Zalanthas Language

Started by Aldiel, October 06, 2010, 09:38:54 AM

Quote from: jstorrie on January 24, 2011, 09:13:09 PM
In my experience they are extremely hesitant to. They come up now and again in a literary sense, but for the most part Tuluki society - or the public part of it, at least - has a sort of universal agnosticism about all things supernatural. Accordingly you don't even hear Drov as a euphemism for death, or Whira as a metaphor for fate. Many Tulukis won't recognize that 'Rukkian' means 'stone mage', or that sort of thing. Depending on their contact with the outside world, they may or may not know that elementalists are only empowered with one element's magick. And there is, of course, no concept of the 'preserver' or 'good sorceror', but Allanak is pretty similar in that regard.

The norm of Tuluki society would be that any knowledge of the supernatural is the department of the templarate, and none other.

i agree. i've spent lots of time in tuluk and an okay amount of time in nak and noticed that NO ONE in tuluk used "Drov!" and it was very common in nak to use magick words for cusswords.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Krath seems ubiquitous, though.

Quote from: jhunter on January 24, 2011, 07:23:22 PM
Tek's Balls!

Muk's Ass!

My first ever pc Mason got a scolding for saying "Muk's Balls" In allanak from his Byn Leutenant. (Who hasn't been dead a year yet, so shall not be named)

Ahh.. I miss Morbid Mason.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died