What are your reasons?

Started by mattrious, May 28, 2011, 12:53:28 PM

I play this game because I'm a weak, ugly, nobody loser and can grief other people endlessly on things they care for and put tons of time into.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 16, 2011, 03:17:46 AM
I play this game because I'm a weak, ugly, nobody loser and can grief other people endlessly on things they care for and put tons of time into.

I know who you play now!

Quote from: Fathi on December 16, 2011, 12:21:43 AM
I play this game because I am well-adjusted, good looking, and make a decent living.

In Arm, I can pretend to be none of these things.  8)
I play this game because I am a macho, good looking man with a good sense of humor and can pretend to be a pretty pretty princess here.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on December 18, 2011, 07:50:34 PM
I play this game because I am a macho, good looking man with a good sense of humor and can pretend to be a pretty pretty princess here.

Friday, have you EVER actually played a pretty princess?
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

It is the fact alone that I can step out of the rat race and step into a world where I can play anytype of personality I want and the interection is in my opion incredible.
also Id like to mention that this is also one of the most realistic games;so far as staying alive. its the only mud Ive stuck with and will stay with it throught my time.
It was once told to me by and old Imm.. in servival its not that your more powerful then your enemies, just that you out live them. -wink-

Quote from: brytta.leofa on December 19, 2011, 10:57:09 AM

Yes.

Two favorite female role archetypes:
1.) Psychotic, grizzled bitch.
2.) Energetic teenage girl going through a lot of "really important", difficult personal issues that leads to gossiping and lots of drama.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on December 19, 2011, 10:44:47 PM
Yes.

2.) Energetic teenage girl going through a lot of "really important", difficult personal issues that leads to gossiping and lots of drama.

Solike...I forgot about #2.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on December 19, 2011, 11:47:08 PM
Yes.

Solike...I forgot about #2.
Believe it or not I'm playing a mostly-nice PC currently.

I play so I can have anime-sized bewbs, duh.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Yes.

I'd like to mention here and IsFriday and I are, in fact, different people. You may not think so when you meet our PCs. But really. We are.

Usually when one of us is Teen Girl Achiever, the other is playing Scarface McBloodbath.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

To be an artsy douche. Man, I won't even go into detail, but I think I may over-think this game when I'm actually playing it.  ::)
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Being people who are and do the unthinkable really is fun when done here. Having realistic long-term reactions to what they have done is not frightening at all. Oh I don't want to go to sleep now.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Because escapism leads to ignorance and the illusion of bliss.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Quote from: Kol on January 03, 2012, 03:53:39 PM
Because escapism leads to ignorance and the illusion of bliss.
I fully plan on ignoring this election year. Arm will help with that.  ;D

Quote from: Kol on September 24, 2011, 11:50:19 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

It allows me to die in curious and fantastic ways.

Seriously though, I've been playing MUD's for a while, since I was 14ish. I started off on some net based ones, hack'n'slash style, and eventually stumbled across Iron Realms entertainment at 15, and joined Lusternia.
I played that until a fellow player on there mentioned Arm in an OOC chat, and I thought I should give it a go. I have no idea who that player was, but thank yoooooo!

I don't think I've ever randomly stumbled across something better than this.

Was is Diamante, the choke-master king?
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

I started in Harshlands at 13. Then Forever's End. Then when I turned 17 Arm became open to AOL emails
and I jumped in.

I had always wanted to get deeply into pen-and-paper RPG's but could never find a group or would
end up elected as a bad/short term DM. I found RPI's instead and they're a very capable substitute.

Console/graphical/PC games just don't offer the type of character/story development you can get in an
RPI.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Quote from: Hot_Dancer on February 09, 2012, 09:57:30 PM
I had always wanted to get deeply into pen-and-paper RPG's but could never find a group or would
end up elected as a bad/short term DM. I found RPI's instead and they're a very capable substitute.

Console/graphical/PC games just don't offer the type of character/story development you can get in an
RPI.

This.  I used to have a decent gaming group of close friends but we've all moved to different areas.  That and I was inevitably stuck being the DM which I hated.  I had tried a few different RP MUDs before Arm but the Dark Sun theme made me keep trying until I figured it out.  Jhunter and a few others in Salarr years and years ago were very patient with my n00bness.

Kuraci raptor nuggets. Chicken nuggets, but with Arm velociraptor meat instead of chicken? Yes, epic.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded