Quarter Elves?

Started by creepyguy, May 21, 2010, 12:46:59 AM

Hey I had a question about the definition of half elves. If a pure human and a half elf had a child, would the resulting quarter elf be eligible to be a half elf or just be a human for race and stat concerns? What about 3/8ths? Or is it that any amount less than half would be human, anything more than half is half elf, and only pure elf is elf?
Thanks
Rorschach: "None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with *ME*!"

Ah, the elusive quelf.

In this case, you pick.  Human stats but some elven characteristics?  Half-elven stats but looks human? 

Whatever most reflects the character you have in mind, I would think.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

I'd say you could go as low as even 1/8th or 1/16th if you wanted to and half-elf would still be a legit choice. It's a catch-all for 'mixed-race'.

This is a post I made a while back about how I prioritize stats on not-half human-elf hybrids to best reflect the mixture physically and mentally.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on February 13, 2009, 05:15:01 PM
For the Half-elf + elf or human I would say make a half-elf, prioritizing the strengths of the full blooded parent or visa-versa.

Parents were half-elf and human: half elf... strength endurance  or  human... agility wisdom
Parents were half-elf and elf      : half elf... agility wisdom          or  elf...        strength endurance

As a side note, I have always wanted to play a breed in a d-elf tribe.

So if your were one quarter elf ,three quarter human, you would do one of these to best reflect it codedly:

Quote from: FantasyWriter on February 13, 2009, 05:15:01 PM

Parents were half-elf and human: half elf... strength endurance  or  human... agility wisdom

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.