Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 1157536 times)

triste

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #16900 on: July 13, 2020, 12:44:28 AM »
I bought a fancy motorbike and I'm gonna ride that bitch 300+ miles to the beach and back to camp out next weekend.

That's awesome, I got an RV/stealthvan recently and drove it about 600 miles over the July 4th weekend and am dying to do that more. I put in a monitor setup this weekend that draws power off of the solar system on the roof.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

You can choose to be strong or you can choose to be weak.

Ourla

• My Art Blog
« Reply #16901 on: July 13, 2020, 10:42:53 PM »
I bought a fancy motorbike and I'm gonna ride that bitch 300+ miles to the beach and back to camp out next weekend.

That's awesome, I got an RV/stealthvan recently and drove it about 600 miles over the July 4th weekend and am dying to do that more. I put in a monitor setup this weekend that draws power off of the solar system on the roof.

Whaaaaaa! That sounds awesome! You should get a little scooter and pop it on the back of that thing for reconnaissance missions.
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

NinjaFruitSalad

« Reply #16902 on: July 13, 2020, 10:56:35 PM »
So, I've been babysitting a niece of mine, a couple times a week, usually. Today she happened to be enjoying card games and we were trying to make up some games of our own. Hm, what to do, what to do?

ARM to the rescue. I tried playing the game Fourteen with her. She really seemed to enjoy it and called it "the best game ever."  Now I know, coming from a seven-year-old, that's probably not too great of a compliment at face value, but you have to admit, anything that would keep a seven-year-old's attention for at least 30 minutes is noteworthy.   ;D

triste

« Reply #16903 on: July 13, 2020, 11:03:52 PM »

Whaaaaaa! That sounds awesome! You should get a little scooter and pop it on the back of that thing for reconnaissance missions.

Bwahah there are pics for anyone bored enough to care.

Your idea is brilliant, there is a hitch on the back where I could totally put a bike or scooter. Might well do it.

But yeah I think people who motorbike are legit AF, my ex did some ride for BLM recently. I justify my garbage by saying all the electrical work is solar powered so it's good for the environment that way; motorbikes are also fuel efficient and awesome. And what you do takes more guts.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/

Ourla

• My Art Blog
« Reply #16904 on: July 14, 2020, 08:50:10 PM »
And what you do takes more guts.

It's never not terrifying. Your reflexes just get better.  ;D
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Doublepalli

« Reply #16905 on: July 14, 2020, 11:08:26 PM »
I'm not a father!! (Not in a financial position for one, and ended up luckily not)

Grew up without a dad or a strong sense of fam - when it happens I want to give that kid the world.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:18:32 PM by Doublepalli »

Halcyon

« Reply #16906 on: July 20, 2020, 09:45:23 PM »
Hibiki scotch is magnificent.  If you like sherry cask-finished scotch, I cannot recommend it highly enough.
I'm not sick but I'm not well
And I'm so hot 'cause I'm in Hell
I'm not sick but I'm not well
And it's a sin to live so well

-Harvey Danger

James de Monet

« Reply #16907 on: July 22, 2020, 01:56:02 AM »
This page is like someone took the Kurac item catalog, and made it all real.
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

triste

« Reply #16908 on: July 27, 2020, 02:17:35 AM »
Sorry I took a giant dump on this thread earlier. Below is another giant dump an optional spiel on the topic of actually being happy.

Had a kickass weekend in Oregon and Norcal, mostly Guerneville, a town full of hippies, goths, lgbt peeps, hari krishnas, all sorts of peoples. Hung out with besties and their kids who are bilingual and kept saying my Spanish is good even though I think it's crap. These kids are adorbs and all admire Korra from The Last Airbender and got Korra energy to the max [the kids even all had a "favorite element" it was ridiculously cute]. They're all taking Capoeira classes and were doing crap like staging fights and pretending to cast magic on eachother. We went biking and I showed em some tricks like putting your feet on the handlebars, and then they proceeded to one up me by doing insane crap like standing on the top tube of the bike hands free. Never saw anything like it. The oldest kid in the group is also studying coding and I was able to help her with some work, and she kept asking questions about my job and was able to do savant-like crap like instantly know my annual wage after I told her how much I made in a day. The insane thing is all these kids were behind grade level before my friends started taking care of them and now they are making A's at grade level. Articles have been written about my friends because they some sort of super parents, and most importantly the kids seemed super happy.

People kept saying "our family" was cute but also were awkward because we are all races/punk.  At one point someone said "Are your kids Peruvian? They look Peruvian--Oh crap sorry I shouldn't have said that," to which me and my two friends said in unison "We don't believe in censorship," fucking literally in unison. We all looked at eachother like LOL, uh, then my friend said, "Well, we don't believe in censorship because we don't believe in conformity," which made us all laugh and broke the awkwardness.

So yeah, this shit made me happy, and I also got to see my other pals in Portland, who I am also exceedingly proud of. Thankfully, no one has Covid yet and I swear I am gonna self quarantine again when I am back home and not be a vector.

Insigne

« Reply #16909 on: August 15, 2020, 10:48:44 PM »
This was actually yesterday but I biked ~85km with good people, so that made me happy. My longest ride before that was 20-25km. I was 1 of 3 folding bike riders with a group of mountain bikers, but most of them were supportive and encouraged me to go at my own pace. They're the reason I bike outside of necessity's sake.

Bonus is the view before heading back:

Barsook

« Reply #16910 on: August 16, 2020, 10:03:43 AM »
Niiiiiice! But that reminds me that I still need to get my bike rack back on my Bad Boy (my Honda Pilot) and hit the local bike trails that I have in south west Ohio going to north west (and even north east).

Thomoto

« Reply #16911 on: August 17, 2020, 05:08:38 PM »
Nothing big but it makes me happy seeing things peaceful here at home.

Finished my morning chores quickly and ended up being able to relax in my room alone, siblings are relatively quiet, Dad is taking well to his time off. Overall, it makes me happy to have a day where I can completely chill and relax.
resting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

triste

« Reply #16912 on: August 21, 2020, 12:19:22 AM »
Hanging out with my goth lesbian friends after a solid day of work; easy to forget about some pathetic people who tried to dunk on me earlier. I'm much better than that BS.

Black Flag

« Reply #16913 on: August 21, 2020, 12:34:54 AM »
Glad You Got To Relax!!
Quote from: Madame Ching
Under the leadership of a man you have all chosen to flee. We shall see how you prove yourselves under the hand of a woman.

Thomoto

« Reply #16914 on: August 21, 2020, 02:12:22 AM »
Hanging out with my goth lesbian friends after a solid day of work; easy to forget about some pathetic people who tried to dunk on me earlier. I'm much better than that BS.

Ayy nice  ;D
resting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

Barsook

« Reply #16915 on: August 21, 2020, 05:52:01 AM »
It's Friday!

Insigne

« Reply #16916 on: August 21, 2020, 07:58:03 AM »
It's Friday!
Huzzah!

Long weekend due to a holiday + more bike rides/food trips planned for the weekend makes me pretty happy.

Barsook

« Reply #16917 on: August 21, 2020, 08:33:31 AM »
Lucky you. Ours (USA) is in two weeks.

Fredd

« Reply #16918 on: August 22, 2020, 11:34:09 AM »
smoking a bowl and watching baby deer doing baby deer things in my back yard.
#winning
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Barsook

« Reply #16919 on: August 23, 2020, 08:02:29 PM »
Had a very good hike today at the local state park.

Fredd

« Reply #16920 on: August 23, 2020, 09:00:58 PM »
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

slipshod

« Reply #16921 on: August 24, 2020, 04:19:32 PM »
I found my old original GDB avatar while searching old hard drives.
Re-uploaded and applied.
“Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow.”

-Aaron Burr

triste

« Reply #16922 on: August 24, 2020, 04:28:09 PM »
I found my old original GDB avatar while searching old hard drives.
Re-uploaded and applied.

Your icon makes me happy. Good taste. A Clockwork Orange is something anyone who gives a hoot about individual liberty must read or watch. World would suck less by two standard deviations if everyone did read/watch it [or just read and appreciate art in general].

Saiseiki

« Reply #16923 on: August 30, 2020, 01:47:00 AM »
Brought a smile to my lips today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2zb5Ahzwco

Shaydee

« Reply #16924 on: September 09, 2020, 02:47:45 PM »
Back in high school I was in several art and photography classes and I also did a lot of creative writing. But when I graduated and started working I stopped doing those things and basically lost my creativity. But I would still buy art materials and such.

Well recently I decided to just say fuck it and start painting/drawing to see what happened and I haven't been able to stop and it honestly makes me so happy.

My creativity isn't fully back yet but i can see the glimmer of hope in the distance and that's enough for me   :)

My next project is a painting of the symbols and favored weapons of the deities from my husbands homebrew pathfinder world  ;D
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!