Another Summer - No Good Story This Time

Started by burble, August 28, 2010, 12:24:07 PM

There shouldn't be such a thing a bad location, meaning a location with few possible PC interactions.  I think a lot of the griping about lack of plot is due to a modest player base being spread out too far and thin.  There could be five active players in game, but so long as they are all in the same room, it's still a game with possibilities.  Everyone dancing around looking for each other gets old fast.  It's not a story. People log off, reducing chances of others finding interaction -- a feedback loop. Maybe if the fire mountain had done what a volcano tends to do to an adjacent city or if the big flood had done what a tsunami tends to do to cities...

(OK. I'll slither back into lurk mode now.)

^
Gospel.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

September 19, 2010, 08:45:23 AM #27 Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:13:59 AM by Reiteration
I should be playing more from now on, I never realized how draining college might be, especially for a 'Computer programmer analyst'

Damn, Armageddon is full.  There is currently a limit of 1 players.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

There are way more players now then there were "back in the day" the player averages are proof of that. I remember when 40 was a solid number to have online. And we only broke records of 100 when we did HRPT's which were.. staff lead plots of course. I've always seen staff as DM's in a D&D campaign. They are there for support and while I don't agree with the hands-off policy, something of which I've only recently discovered, I would rather prefer this and have fairness across the board, then the fun plots of the old days, where you know shit is going on behind the scenes that you simply cannot change.

Some of you may not remember how corrupt the staff avatars were back then.