A Great Treasure.

Started by guest, July 11, 2003, 12:49:24 AM

Wouldn't it be cool, if the staff made some special Item, that was hidden somewhere, and had one of the nobles get a bunch of people to search for it, I think It would be a great Roleplaying experience...

A noble is before a large group of people

noble- The first one to bring me the Jewel of Tektolnes, A Great Dimond, will be paid Handsomly.

Then a dimond object is created out in the middle of the Salt Flats.
There would also be people making fakes, and bringing them to the noble trying to trick him into paying them, and they end up getting their heads chopped off.
Now that, would be GREAT.

It wouldn't even have to be a dimond, it could be a small cottage that Tektolnes lived at at one time, when he dissapeared.

Hey man that sounds like alotta fun, and a great idea. So the question is... why havent you done it? This game is for the players to make, sure the Imms help and do tons of stuff but if you wanna see it happen, the best way is to do it. So kill your char right now, make a noble and do it! Hell you should put it in a cave with three silt horrors! That'll really make it fun.  :twisted:
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Question is...how would he get it in there with them horrors.

*grin*
Veteran Newbie

Getting past the horrors is easy, all you need is a rinthi elf or two.  You throw the elf into the cave, and one of three things happen:
1. The elf grabs the treasure and leaves the cave where he is subdued by waiting half-giants.  
2.  The elf panincks and flees the cave, with the silt horrors hot on his heals, and the four of them run off into the sunset and you saunter into the cave unmolested.
3. The elf gets eaten by the silt horrors, if this happens throw in the next elf (or a byn runner if you run out of elves).  ;)

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I'd love to see it happen. But everyone would grab the jewel, and then try to blackmail the noble  :lol:

I think the question, "How would he get it in there with them horrors?" was meant to ask, "How would he get the diamond in there with the horrors for everyone to find without staff assistance."
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Reminds me of Heroes of Might and Magic where you would dig up the entire countryside for those special items of +12 spellpower, then get the black dragons, then get the armageddon spell and go blast everybody.

Too bad Arm can't have black dragons that you can buy for sid and armageddon spells. ;)

Quote from: "gfair"Too bad Arm can't have black dragons that you can buy for sid and armageddon spells. ;)
Sure it does. Just go to Allanak Since Shinigami isn't here Tektolnes can't stop you :lol:

I may be wrong, but I dont think the staff would be abject to helping anyone (well not everyone, maybe one person) do something like this. Perhaps with a little communication, and some set-up time you could have it be like your mother and father were out in the salt with their son, (your brother), and trusty kanks, heading to Allanak from Red Storm east, and were brutally killed by angry salt-worms, all save your brother who managed to make his way back to Allanak to tell the tale before dying.

Just so happens that your parents were wealthy silt-skimmers, with a fortune in silt-pearls on their persons while being attacked.

Now you promise the people that survive a share of the silt-pearls. And off they go.

The staff help would obviously be setting up a place to have the treasure be... possible interference, and then the creation of the items, which Im sure would be best if you wrote up, to make things go along easily.

I believe they call these things 'plots' and are usually most helpful in setting up and letting people go out on them.

Now obviously if this exact situation came up, that would be lame. And probably 10 go out into the desert to save the whatever plots would be boring.

But that is the basic premise for anyone wanting to devise some sort of thing.

1. Lay the groundwork/story for your plot. What is happening/happened.
2. Write up any items, mobs, locations you might need. Via the template.
3. Mail this information to the account, with a summary of what you need done.
4. Pray there is an unbusy and willing staff member to help.
5. Arrange a time for the bulk of the activity to take place. Maybe set up some things beforehand if you can get backing. (i.e. spreading some rumors before the actual thing. via the IC boards.)
6. Then let  things run out the way they can.

There is no way to tell how the above outlined situation might end. A group might get together, head out, kill the worms, save the pearls, and then keep them. They might return them, let you divy them out, and then be on their way. They might all perish. No one may find them at all.

Its really fun to see how those type of things work out. ^_^

Anyways, off track, and I forgot the question.
So my response is... ?Maybe?

There is actually a plot at the moment that follows this basic storyline. I'll let you find it for yourself though ;) (no, it's nothing major, and yes it has been in the game for quite some time :P)