Another one those role threads:

Started by BlackMagic0, November 27, 2010, 06:18:42 AM

November 27, 2010, 06:18:42 AM Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 08:02:52 PM by BlackMagic0
So I happen to be in the market for a role at the current moment and I am drawing a utter blank for myself. I thought I would throw this up and see if I get something!
If you'd like to add in your random odd urge, or amusing roles to the thread. Post them! Family roles? Post them to!

Some fun tid bits of information:
I like elves.. they got pointy ears and shit.
I dislike playing a dwarf or half giant (though if its a interesting enough concept, perhaps).
I loath mages- will not even under threat of death play one any more.
I've got karma up to half giant (3).
I can special app if needed.
I've got pretty random play times: Central time zone. Though it changes up from mornings, to late-late night, to afternoons. On average its late afternoons to midnight central.

Yup! Post them up!  :-*
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Since you don't like playing dwarves or half-giants but are willing to try, let me give you a role I thought about but never got a chance to play.

Two half-giants gave birth to a third. That baby is you. Since your mother's skirt got all messed up giving birth to you, she traded you to some dwarven family for a new skirt. The dwarfs mainly kept you around to reach the high shelves in their apartment and carry heavy things, but you caught on to their ways. You speak mirukkim better than sirihish and you shout random foci when doing the simplest of tasks (My focus is to mine 'sid! Now my focus is to carry this sid back! and so on), much to the chagrin of the dwarves around you. App a half-giant with linguist subguild and ask the staff to take away your allundean, and knock down your sirihish a bit. Can be based anywhere.

City elf warrior-archer who's fascinated with desert elves and wants to get back "to his roots." Hunt a lot.

Tuluki c-elven bard. You visit d-elf tribes, learn of their exploits, and then turn them into song.

Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Survival expected for the last two, very short.

Just play a delf, I believe all the tribes are reasonably active at the moment.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Playing an actual delf is too easymode for any serious player.

I'd suggest looking into the Akai Sjir for those final two concepts. Very viable, and you'd have clan support!

If you like elves, try the Jaxa Pah.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: jstorrie on November 27, 2010, 06:25:53 PMPlaying an actual delf is too easymode for any serious player.
I call BS.  Getting real shit done is hard.  Individual survival isn't as hard.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: jstorrie on November 27, 2010, 06:25:53 PM

I quote this for truth. As someone who's played an intense desert-hunting city elf for several real life years, playing a d-elf in the desert is easy mode by comparison. Whether it's getting shit done, or survival over the long haul. As X-D said, life expectancy there is small unless you know exactly what you're doing and have a little luck. On the flip side, I have massive respect for anyone who can pull it off.

That said city-elves and half-breeds could always use some more love. Play something with pointy ears -> ?? -> Profit.
Keepin' it dusty,
                     Mr.B

EvilRoeSlade: "There's something seriously wrong when I say aide and everyone hears whore."

I figured Staff would flip if anyone made an outdoorsy C-elf - Hence the reason they removed Ranger as an option for them.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on November 28, 2010, 12:40:40 AM
I figured Staff would flip if anyone made an outdoorsy C-elf - Hence the reason they removed Ranger as an option for them.

There are plenty of quasi-outdoorsy c-elves. Though I think any c-elf who shirks city life completely (and isn't forced to because of rogue mage status or exile) would be kind of off their rocker.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I played a c-elf warrior who hunted for the tribe by going outside the walls to get materials, etc. With a reasonable amount of caution, I found it to be very easy. At six or seven days played, I was taking out carru without getting scratched and tembo were no sweat. That's not a huge achievement, but I'm just saying my char wasn't half-killed every time I ran into a nasty critter. I did have good stats. After about 8 days played, I apped for a sponsored role and got it. So while I don't want to put words into the mouths of staff, I'd say that playing a c-elf who goes beyond the walls for the good of the tribe doesn't automatically earn their ire.  Just do it ICly. Same way you should do anything.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Outdoorsy city-elves really only work around Tuluk, for a variety of reasons, and I'd probably do assassin/hunter instead of warrior/whatever...although really, you'll get more coded food simply by picking subclass scavenger.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Play a 'rinther elven assassin. Straight up. Don't complicate it. "Legolas the elf lived a shitty life in a shithole until he one day scraped enough 'sid together to buy a dagger from the local pawnshop. He likes booze, spice and whores and seeks to get booze, spice and whores as soon as possible, likely by some means of illicit thuggery."
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

December 16, 2010, 09:34:19 PM #15 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 09:35:52 PM by Jingo
Quote from: Synthesis on November 27, 2010, 08:50:55 PM
If you like elves, try the Jaxa Pah.

Havn't played in 'nak for a while. But is the Jaxa Pah exclusively for labyrinth PC's?

I'd consider it if it weren't.

I actually agree with this. Even though it's one of the funnest roles available.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: BlackMagic0 on November 27, 2010, 06:18:42 AM
I like elves.. they got pointy ears and shit.

Look no further than a city elf! He's got pointy ears and his stats are shit.

seriously, play one, they rock and have a nice clan support (!!!) right now.

A well-played delf is few and far between. And a long-lived one. Easymode, my ass.

Maybe you're just not doing it right.

December 17, 2010, 06:22:28 PM #19 Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 06:25:45 PM by Dakota

I would think that any role in arm should be hard and challenging regardless of how 'serious' the player is...

So maybe she's doing it right?
Czar of City Elves.

I wish I had more brother roles to give away. You were awesome.  :'(