Carrion birds

Started by aphex, October 24, 2010, 05:38:50 PM

Are there any carrion birds in Armageddon? Vultures, condors, ravens/crows?
Quote from: MeTekillot on July 11, 2011, 04:23:45 PM
Be a dick, but don't over-dick it.

Quote from: aphex on October 24, 2010, 05:38:50 PM
Are there any carrion birds in Armageddon? Vultures, condors, ravens/crows?

I don't know about crows and ravens, but there are definitely vultures.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

What are other common scavengers?

Pretty much everything. Most animals(and humanoids) in Zalanthas will resort to scavenging in one form or another in order to survive. Ever looked at the corpse pile in Allanak? It describes people picking through the corpses, I believe.

I don't mean to be rude, but this doesn't answer my question. Can anyone list some common -animals- in Zalanthas that are scavengers primarily and not predators? I can only think of one or two off the top of my head, vultures being one of them.

Off the top of my head... jozhals, buzzards, sunback lizards and goudra are pretty common scavengers. The animals documentation should list them off.

Gortok should also be pretty scavenger-y.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Well, tembo are predatory scavengers. The "animals" page, which you can access by going to general information from the homepage, will tell you more about other animals.

I don't know if they are or not, but Vestric (being a rodent-like bird) made me think of a carrion eater.  How about Jakhals?  They seem rather predatory though.  I can't remember all the names of the various man-sized lizards and stuff... but some of them are probably scavengers.

The ones I know of are buzzards, vultures, kank flies, jozhals, rats... and so on.

Birds in particular, however, would be the aforemention buzzards and vultures, as well as hawks and probably smaller, non-coded birds.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Don't forget roaches.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

And players.  All players are scavengers.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Yeah.... Just about anything will scavenge and pick at dead stuff.