What is your all-time favorite class?

Started by TripleX, July 06, 2003, 05:33:15 PM

I'm not sure how someone can rate a certain class as their "favorite" without actually having played the class before, though I suppose that's to be expected. It kind of skewers the accuracy of reading this thread with the intention of learning what people like playing the most, based on what they've actually experienced.

For myself, I haven't played all the classes in the game, but I'm going to have to say that from what I've played, I definately think the warrior class is the most flexible, making it my favorite class. Like Rindan posted previously, you can follow any profession you choose, and more importantly, be successful at it, no matter where you go or what you do. Your combat skills are far more capable than any other class in the game, leaving you in a position to slice your way through life when things don't go your way, and your subclass choice will give you the needed extra "frills" to flesh out a character that can make a living in countless ways. I'd definately recommend the warrior class to anyone new to Armageddon, particularly when played as a human. Human warriors, in my opinion, having the broadest range of options imaginable across the entire geography of Zalanthas.

Rindan knows what he's talking about.

Short-term, I'd say warriors are my favorite class. I created a warrior PC and joined a clan. He didn't have any prior experience, but he ripped through all the two-day and three-day old rangers like nothing. They couldn't touch him. Eventually, he grew to be the best fighter in the clan, second only to the lieutenant. Even then, the lieutenant probably had about 15+ days on him and mine only had about 4 to 5. Then again, he also had exceptional agility. Man, I miss him.

Long-term, I'd say assassin/ranger. They're a lot alike, except one is urban and one is in the wilds. Eventually they grow to be pretty badass. If I'm in 'Nak and trying to decide between ranger or assassin, I take assassin. If it's Tuluk, I go for ranger.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

I've only played an assassin, burglar, warrior and a merchant. While the assassin was my favourite character I have to say I really liked the skill set of burglars. They're a class that can really do a lot and I'm definitely going to give another go sometime.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

It's all about the rangers, baby.  At least among guilds I've actually played and kept a character alive for at least 2-3 days of play time. :roll:  

If you attempt to play characters that go out often, especially ones that foolishly go out alone, the ability to quit without finding a quit room is priceless.  Literally priceless, I've had characters go broke just trying to keep up with stabling fees if they come into town and stable thier mounts every IC night.  Life happens: you have to walk the dog, go to the laundry room, or feed the cat so he will get off the damn keyboard and leave you alone.  If you think you will only be gone 5-10 minutes it isn't worth going back to town and stabling your mount, but you don't want to sit AFK in the wilds for that long either.  Depending on your situation it could take 20 minutes to get to a room mounts can quit in, and the dog-laundry-cat simply won't wait that long.  Quitting outdoors rocks.

Being able to ride reasonably well after about 20 minutes of practice rocks too.  Every time I try another class . . . well, lets just say learning how to ride isn't my favorite RP experience.

I have a morbid facination with skinning things, so any time I don't have the skinning skill I miss it.  

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I have played em all and nothing was better than a sorcerer who poses as a vivaduan.

Muhuhhaaaaa.

Dirk:  Create some water for us please Alex
Alex:  Reaches a hand to the ground  ....
Dirk:  What the???
Alex:  cast "insert nasty spell here"  blah blah blah  gather 50 self
Rachel:  What happened here why is Dirk dead:
Alex:  Tell Rachel (Grasping a hand to his bleeding side) Bahamet, ..   closeby....
Alex:  barrier   etc until you pass out

muhuuahahaaa

I think it's safe to say that hammie2 has never played a sorceror.

Relax, trying to have fun here and lighten the moment.  I have played abou three sorcerers.

*cough*ASH*cough*

Umm... yeah.. heh... bahamet... heh...
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

So far I've played assassin and warrior, I must say assassin is a really cool class, backstab is very well done, and the messages you get for it are better then most other roleplay muds with it.  Or those that claim to be roleplay and have
Your backstab MUTILATES the goblin.

heh..

Warrior was really blunt, I didn't see him going anywhere, and I wasn't trying really to play a warrior, but I couldn't sneak or hide with him, so it left me without the option of roleplaying him the way I wanted.

-Sandor

I'm tendin ta like the Human Warrior Mercinary, Quick, Skilled, Fun.

But I lean more towards the Ranger than the Warrior. I tried the pickpocket, I didn't last that long. Although I've played about a year now, and I still haven't even played all I can, So I dunno which I like best yet.

for me...class hasn't mattered so far.

all my talent and interactions have been rped out...although...havent gotten into to many fights...which is a good thing since I dont spar. :)

I want to try the classes that allow you to be everything you can be, but extra. like magicker, mindbender, etc.
Veteran Newbie