Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 1162408 times)

Brytta Léofa

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #17000 on: February 18, 2021, 06:59:20 PM »
I might finally live away from my parents.

I finally have my own condo.

Congrats. Being your own boss in your own place is fantastic.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

triste

« Reply #17001 on: February 19, 2021, 06:54:12 AM »
I love that I work for a company where software is designed by consensus among engineers and everyone learns among their peers. An engineer I started mentoring this week is presenting today after landing more than 1500 lines of code in her first day for our fixathon this week. Practically a record for my team but I gave her a good task to learn with.

Part of me wishes I had it as easy as she is having it starting out, but I am paying it forward. Some walk so others can run.

Learning and intellectual development is an endless cyclical exchange between multiple people and people who understand that thrive. At least where I work. Thankfully. Now to sleep and keep kicking ass at it.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

You can choose to be strong or you can choose to be weak.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #17002 on: February 20, 2021, 09:27:58 AM »
My shit-bird boss denied me leave to attend a volleyball tournament in May, despite me asking 3 months in advance. So I called in today in a fit of pure spite. Going to play Minecraft with my 6 year old all day and drink cheladas. Mmmmmmmmmm.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Maso

« Reply #17003 on: February 20, 2021, 11:44:10 AM »
We thought the chooks had stopped laying, but in fact they had found a super secret save room, 26 eggs.
emote pees into your eyes deeply

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Ulga

« Reply #17004 on: February 20, 2021, 03:38:44 PM »
All 16 of my ducklings are now airborne. Yay.

Barsook

« Reply #17005 on: February 21, 2021, 04:27:28 PM »
I might finally live away from my parents.

I finally have my own condo.

Congrats. Being your own boss in your own place is fantastic.

Thanks, there will be hardships, but I'm ready for them.

Move in is next weekend.

Shaydee

« Reply #17006 on: February 24, 2021, 09:12:11 PM »
I finally did what I have been saying we should do for forever.

I got a year family pass for the zoo so we can start going regularly :3
I am BEYOND excited to make this a regular outing.

We went once in October, and there was hardly anybody there. Still wore masks, kept a safe distance, didn't touch things!
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

triste

« Reply #17007 on: March 04, 2021, 04:15:04 AM »
When someone tries to disrespect you but they are only an utter coward and fool about it.

Makes my metaphysical balls swang low. Glad I've only ever had metaphysical balls, I imagine they would chafe when they are this big.

Kids, when you have haters never let them bring you down. If you are strong enough, they bring themselves down. Haters can hate while you elevate.

And for the purposes of this little community, when you are uncertain about planning your skills you can use https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/ so long as I am not hated by so many jealous cowards that there is at least one good person worth leaving it up for.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/

triste

« Reply #17008 on: March 04, 2021, 04:27:07 AM »
I helped a jealous and hating coder at work fix a bug that would have blown up 100% calls. Prior to this this coworker has been hating at me like any small minded person unused to people different from them does. Hearing the groveling and thank you's in the meeting after I helped them fix this bug was magnifique. But I am sure tomorrow/today they will go right back to hating me and you know what, it doesn't bother me because I have been irrationally hated by people for discriminatory reasons all my life. Really the only reason I posted is because all of you are too cool to be sad little haters like that, so don't be a sad little hater.

Barsook

« Reply #17009 on: March 07, 2021, 09:01:37 AM »
Move is almost complete and I already living in my condo.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #17010 on: March 12, 2021, 07:37:49 PM »
Test results today...and my wife has a diagnosed, fixable health condition, not a chronic, untreatable one.

It's been an anxious ~eight months here.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Maso

« Reply #17011 on: March 13, 2021, 03:04:12 AM »
Test results today...and my wife has a diagnosed, fixable health condition, not a chronic, untreatable one.

Congrats! I found out something very similar about myself recently. Hugely relieved.
emote pees into your eyes deeply

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

DesertT

« Reply #17012 on: March 15, 2021, 06:25:15 PM »
A 50' pine tree in my backyard fell over yesterday around noon due to extremely high winds.

A few of my kids had literally JUST been outside on the patio picking up worms and putting them in the planters surrounding the tree.

The tree fell in the second best spot it could have fallen, only damaging a corner of the roof on the garage and some fencing.  We have a little tree that my wife hates which actually saved the neighbor's house and most of our fence.

I should add that one of the kid's plastic play houses was crushed, but it folded up in such a way that it should be salvageable.  AMAZING!!

The wife wanted this pine tree gone and now the insurance is paying for it, YAY!!

Only bad news is that I was looking forward to having this week off from work, but now I'm busy clearing the yard, cutting up logs, and hauling/sorting it all.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #17013 on: March 25, 2021, 07:10:07 PM »
Found out today that, after almost a year of waiting, I've finally been granted a Security Clearance and will (hopefully) be able to start working at the place that'll help me truly start my career.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

valeria

• I have a writing page.
« Reply #17014 on: March 26, 2021, 07:39:05 AM »
Found out today that, after almost a year of waiting, I've finally been granted a Security Clearance and will (hopefully) be able to start working at the place that'll help me truly start my career.

Fuck yeah!
Templars are basically if judge Dredd was a Cardassian

Evilone

« Reply #17015 on: April 15, 2021, 06:35:46 AM »
My internet is back on after nearly a month without it! I can play Armageddon again!  :D
Death is only the beginning...

Barsook

« Reply #17016 on: April 15, 2021, 01:11:06 PM »
I'm at peace with myself. Best feeling ever.

Blink

« Reply #17017 on: April 15, 2021, 08:10:35 PM »
I just got my first dose of vaccine!

Who'd a thunk a person could be so excited and happy about getting a jab in the arm?

perfecto

« Reply #17018 on: April 16, 2021, 09:20:19 AM »

This is truly happy news!   For those that don't know what living with the 'unknown' is like.. you are blessed.
When I was 5 my mother was diagnosed with MS.. it wasn't until I was about 11 that her doctor admitted he was wrong.. my father threw him through a window in his office.
(little smirk)
She's 67 now, very healthy and loving life! She will likely outlive us all!

The moral of my story is; always be there for the ones you love, hold them up strong, and medicine in the 80's left something to be desired...
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Shaydee

« Reply #17019 on: April 19, 2021, 11:27:39 PM »
There's nothing to see here   :'(
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 08:32:41 AM by Shaydee »
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

Barsook

« Reply #17020 on: April 21, 2021, 05:50:29 AM »
Seeing snow in April again.

JackGibbons

« Reply #17021 on: April 21, 2021, 08:08:31 AM »
Seeing snow in April again.

Absolutely agree (We got it, too!), though some members of my household have the opposite reaction.
> who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

"Only the Lonely" - Roy Orbison

triste

« Reply #17022 on: April 25, 2021, 02:09:20 AM »
I am always appreciative that justice is often so neatly exacted in fiction. I will always embrace problematic topics in fiction because they are always so much more neatly, sensibly, and fairly handled. It is how humanity puts beasts and nightmares in cages. Fiction is empowering.

There are no such denouements in reality. Oh how I wish there were. Reality is chaotic, messy, and by definition unfair.

Barsook

« Reply #17023 on: Today at 10:35:10 AM »
I decided to get Thurdbird for my e-mail client and it looks sleek (and maybe for the better).

WarriorPoet

« Reply #17024 on: Today at 05:06:53 PM »
Friend of mine bought his wife new couches. She decided she hated them after like 3 weeks. He gave me $2,500 worth of brand new furniture.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...