Is it just me...

Started by manipura, August 14, 2010, 01:06:18 AM

...or have there been changes to some of the quit rooms around the city?

There seems to be less places to quit than even just a day or two ago....

Hmm, that's...interesting.

Well, thanks for replying.

Hmmm...I continue to have this same issue.
Rather than going into detail here on the GDB, I will use the request tool to get more information...

You been playing a ranger recently?
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

This character is -not- a ranger (if that's what you mean?), although s/he does spend some time out of the gates...
I wouldn't call him/her a particularly new character, either...

Have you experienced this problem as well, brytta?

Nah, I haven't noticed anything.  My only thought was that, if you'd recently lost a ranger, you might be used to quitting out in places that aren't normal quit rooms (though they might be inside the city--I don't recall any in particular, by the way).

Make sure you have "brief novice" turned on?
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

No, nothing like that, brytta...

Made use of the handy request tool and it was resolved.   It was months ago that the room in question was changed from being a quit room to, well, -not- being one.  So...that's good to know.  And I will work with this change...but I am just confused about why I could still use it as a quit room, up until a few days ago.  I was working away in said room and when I looked at the room again, suddenly 'quit' was not there.  I scrolled back up to the last time I had looked at the room and 'quit' was certainly there. 
The other reason I'm 'fairly certain' it was a quit room is because it's the room I logged into when I started playing that day.

So, not a big deal or anything, replies are not even necessary, but I just thought it was really bizarre. 
This just gives my character a reason to 'get out more'...

Quote from: manipura on August 17, 2010, 06:59:30 PM
This just gives my character a reason to 'get out more'...

Sounds like when you reach the age of majority and that room you grew up in suddenly loses its Quit flag.

Better find an apartment.  ;)
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
- Samuel Clemens