

I am still not completely over it. He is an evil evil man, and he shall never be forgiven.

(He is totally forgiven, it was an awesome death scene and I thank him for it.)
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

You know... I don't remember you ever actually killing one of my PCs, XD.  WTF, man?  Am I not good enough for you?!?!?
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

indirectly definitely not as much, tho i've had some bad ones.  like leading folks to their death on -accident- and then accidently attacking the wrong figure and watching as they get killed because of a stupid syntax typo.
all of those happened on the same character too  :-\

directly i've killed 30+ pcs.  when i first started i was prty pk happy.

Wow how many PKs.. Id have to say Ive probably killed myself more than anyting else...-grin- But in truth I think
I have around 20 to 30 which mostly where hired kills..  I was always known for 'what you got a problem. two large
to anyone that take this ones head' oh how I loved how the gaj would go silent and everyone start looking at the target.
You dont even have to use a blade, all you need is coin... ah the love of black

Quote from: oklenny on September 10, 2011, 09:03:28 AM
indirectly definitely not as much, tho i've had some bad ones.  like leading folks to their death on -accident- and then accidently attacking the wrong figure and watching as they get killed because of a stupid syntax typo.
all of those happened on the same character too  :-\

directly i've killed 30+ pcs.  when i first started i was prty pk happy.

I always hated when everyone has there hoods up and you have a room full of clocked figures. Hmmmm whick one do I go after... opps just killed my buddy, damn should had your hood down...grin

Am I the only one who has a pk go like this from behind the keyboard?

With kill <dude> ready to be inputted to the mud, me thinks OOCly at the last moment: I'm sorry but it's what my character would do.

[ENTER]

"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis

Quote from: Bacon on September 10, 2011, 01:04:38 PM
Am I the only one who has a pk go like this from behind the keyboard?

With kill <dude> ready to be inputted to the mud, me thinks OOCly at the last moment: I'm sorry but it's what my character would do.

[ENTER]

No, that's been all of my pk's.  It's just happened an awful lot of times.  What's really ironic is that I did almost all of those pk's as either a ranger type or a filthy mage.  I've had two Red Fangs and never pkilled with either of them.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

I don't think I will ever understand why everyone is soo pk scared. I don't seek it but I don't avoid it. Its a rough world, you get in my way, you make it easy for me to kill you, bye bye. I do the same with npcs

My number, I'm not even going to begin counting over my 15 years of playing the game