Staff gatherings

Started by Saellyn, April 07, 2010, 08:57:29 PM

Do you staffers actually know each other IRL, or do you hire based on some kind of special qualificational super-resume that people send you whenever you want new staffers to gripe and groan and suffer at the hands of us, the playerbase?

We hire based on periodic calls for staff applications. Sometimes we directly invite players.

Quote from: Cavaticus on April 07, 2010, 09:06:52 PM
Sometimes we directly invite players.

And then they must pass The Trials. We do not discuss The Trials with outsiders.

Where's the "traumatized" emoticon? Eh, this will do: :-[
"Behold the monster with the pointed tail,
     Who cleaves the hills, and breaketh walls and weapons,
     Behold him who infecteth all the world."

There is the A.I.M.  (Armageddon Immortals Meeting) that used to take place annually, so many of the staff have actually met and shared meals.
<immcom> Petoch for your thoughts?

I've met most of the staffers at staff meetings. Therefore, I can say that I know them in real life. As with any people that a person spends time with (online or in real-time), real relationships can and will develop.

I did have to pass The Trials.

We will not speak of them.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on April 08, 2010, 08:51:58 PM
I did have to pass The Trials.

We will not speak of them.

Speak of them... perhaps not... live them down... never. 
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

A more serious answer - hiring is not based on any RL relationships, and even if you do join staff there is no expectation that you will attend any staff gathering if you wish to stay reclusive and mysterious. 
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.