Luirs RPT Round 2: Sunday December 12th @ 12PM PST

Started by Reiloth, November 13, 2010, 06:30:42 PM

December 12, 2010, 07:01:03 PM #50 Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 07:22:48 PM by Is Friday
Comeback of the Year.

p.s. sweet event.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Wow, that was a marathon.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I enjoyed the sandstorm. :D

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

...8 HOURS LATER...

Kudos to the hosts who were probably around hours before it started, and stayed all the way to the end AND had to organize the whole thing and keep track of what was going on and who was doing what to whom and so on and so forth...

Just thinking about all that work gives me a headache. Hats off to all y'all, and thanks for the fun!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Yes, it went well.

Though, maybe next time on the merchants fair, spread that out over a few rooms...THE SPAM!
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Thanks to the hosts.

Lots of people came out, was fun!

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

That was awesome. Mega-Kudos to all those involved in bringing it to fruition.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: X-D on December 12, 2010, 11:32:58 PM
Yes, it went well.

Though, maybe next time on the merchants fair, spread that out over a few rooms...THE SPAM!

Good call.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on December 13, 2010, 04:09:22 AM
Quote from: X-D on December 12, 2010, 11:32:58 PM
Yes, it went well.

Good call.

I had the impression this was the main reason it wasn't as successful as it could have been. It was also very confusing to know what rug belonged to who.

Any other feedback? It's appreciated. Without getting TOO IC of course.

~Jack Vance~

Wasn't there, but kudos to those who took it upon themselves to arrange and host it. I hope you enjoyed it and didn't burn yourselves out.

I get why the host had to use all caps - to make sure no one missed the fact that a lot of what they were saying was "official news"...things people might really want to hear.

However. Maybe, When Time And Patience Permitted, They Could Try Capitalizing Only The First Letter Of Each Word. It Still Captures Attention But Is Less Distracting To Everything Else Going On.

Or even MAYBE just capitalizing ONLY certain WORDS instead of PHRASES that the host wants to emphasize. Like..

WHO WILL DIE! Will it be JIMBOB or SUELLEN? Enquiring minds want to know! BETS HERE!

Or something to that effect. Might be more trouble than it's worth - depends on how fast you can type.

Mostly though I think you all did an awesome job. I know how what a monster it is to coordinate Luir's based events.

Highly enjoyed it. Thanks so much for all the hard work in organizing it!

First time for me and I enjoyed it. Great job to all involved; A+ service!!

Quote from: Lizzie on December 13, 2010, 08:59:46 AM
I get why the host had to use all caps - to make sure no one missed the fact that a lot of what they were saying was "official news"...things people might really want to hear.

However. Maybe, When Time And Patience Permitted, They Could Try Capitalizing Only The First Letter Of Each Word. It Still Captures Attention But Is Less Distracting To Everything Else Going On.

Or even MAYBE just capitalizing ONLY certain WORDS instead of PHRASES that the host wants to emphasize. Like..

WHO WILL DIE! Will it be JIMBOB or SUELLEN? Enquiring minds want to know! BETS HERE!

Or something to that effect. Might be more trouble than it's worth - depends on how fast you can type.

Mostly though I think you all did an awesome job. I know how what a monster it is to coordinate Luir's based events.

I think Lizzie would complain that the pile of sids she found was too heavy or her steel long sword was too shiny.

Quote from: Titania on December 13, 2010, 01:50:32 PM

I think Lizzie would complain that the pile of sids she found was too heavy or her steel long sword was too shiny.

I AM NOT SO SURE
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Reiloth specifically asked for feedback. If he hadn't asked for it, I wouldn't have posted my suggestion for improvement. I had to actually take time to think of something that could have been improved. And yes, I would complain if the pile of sids I found was too heavy to pick up. That would definitely be complaint-worthy.

Quote from: Lizzie on December 13, 2010, 02:34:22 PM

Reiloth specifically asked for feedback. If he hadn't asked for it, I wouldn't have posted my suggestion for improvement. I had to actually take time to think of something that could have been improved. And yes, I would complain if the pile of sids I found was too heavy to pick up. That would definitely be complaint-worthy.

The feedback is appreciated. The betting system /Trade Fair will get some love before the next event.

~Jack Vance~

A few things as far as streamlining feedback:
Immside-
Get the stands/pit flagged indoors against the sand.
Announcement object so you don't have to shout in all caps.
Playerside-
Post the betting rules before the competition so its not confusing.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Bogre on December 13, 2010, 03:22:13 PM
A few things as far as streamlining feedback:
Immside-
Get the stands/pit flagged indoors against the sand.

Announcement object so you don't have to shout in all caps.
Playerside-
Post the betting rules before the competition so its not confusing.

Good call.

~Jack Vance~

Also, you should add naked mud wrestling next time. Just an idea...  ;D

Ginka Sauce wrestling.

I think that platform's still set up in Luir's...

Ew. Use kalan or something. Ginka's much too refined for stinky gypsies (/elves/southerners/northerners/halflings/gith) to be wrestling in.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I didn't mind the ALL CAPS. I mean it was a crowded event. Wouldn't he have needed to shout to make himself heard?

Ginka sauce wrestling platforms already exist.

Blood-colored? Check. Extravagant? Check. Slippery fun? Check.

That's Danu style, right there.