The Hardest RPT to organize ever Round 8.5: July 31st @ 12PM EST

Started by Reiloth, July 16, 2010, 06:10:43 AM

Hey guys,

So you fuckers know who you are. We're all busy people with schedules and in different timezones.

So -- If you know from the previous confangled post what the hell SEEKRIT THING i'm talking about, here's the date.

Saturday, July 31st @ Noon EST, 9AM PST

Yes, that seems astounding. If you cannot make it, please PM me, and we will try to arrange a new time if too many people start crying.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Not July 30th?
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

There's not much of a difference for me if the time is the same and the day is a weekday. Still can't make it.. I'll be at work.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

You think:
"No! Please leave me be whoever you are."

You sense a foreign presence withdraw from your mind.

Now everyone who reads forum knows why we can never get the rpt going. Not only we get the hours wrong all the time, we get the month wrong, too.

JULY.

If AM doesn't work. What do people say to 6pm EST?
Cinnamon, Sugar, And Softly Spoken Lies.

If it's the same day, sounds a better time for me.

You think:

Can only do from 9PM EST onwards.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on July 16, 2010, 01:40:00 PM
Can only do from 9PM EST onwards.
I can't promise to stay awake that late.

You think:

How about Sat? Or Sunday?

9pm EST is no good for me too.

Saturday might work for me. I think I can sleep all the day and play until sunday morning. But sunday that time means monday for me.

You think:

Saturday or Sunday that weekend work for me. What time would we shoot for?

~Jack Vance~

I can make just about any time on Saturday.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

I'll make it.  Where do we meet?

Wait, crap, I wasn't invited!   ;)
"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars."

Sat is the best then.

I can do PM EST, but the earlier the better, or if it doesn't work, the later the better.

The earlier the better for me too.

~Jack Vance~

I'll be there, sounds great.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Little_Cacophony on July 18, 2010, 02:39:24 PM
Sat is the best then.

I can do PM EST, but the earlier the better, or if it doesn't work, the later the better.

Noon PM EST?

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on July 19, 2010, 02:33:23 PM
Sat is the best then.

Noon PM EST?

EST is 3 hours ahead of my own time zone. I'll bust my ass to be there, and as of now, I SHOULD be able to make it. Fuck. Why can't everyone live in the same place?

Crazy, you people are still at it? How you people met in the first place is beyond my comprehension.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Noon should be workable for me too.

Also, Reiteration, I'd call it a feat of titanic miracle and effort combined with serependity.

I'm confused. What's it in GMT?

You think:

Time Zones - Fucking up schedualing and logistics since 1675!
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

In summary:

If you were to log in between now and mid-August, there is a distinct possibility that your character will bear witness, be involved, or hear at least third-hand about this mythical RPT.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Aruven on July 20, 2010, 02:05:24 AM
Quote from: Reiloth on July 19, 2010, 02:33:23 PM
Sat is the best then.

Noon PM EST?

EST is 3 hours ahead of my own time zone. I'll bust my ass to be there, and as of now, I SHOULD be able to make it. Fuck. Why can't everyone live in the same place?

I retract my previous statement, I will not be attending this!

If we are all gonna die in this Aruven, then you better be there too!

Noon est should be 5pm gmt

5 pm gmt saturday.. that works for me..

You think:

I was planning on taking the game down for a couple of hours then, guys.  Sorry.

Quote from: Vanth on July 20, 2010, 04:44:42 PM
I was planning on taking the game down for a couple of hours then, guys.  Sorry.
You kidding right?

You think:

Quote from: eska on July 20, 2010, 05:09:26 PM
You kidding right?

Vanth does not kid.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

no wait really????

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on July 20, 2010, 07:46:09 PM

no wait really????

Yes. Vanth and I will be having pancakes and elf fingers on the top of Tek's Tower that night. Sorry, pick again. :P
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on July 20, 2010, 08:03:06 PM
Quote from: Reiloth on July 20, 2010, 07:46:09 PM
I was planning on taking the game down for a couple of hours then, guys.  Sorry.

no wait really????

Yes. Vanth and I will be having pancakes and elf fingers on the top of Tek's Tower that night. Sorry, pick again. :P

But Vanth......  :'( :'( :'( You PROMISED I could come next time.

I hate you, Amanda, and I know where you live.

The short, bearded man call the scary, clown-headed man and tells him to get his freezer ready for another Twilight fan delivery.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

When was the last time the game was ever planned to be down for several hours?

The last time you had a tea party and I wasn't invited.  >:(
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Vanth on July 20, 2010, 08:57:03 PM

Like 2005? Saturdays? *shudders at the memory*

So if everyone's alright with it, we're going to go ahead with:

Saturday, July 31st, 12PM EST, 9AM PST

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on July 20, 2010, 10:18:46 PM
Quote from: Vanth on July 20, 2010, 08:57:03 PM

Like 2005? Saturdays? *shudders at the memory*

So if everyone's alright with it, we're going to go ahead with:

Saturday, July 31st, 12PM EST, 9AM PST

That is entirely too civilized.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

This RPT is never going to happen. Never. *jinxes everything* >>
I ruin immershunz.

*swats a kankfly*

Was someone talking? I thought I heard a voice...

Anyway, sounds good to me too.

Omg omg omg it's finally happening.

With our luck, the game will crash, or internet will fall apart all over the world... or something...

I'm not holding my breath.

~Jack Vance~

Yep, ah.. That's no good for me. Daytime weekend is always hard for me to make, I'm much better with afternoon/nights.

Please don't hate me too much? :-\
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Quote from: InsertCleverNameHere on July 22, 2010, 05:23:45 AM
Yep, ah.. That's no good for me. Daytime weekend is always hard for me to make, I'm much better with afternoon/nights.

Please don't hate me too much? :-\

Gonna have to go with the majority on this one. We can plan another from there.

~Jack Vance~

I so would crash this if I could find out what it is.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: Dan on July 24, 2010, 01:03:32 PM
I so would crash this if I could find out what it is.

There is a reason it is a sekrit conference, you know! If only schedule isn't taking us years to organize, you won't even hear of it here.

Sadly, I think we will have to stage a third one to accommodate ICNH.

If you try to accomodate everyone, you'll still be planning this next year, and people will start to die before they ever make it into the RPT. Take the 5 or so absolute key players you can't do without and their times? If the rest can't make it, bad luck.

Even just an hour or two later and I'd be able to make this, but don't reschedule on account of me.
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
only not really
lol
KURAC

Quote from: Spice Spice Baby on July 24, 2010, 07:17:16 PM
Even just an hour or two later and I'd be able to make this, but don't reschedule on account of me.

Team? Is a couple hours later alright for you or no?

~Jack Vance~

Sorry. I already planned my day. It's the only time working for me now.

You think:

Quote from: Reiloth on July 24, 2010, 07:43:17 PM

Not me, sadly. The night before I'm doing a sleep study, so I will be spending much time with wires all over my face/head/stuff, and then after that I'm going to be playing catch-up from having 12+ hours of my life interrupted to be wired and monitored. Ugh.  :-[
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Okay cool. Guess we're sticking with this then.

~Jack Vance~

I am fine, maybe spice baby can join us later. I mean, realistically speaking, how many rpt you've been to that finishes within a hour or two?

Quote from: InsertCleverNameHere on July 24, 2010, 10:14:34 PM

Not me, sadly. The night before I'm doing a sleep study, so I will be spending much time with wires all over my face/head/stuff, and then after that I'm going to be playing catch-up from having 12+ hours of my life interrupted to be wired and monitored. Ugh.  :-[

I wouldn't be able to sleep with all that stuff wired on me. Kind of makes a sleep study pointless.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Little_Cacophony on July 25, 2010, 02:44:54 AM
I am fine, maybe spice baby can join us later. I mean, realistically speaking, how many rpt you've been to that finishes within a hour or two?

Touche.

~Jack Vance~

I will be able to make this. Unless, ONE thing happens in real life. But there is only a 50 / 50 chance of that.

For one who has lacked the equipment to access the internet for a number of months..  what is this?  No I don't want spoilers, but a general what it is, where, who ought to be there? Saturday is a really hard day for me to get free... esp on short notice.  But I'm interested...
If procrastination  is really so easy, why aren't more people doing it yet?

Quote from: Calypso on July 26, 2010, 02:47:38 PM
For one who has lacked the equipment to access the internet for a number of months..  what is this?  No I don't want spoilers, but a general what it is, where, who ought to be there? Saturday is a really hard day for me to get free... esp on short notice.  But I'm interested...
Sorry, it's an invitation only kind of sekrit meeting. You need to be one of the SKT.

You think:

Ah!  Well then, I wish all the Eskayti people a wonderful time. :)
If procrastination  is really so easy, why aren't more people doing it yet?

July 26, 2010, 05:03:18 PM #55 Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 05:05:19 PM by InsertCleverNameHere
Quote from: Lizzie on July 25, 2010, 09:51:17 AM
Quote from: InsertCleverNameHere on July 24, 2010, 10:14:34 PM

I wouldn't be able to sleep with all that stuff wired on me. Kind of makes a sleep study pointless.

Yeah I'm not sure how I'm going to do it either, especially considering my average bedtime falls closer to 1-3 am not 9pm.....

Hopefully, this is a go. Tomorrow is a hectic day for me but I am going to wake up early for your asses. Flake at your own risk.

~Jack Vance~

As I posted earlier, I will try to show up for the tail end but I can't promise it.
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
only not really
lol
KURAC

July 31, 2010, 03:59:59 AM #58 Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:38:32 AM by Little_Cacophony
Edit:

I am awake, and looking...

You might as well cancel this. I killed most characters that were meant to participate in this RPT.

Yea. Was a good one. Let's start organizing the next one. :P

You think:

Quote from: eska on July 31, 2010, 06:33:04 PM

Yeah was fun.
Czar of City Elves.

Yeah?

Whoever gets the request solved first gets to organize the next one. :P

heh heh heh.

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on August 02, 2010, 01:36:20 PM
heh heh heh.

I'm pretty sure that it won't be me organizing it. :P

Quote from: Little_Cacophony on August 02, 2010, 01:47:44 PM
heh heh heh.

I guess i'll do it then, bitch.

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on August 02, 2010, 02:30:45 PM
Quote from: Little_Cacophony on August 02, 2010, 01:47:44 PM
heh heh heh.

I guess i'll do it then, bitch.

You are just jealous of my imm, sucker.

Quote from: Little_Cacophony on August 02, 2010, 11:06:43 AM

Yeah?

What request? Were we supposed to send requests? :P

You think:

Quote from: eska on August 02, 2010, 02:58:30 PM

Yeah?

*facepalm*

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on August 03, 2010, 05:45:29 AM
Quote from: eska on August 02, 2010, 02:58:30 PM

Yeah?

*facepalm*
Damn! I knew I forgot something after that PRT thingy..  :(

You think:

This is one of the longest not-crazy-public RPT threads I've ever seen....

I'm impressed. :)

Quote from: Qzzrbl on August 03, 2010, 11:17:37 PM
This is one of the longest not-crazy-public RPT threads I've ever seen....

I'm impressed. :)

You'd be more impressed if you got to actually attend!
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
only not really
lol
KURAC

This thread has served its purpose, and has been locked.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!