What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in game?

Started by ianmartin, July 01, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

Ankheg /w assassin.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

follow halfbreed

Or

kill child (it was my first PC and I wanted to check out the combat code)
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

It was many years ago, with one of my first characters.
I was a little fuzzy still on the whole OOC/IC separation, Arm was the first RPG I ever played so it was all very, very new.  I had heard tons about this harsh Zalanthas place (from 2 friends who had been Armers for years) and decided that I'd give it a go.  So, I figured that because I'd heard a lot of the basic stuff about the game I'd be alright to just skim over some documentation, clarify a couple of things with my friends ("So if I need help and can't figure something out...I just type help and then a keyword and I get a help file??" ... I told you, total noob to all things RPG) and get on with it.  I didn't really expect my first few characters would do anything at all and I had sort of figured that I'd use them to feel  out how these "RPG" game-thingies worked. 

My first character died in her first hour.  I'd scrolled through the help files seeing all the different commands and skills and 'poke' caught my eye.  If I remember correctly, my PC poked an NPC templar, yada yada yada, mantis head.

On my 2nd or 3rd character I was really wanting to be more social and I thought I'd try to contribute something to the conversation around me in the Gaj.  So I got some tidbit of info from the *ahem* OOC rumor board and proceeding to start yapping about it.  When the person I was talking to asked where I heard such things I told them I READ IT ON THE BOARD OVER THERE.  When he questioned this craziness, I STOOD THERE AND POINTED ACROSS THE ROOM TO THE "MESSAGE BOARD" WHERE I "READ IT."  To really prove my point, I repeated myself a few times... :-\

So, after everyone in the bar looked at me, absolutely dumbfounded, a templar was summoned and I was dealt with. 
Like I said, I was new to RPGs and I was a little fuzzy with the whole OOC/IC separation....

That was my dumbest Southern moment.  My dumbest Tuluk moment?  I haven't had many PCs up in Tuluk, and one of my first Northies was approved just in time to be able to maybe attend the big poetry recital.  I was out of the city trying to kill some little critter when I realized that I wasn't entirely sure -where- to go to get to the recital.  In my haste to get back to the city and to the recital, I forgot to sheathe my weapons and ended up racing into the recital with two daggers drawn.  Racing into the recital where there was a very large number of Nobles and templars.  The bard who was performing at the time stopped mid sentence and the whole room looked at me.

Long story short, they hauled me out of there and brought me to some storage closet somewhere, accused me of being some sort of assassin (I wasn't) and demanded that I tell them who had sent me and which Noble or templar I was there to kill.  By the end of it all I was forced to cut off a couple of my own fingers so I'd be unable to wield my murderous weapons. 

My murderous crude, shitty daggers.  As my character tried to explain, would I have come running right into the middle of the main event with some shitty, chipped daggers if I was there to assassinate somebody? 
Of course not.
Did anyone care about my explanation? 
Of course not.
:D

I think my dumbest Red Storm moment was walking into an alley thinking it was just another alley, like the ones in 'Nak...Oops.

My dumb Luir's moment was the HRPT.  I was out in the wilderness when shit started going down and when darkness fell, I fell into a canyon, dropping my torch on the way.  I walked in circles in that pitch-black fucking canyon until I finally wished up (first wish up) for some sort of help.  I explained that I wasn't even a noob, just retarded and someone took pity on me and gave me a lantern.  I got back to Luir's and had just managed to track down where everyone was gathered when the light returned.

The plus side though is that being stuck in that canyon most likely kept me alive while the world around me fell apart... ;)

Wow, some folks need to take it easy on the noob abuse.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Hm. Dumbest thing I did that I can talk about...Go afk around one of Delerak's characters outside of the walls. Or typing >backstab kite.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Generally being stupid and going off to get myself killed by a random mob when my character is on the cusp of awesome things.

Like this one time Kishime Fale wanted my character to become his personal attendant because of his unique mutation. Or when that awesome hidden mage of mine finally gets found out and I'm about to defect to the bad guys.

Really more depressing than funny, unfortunately.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: Reiloth on July 11, 2011, 12:02:25 AM
Hm. Dumbest thing I did that I can talk about...Go afk around one of Delerak's characters outside of the walls. Or typing >backstab kite.

I'm pretty sure >backstab dude-who-was-in-our-clan-whose-name-I-don't-remember was dumber.

Quote from: manipura on July 10, 2011, 08:25:39 PM
I think my dumbest Red Storm moment was walking into an alley thinking it was just another alley, like the ones in 'Nak...Oops.

+1. And I loved that damn char too!
Quote from: Mooney on April 01, 2011, 04:16:28 PM
The worldly burden of defecation is something I go online to escape.

* Are there any other cities out there? I've heard of this place called "All-Neck."
* Found a magicker gem. Put it on. Took it off in crowded southie bar.
* Took valued goods from south to (not so valued) north in hopes of selling them for profit.
* Picked a fight with a mul / old man / child / <insert another NPC in UnderTuluk>
* Starved to death within a few rooms of easily-accessible food.

ALL ON THE SAME CHARACTER! (Acrimar)
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

I once tracked an elf with my newbie ranger all the way from the grasslands to the gates of their big scary camp in the canyons of the Pah with my 4 hours played ranger and sat there waiting for them to come by again so I could demand they give me back the erdlu that they stole.

Although that actually ended up being one of the coolest plot starters I ever got involved in ... just looking back on it though, man that could have so easily gone wrong in several thousand different ways. I was really lucky I walked out of that. With my erdlu!!
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on July 11, 2011, 07:23:37 AM
I once tracked an elf with my newbie ranger all the way from the grasslands to the gates of their big scary camp in the canyons of the Pah with my 4 hours played ranger and sat there waiting for them to come by again so I could demand they give me back the erdlu that they stole.

Although that actually ended up being one of the coolest plot starters I ever got involved in ... just looking back on it though, man that could have so easily gone wrong in several thousand different ways. I was really lucky I walked out of that. With my erdlu!!

I'm pretty sure they substituted a different erdlu for yours.

A weaker one.

And then charged YOU for it!

Let's see...

Found a dead longneck south of the city. Grabbed up his gear to check it out later. Got ganged
by the gate guards for spice.  20 odd day character dead.

Walked past several warnings  (too intent on see what was around the corner) and died in silt.
20 odd day (nearly 30) character dead.

more?

Went  into a very bad place, holding a torch and a mug. Too much of a hurry.
30 odd day character dead.
I'd rather be lucky than good.

Trying to range a certain top-level Elkros nuke spell at mon power with my templar who was at 28 hps, who was like my favorite character ever. Not having a certain other spell on. Thinking said spell would give error message if that was impossible.

Trying to use said spell to save the ass of a templar everyone disliked, but at least I liked the AoD soldiers who were getting gith-raped.

Not knowing code ftl. :(
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: manipura on July 10, 2011, 08:25:39 PM
On my 2nd or 3rd character I was really wanting to be more social and I thought I'd try to contribute something to the conversation around me in the Gaj.  So I got some tidbit of info from the *ahem* OOC rumor board and proceeding to start yapping about it.  When the person I was talking to asked where I heard such things I told them I READ IT ON THE BOARD OVER THERE.  When he questioned this craziness, I STOOD THERE AND POINTED ACROSS THE ROOM TO THE "MESSAGE BOARD" WHERE I "READ IT."  To really prove my point, I repeated myself a few times... :-\

So, after everyone in the bar looked at me, absolutely dumbfounded, a templar was summoned and I was dealt with. 
Like I said, I was new to RPGs and I was a little fuzzy with the whole OOC/IC separation....

I remember that! I think there were about three PCs that kept telling you, OOCly, that the board didn't exist. You kept responding to the OOCs with says though, so we knew what was up.
You lift ~ with all your strength.
A long length of bone doesn't move.

SURE LORD TEMPLAR I'LL HAVE A SEKRIT MEETING WITH YOU IN YOUR SNAZZY APARTMENT ALONE WHILE YOU HAVE GUARDS WITH YOU

WHAT COULD GO WRONG

July 12, 2011, 08:12:21 PM #91 Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:14:59 PM by Recharge
Around the time when I first started I had a pc who joined (random clan). Noticed that they had a whole lotta nice gear so i took what I could and marched off to the market to sell it all. Kept going back and forth when all of a sudden I noticed that I was in some sort of dungeon being hashed out by the Shade of Nessalin. Worse yet, I tried to rationalize why I was stealing with dozens of npcs and vnpcs in the same room as all that nice gear.
Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

One time I burned down a significant chunk of Red Storm, but I consider that move more awesome than stupid.

One time I was a Corporal in a military clan and I took our only other active guy, a Private who was way leeter than me, out to patrol A Dangerous Area with no backup. He was attacked by a beasty carrying weapons, which I attempted to disarm.

Yeah, I disarmed my clannie, putting us into combat with each other before said monster attacked. Then he got pwnt by the old multiple attackers penalty and I got my ass kicked by the monster, because my buddy had reversed my disarm attempt. A pretty graceless fuckup that killed off my first and favorite long-lived PC.

the most awesome things i've ever done in game are also probably the stupidest.

1. steal a halfling magicker's mount

2. boffing a templar

3. silt skimmers. nuff said.

4. solo hunting the halfling camp in the grey forest

5. joining kurac, being asked for an introduction by the resident lieutenant, introducing myself by way of "I'm ________ , who the fuck are you?"
Quote from: MeTekillot on July 11, 2011, 04:23:45 PM
Be a dick, but don't over-dick it.

Quote from: aphex on July 12, 2011, 08:56:34 PM
5. joining kurac, being asked for an introduction by the resident lieutenant, introducing myself by way of "I'm ________ , who the fuck are you?"

Loligags.  Has this been a year?  Because I wanna say something.  At the least, that Lieutenant was ICly a turd.  :P

i think it's been a year but can't be sure to be honest. that guy put me off clans for a long time.

Quote from: aphex on July 12, 2011, 10:22:13 PM
i think it's been a year but can't be sure to be honest. that guy put me off clans for a long time.

Yeah, he had a kinda "sniff my butt" thing going on.  Sorry it ruined your experience.  We all laughed at him in the barracks.  Come to think of it, though, it's been slightly less than a year, so I shall say no more!

Your PC rocked, though, just so you know.

one of my first characters. I decided to throw a dart at bones the Byn medic.. terrible.
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

Quote from: Kismetic on July 12, 2011, 11:18:11 PM
Your PC rocked, though, just so you know.

Thank you! He was one of my favorite characters ever. Of course, he died in the most ignoble manner possible, like most well-loved characters. It was really my fault though: boredom and lack of a place in the world kill me worse than anything else.

Quote from: askaran on July 12, 2011, 11:32:39 PM
one of my first characters. I decided to throw a dart at bones the Byn medic.. terrible.

I played this loner ranger-ish halfbreed chick named Saba... the hawkish, wiry-framed woman.  Was sort of a raider type, got a good deal joining up with Kurac in Red Storm and ended up RP'ing getting kinda drunk and rowdy with some other PC in the Kurac compound there.  So we were RP'ing pushing each other around and stuff when I decided to throw a riding crop at him, which stupidly triggered combat and I got insta-ganked by various Kurac employee NPC's.  I asked for a rez, but they said it wasn't a bug so no rez.  *shrug*  It sucked.