Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 1280625 times)

triste

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #16925 on: September 18, 2020, 06:04:51 PM »
For whatever reason I was just informed now, but an essay I wrote was used as one of three "digital keynote speeches" used by my Alma Mater for the graduating class of 2020. So I guess I can call myself a Keynote Speaker for a college graduating class now. I just hope the essay was helpful as that was my intent in writing it.

Also during a goofy team building Puzzle Break thing at Google my team finished in first place yesterday. At one point, being a nerd, I said "And that puzzle was called a Caesar's cypher," after we solved it. I am two for two on "finishing first place in team building Puzzle Room events," but also credit to my coworkers ofc. Tons of fun and tons of talent.

Last thing that made me happy is I was nominated to be on the Board of Directors for my local chapter of Habitat for Humanity because I have volunteered for them for a while.

I have hangups and strong principles but sometimes it's appreciated.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Lotion

« Reply #16926 on: September 19, 2020, 10:26:03 AM »
Arr! Today be talk like a pirate day.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi, we don't need you to tell us EXACTLY what you are doing when you quit OOC.  We just need a vague reason.  Thanks."

Subrosa

« Reply #16927 on: September 19, 2020, 04:20:18 PM »
My roomie, after surgery and after the cone was removed. He's quite happy now. He has a cute heart under his bib.

He spread his hands as if to say, 'the rest was inevitable'.

Aruven

« Reply #16928 on: September 23, 2020, 04:49:34 PM »
Me reading the GDB and not being on discord so this is my only OOC interaction with this community:

Thomoto

« Reply #16929 on: September 27, 2020, 01:53:36 AM »
My roomie, after surgery and after the cone was removed. He's quite happy now. He has a cute heart under his bib.

Awww, so cute.

Me reading the GDB and not being on discord so this is my only OOC interaction with this community:

I feel ya bud.
resting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

triste

« Reply #16930 on: October 12, 2020, 12:00:36 PM »
A Monday procrastination five minute brain fart: I am glad that this game exists, in it's current form, after about thirty years.

I obviously wish for other stuff, like that the game had some features (The Allanak Problem thread et al says it all), I wish I had more time to play, but I am so grateful this game exists.

This came to mind today while I was reading the news, even though I haven't played Armageddon in days. I was reading an article about contention around Roe v. Wade and thought randomly, "I am so glad Armageddon has mul mix and doesn't make a big deal of it." I once apped a templar who wanted to tax and regulate water, alcohol, and mul mix, just because it was the most evil thing I could imagine and I wanted to try playing a lawful evil character to challenge myself.

Armageddon staff didn't approve my app for that templar. And good for them. That sort of violence against women has no fucking place in Zalanthas [minus in some niche tribal concept if you wish to play it, since Armageddon is also awesome and allows you to roleplay almost anything]. I just am glad we had great staffers who ensured this game isn't just balls for everyone. And to last about thirty years and evolve in such a climate? awesome

VOTE SANVEAN DOT HTML

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-sanvean.html
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/

Insigne

« Reply #16931 on: October 17, 2020, 07:41:04 AM »

This bike reflector. ❤️

triste

« Reply #16932 on: November 01, 2020, 01:45:34 PM »
I hope everyone had a happy and spooky Halloween! Things that make me happy include the full moon because it makes getaway driving easier.

triste

« Reply #16933 on: November 07, 2020, 02:18:49 PM »
Happy and proud that a woman from my home town just got elected to the second highest office in my country.

I worked a lot in politics with my mother as a kid and it's crazy knowing I am now one or two degrees of separation from the president elect.

I hope everyone is doing alright, today almost makes up for the crushing dread I felt roughly this time four years ago, right before I started losing my rights by presidential decree and stuff. If you are upset about this election I would like to console you insofar as more rights won't be lost, but restored.

Barsook

« Reply #16934 on: November 20, 2020, 11:40:42 PM »
Got tested and found out that I'm still negative.

triste

« Reply #16935 on: November 30, 2020, 05:42:47 PM »
Feeling like fuckin Amelie today:
- Got two free pastries at the cantonese bakery I grew up by on my way out of town. IDK why, I think it's because I was nice or he recognized me from when I was a kid.
- Another shop keep who likes me rounded up my change to a full dollar but he does that whenever I see him. But def always nice!
- Got a call from an ex in Texas... five minutes into my drive towards Texas. I was so elated because I am going there to visit other friends and I thought I lost his number. He joked he "had a feeling" I was heading over, psionics exist??
- Two random dudes with questionable mask wearing habits smiled at me and hit on me today which I enjoy for reasons of humor
- Weather is sunny and gorgeous on the West Coast and the South.
- another thirsty dude just texted me while editing this post I am starting to think men have mating seasons

It's a Monday and I am sort of working in between but mood is very
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwhkvO_hCOM

« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 06:51:26 PM by triste »

triste

« Reply #16936 on: December 01, 2020, 02:47:30 PM »
Ellen Page coming out as Elliot Page just made me scream MY PEOPLE. second or third time E.P. has done that

I remember watching Hard Candy as a high schooler which starred E.P. when they were a high schooler and being confused and elated by the butch representation. I was literally like "Oh why is someone like me in a movie, oh it's an indie movie NO WONDER." Then hollywood tried to femme E.P. out and they vocally hated it. My fuckin people. I have never regretted being a fan of that tiny relatable sociopath actor.

Also god bless Arma for adding multiple gender options fuckin BLESS

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #16937 on: December 07, 2020, 08:29:46 AM »
Pentatonix.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

triste

« Reply #16938 on: December 09, 2020, 02:57:52 PM »
I've been stressed out and convinced I am sucking at my [main] job but I just got a huge fucking bonus, a pay raise and more stock equity.

I've been working since I was 16 and for every tech job I've held I've gotten a bonus every review cycle. I was mostly stressed that I was going to break my streak but I am glad I didn't!

DesertT

« Reply #16939 on: December 13, 2020, 12:11:44 PM »
We arrived back home yesterday afternoon after driving through the night from SoCal to Nebraska.

WOW!!

It feels good to sleep in my own bed!!!
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

triste

« Reply #16940 on: December 23, 2020, 06:03:44 PM »
I just taught a chick in dallas the gay hankey code and I have never felt more like a rinth rat in my life.

SpyGuy

« Reply #16941 on: December 24, 2020, 06:46:23 AM »
I just taught a chick in dallas the gay hankey code and I have never felt more like a rinth rat in my life.

TIL

triste

« Reply #16942 on: December 24, 2020, 10:05:17 AM »

TIL

she was very upset and screaming God's name but she also let me motorboat after and that is what I call north side south side relations

tiny rainbow

« Reply #16943 on: December 24, 2020, 10:15:49 AM »
😂
"A time of ash shall mark the rise of the cities. Days of old shall be new once more."
"The paths diversify, bright strands bring victory, the wrong steps defeat."

triste

« Reply #16944 on: December 28, 2020, 05:30:58 PM »
I'm traveling and the lady checking me in gave me a 50% discount, their best amenities, and rubbed my ring while I was filling out the forms, clearly hitting on my ass. Just glad it was a chick pulling this shit on me for once (though a chick dressed as a nurse in Vegas also got me to the top of a waitlist two days ago after I chatted her up).

Some other shit was making me really depressed and the timing of this felt like "a sign" that I should cheer the fuck up. If any of you are sad plz just stay strong, no one is in fact totally unwanted even if you might believe that.

ok done polluting the GDB for today
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 05:38:14 PM by triste »

Barsook

« Reply #16945 on: January 02, 2021, 11:30:06 PM »
I finally let go of most of the popular/social Internet, which is Twich and YouTube. I might just try to go back to my pre-Internet self which was the late 1990's.

mirk_o_loio

« Reply #16946 on: January 05, 2021, 03:09:25 AM »
Just got home from work, guarding a DPD Parcel Depot. Basically the thing where parcels go to before being loaded in trucks and delivered.

I'm the guy telling all the trucks where to put their containers.

These things.

So, around 4:30 AM a trucker sets down his container. All good. He drives out from below and his trailer -catches on the container's edge- and drags it like four meters, making one of the solid steel legs snap and the thing, full with parcels, topples over against another and rips in that container's side wall, nearly toppling that one too.

BOY I didn't laugh that hard in quite some time.

Schadenfreude galore.
Tek's Balls - See Utep's teeth.

If life gives you lemons, open a lemonade stand untill you make millions, invest into weapons and go to war.

whatislove

« Reply #16947 on: January 12, 2021, 01:48:32 AM »
Found out all the people on my night shift at work smoke, got some break sessions in, had a great night. And none of them are assholes, which is -amazing-!

Shaydee

« Reply #16948 on: January 12, 2021, 09:57:37 PM »
Today, my son, who is a little over a year and a half, took his first unassisted steps!! I was so excited I literally cried. We were at his Physical therapist appointments and for weeks we've been trying to build his confidence and get him to walk without a finger to hold on to (he just got super comfortable crawling). We've tried tempting him with toys, nope. Food, he is all about the food, nope that didn't work either.

You know what got him to finally take a few steps walking unassisted?

We held the freaking therapist's laptop out in front of him and that's what he decided was worth walking for. Of course that was what would get him walking XD

I should have known.
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

Blink

« Reply #16949 on: January 13, 2021, 02:08:02 AM »
Today, my son, who is a little over a year and a half, took his first unassisted steps!!

That's awesome!  Your account made me smile.